What is the song referenced by Morrissey on 'Oboe Concerto'?

A

Anonymous

According to 'keene', Morrissey "references" a song on 'Oboe Concerto' that he can't get out of his brains and any true fan of Morrissey's will know which song that is.
I've been a fan of Morrissey's since I used to live next door in 1982 and I heard he and Johnny Marr's first tentative songwriting attempts emanating through the thin Manchester walls of our common as muck post-war northern housing, chuck... but even I haven't got the foggiest.
Anyone know, please?

what is the answer to the riddle of the song Morrissey can't stand...but it's stuck in his head.....the answer is very appropriate to this discussion. Come on everybody knows it.

My first two guesses are: 'Death of a Disco Dancer' and 'Falling in Love Again'?

Clearly it's "My Dawg Just Jumped"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my answer....I can't believe that all of those fans on the other thread did not know....

The song is the song of the siren.....the song of death..... If you know Morrissey's catalogue and you don't listen just superficially you'd know it...

We all have this song stuck in our head....everyone of us. The grinning skull is singing in your ear right now but you distract yourself from it.... by doing anything....anything at all but facing it. What does it mean...what does it mean? Morrissey sings in the scathing Art Hounds...

When Morrissey performs and rips his shirt off in concert after giving it everything he has he's saying look at me God or mr. Death....I did all I could as an artist....I don't have anything else....you can take my ass now.

When he talks to the world via his web site he doesn't sign under some fake ass name. When he performs or does an album it's him at his creative best making a statement about the earth and you and me and him......

He's a human being that wants to be heard.....we all want to be heard. But we were all born hysterical and spend our whole life it seems trying to get over it. We do what we can but earth is the cruelest planet that you will never understand....

Death makes life seem like a fraud....and maybe it is. Maybe your life and everything you've accomplished means no more than a dinosaur fart in a windstorm....there's a good chance that that is the truth.

Morrissey sometimes thinks that if people would not kill and eat animals we would stop being such murderous bastards....but he really knows better....that's the reason for the horrifying screams at the end of I"m Not a Man...

This album maybe the best he's every done.....but it definitely won't be the most popular. It's too damned real.....

So get over your selves......Death is waiting. You can run...but you can't hide.... The realization that we are on a spinning planet somewhere in space and all we know for certain is that we die....everyone of us....should make us better people. But the lie will continue.....

the fact that no one here knew the answer to this question proves this is not a fan site.......no ones listening and everyone's lying

Here is my answer....I can't believe that all of those fans on the other thread did not know....

The song is the song of the siren.....the song of death..... If you know Morrissey's catalogue and you don't listen just superficially you'd know it...

We all have this song stuck in our head....everyone of us. The grinning skull is singing in your ear right now but you distract yourself from it.... by doing anything....anything at all but facing it. What does it mean...what does it mean? Morrissey sings in the scathing Art Hounds...

When Morrissey performs and rips his shirt off in concert after giving it everything he has he's saying look at me God or mr. Death....I did all I could as an artist....I don't have anything else....you can take my ass now.

When he talks to the world via his web site he doesn't sign under some fake ass name. When he performs or does an album it's him at his creative best making a statement about the earth and you and me and him......

He's a human being that wants to be heard.....we all want to be heard. But we were all born hysterical and spend our whole life it seems trying to get over it. We do what we can but earth is the cruelest planet that you will never understand....

Death makes life seem like a fraud....and maybe it is. Maybe your life and everything you've accomplished means no more than a dinosaur fart in a windstorm....there's a good chance that that is the truth.

Morrissey sometimes thinks that if people would not kill and eat animals we would stop being such murderous bastards....but he really knows better....that's the reason for the horrifying screams at the end of I"m Not a Man...

This album maybe the best he's every done.....but it definitely won't be the most popular. It's too damned real.....

So get over your selves......Death is waiting. You can run...but you can't hide.... The realization that we are on a spinning planet somewhere in space and all we know for certain is that we die....everyone of us....should make us better people. But the lie will continue.....

the fact that no one here knew the answer to this question proves this is not a fan site.......no ones listening and everyone's lying

So I was right, Roy's Keen.

9288_1718443041536926_4632305535290860948_n.jpg

I like it.....anything to get that damned song out of my head.

And you guessed wrong.....bad fan.....not very good.....bad.

Roy's Keene.......don,t forget the other e

How does this song go? Can you hum a few tunes for me?

The song is the song of the siren.....the song of death....

Ignoring all the self-important drivel from this post - I thought perhaps "Satan Rejected My Soul" might be stuck in his head? Alternately, maybe just tinnitus-ish ringing?

Last edited:
I didn't know we had to answer riddles to become true fans. It's news to me. Why didn't someone tell me? This whole time I have been masquerading as a Morrissey fan.

I didn't know we had to answer riddles to become true fans. It's news to me. Why didn't someone tell me? This whole time I have been masquerading as a Morrissey fan.

marred....it's really not a riddle. This album WPINOYB is so blunt that I'm afraid it is sailing over all of our heads.

That"s what happened to me with Ringleader of the Tormentors. When I first heard it...I didn't like it, it was unsettling. I put it away until 2011. Then I heard him sing "You Have Killed Me" on Colbert. Then it hit me...after I had lived a bit more and seen a little bit more death (35 years in a job dealing with pain/injury and death) I suddenly realized what the hell he was getting at. Funny as hell...and tragic as well. That's life....you know the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for answering.
Looking at the lyrics for 'Oboe Concerto' I see it is about old age and death. I thought you meant a specific song, that's why I asked.
I think it's clear that all of our lives are essentially meaningless, but I think we place our own meaning on our lives. Really, Morrissey is no more or less important than any of us. For some fans he means a great deal - which is a choice they make - and for other fans he just writes some nice songs - which again is a chosen perspective.
Morrissey likes to attack others and quite unpleasantly so, sometimes. Other people choose to respond in kind. It's all much of a muchness, in the end. We'll all be worm-food soon enough and we're all indistinguishable once we're there.
Thanks again x

Ignoring all the self-important drivel from this post - I thought perhaps "Satan Rejected My Soul" might be stuck in his head? Alternately, maybe just tinnitus-ish ringing?

Self-important drivel?.....How's that....where is that? This was posted on a thread discussing a nonexistent threat to harm or kill the founder or administrator of this site. A man that said he has been a fan since 1986. Let's talk about self important there... It's interesting to me that no one...and I mean no one knew that song. A fan would at least try to understand where the artist is coming from.....ya think?

Thank you for answering.
Looking at the lyrics for 'Oboe Concerto' I see it is about old age and death. I thought you meant a specific song, that's why I asked.
I think it's clear that all of our lives are essentially meaningless, but I think we place our own meaning on our lives. Really, Morrissey is no more or less important than any of us. For some fans he means a great deal - which is a choice they make - and for other fans he just writes some nice songs - which again is a chosen perspective.
Morrissey likes to attack others and quite unpleasantly so, sometimes. Other people choose to respond in kind. It's all much of a muchness, in the end. We'll all be worm-food soon enough and we're all indistinguishable once we're there.
Thanks again x

You're welcome....and I agree with your statement. Best to you.

Back
Top Bottom