what is the man wearing? (give me labels)

I would never have picked Moz for wearing a scent with a bottle that looks like that. Someone must have been wearing it for him to like it rather than the look of the packaging. I always thought of him as a glass bottle boy myself :)

It smells like a Catholic church.

morrissey.jpg

It's heavy on the frankincense. Very nice.

If you go to the Fred Perry shop in Covent Garden they have the style of shirt he wore on the cover of 'Years Of Refusal'

I tried one on, I am a skinny build so shirts look naff on me.

With this shirt he reminds me of the french author Jean Genet on the 30's and 40's.

_Jean_Genet.jpg

And the setting of the refusal tour is similar to the spirit of his novels.

Ooops sorry, just seen that someone has posted that already.
Well, it just goes to confirm it then.

:thumb: i agree (& i'm just reading querelle)

"Querelle" is good but I prefered " The miracle oh the rose".

The version of "Querelle" by Fassbinder is very weird but it's worth seeing.:eek:
(even if the novel is better than the movie).

Anybody knows if Morrissey has already quoted Genet?

Last edited:
Are the shirts being thrown into the audience each night actually D&G or another high end label? That's insane and a waste of money on his part!

I see that he hangs onto that checkered shirt he wears in the middle of the show, but the pink and black ones...I don't know..if I was him..or his accountant..I would tell him to buy a bulk of generic shirts for those concert tosses!

yep, tonight it was D&G. i want to know the scent too! my friend also said it smelled like a church, like frankensence (?)

Yes, it smells a tad like frankensence and lavender. I was front row in NJ and smelled him as soon as he came over to my side and later smelled it as I shoved my face in the shirt I caught.
It's def different than what he wore last tour. Don't ask me how I'm so lucky, but I caught his shirt last year as well and it smelled more like a flowery smell back then.

I am so jealous!!!! You have a difficult dilemma. You are trying to decipher which scent, when?????? OK . . . . . . Whatever scent he is wearing on all his photos is working for me! Never gotten that close to the man... unfortunately. Both shows I had tickets for were canceled. Sad but true. I am still trying to arrange something. I'll get back to you on whatever I may smell at the time. :horny:

Re: Morrissey Plaid Shirt Brand

Did any of the brave ones who snagged a piece of Moz's yellow plaid shirt at Bowery or on the rest of the tour notice the brand?

Just curious?

I know the black shirt was D&G, but the plaid shirts are a mystery :)

i grabbed 2 of them at bowery but unfort no labels or markins on the one button i got.
i was told that the one shirt was versace according to the button she got.

so gucci, d&g and versace. dang

Re: Morrissey Plaid Shirt Brand

I may have already mentioned this. the shirt worn on the cover of YOR is available at Fred Perry's in Liverpool one for £50, It feels and looks lovely

It smells like a Catholic church.

morrissey.jpg

It's heavy on the frankincense. Very nice.

As I have never been inside a Catholic church, I just had to order myself a trial sample. :blushing:

I actually was lucky enough to snag an entire shirt at his gig here in Buffalo. The designer is Kilgour of Sevile Row in London and it is pink. I will post a photo of the shirt on Flickr and will link it soon...

As promised, here is the link to the pictures of the shirt that I caught. I'm still in disbelief that I was lucky enough to grab it before it was destroyed. As I said, It is from "Kilgour" in London and retails for around $200 Usd. It is a size 17 neck (bigger than I thought he is). I wish that the pictures came with Smell-o-vision because it stinks pretty...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36721122@N07/3385811816
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36721122@N07/3384998551
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36721122@N07/3384998299

Re: Morrissey Still Ripping His Shirt Off for the Fans

I hate that this is news.

Back
Top Bottom