What is the first Morrissey/Smiths record you ever heard/owned?

it was probably how soon is now.

the first song i owned though was suedehead. it was on now that's what i call music 11.

The first one I ever heard was How Soon is Now?. I didn't think it was as good as the t.A.T.u. cover that I was regularly listening to around that time from their album that I had recently purchased. :o

The first Morrissey/Smiths records I ever owned were Best... I and Best... II. After a few listens, I eventually realised that the original version of How Soon is Now? was a lot better than the cover.

I'd never heard the Smiths before I bought their first album ("The Smiths") in spring, 1984. Just took a gamble because they sounded interesting. They were.

I didn't hear any of their music until I bought The Smiths: The Singles. I didn't like them until I gave them a second chance when I found a Louder Than Bombs cassette at Goodwill.

I first heard This Charming man on The Smiths singles.

The first album I ever owned was YATQ.

The first Morrissey/Smiths records I ever owned were Best... I and Best... II. I had heard "Bigmouth Strikes Again" on this AM station after driving my then girlfriend home. They did not name the song or singer. However, I knew the singer was this guy Morrissey because I'd seen him on Saturday Night Live and another girlfriend years earlier was into The Smiths big time.

Anyway, I went to Tower Records the next day and bought The Best of which didn't have "Bigmouth" on it! I listened to the album and was amazed. I went back to Tower Records and bought every Morrissey and The Smiths album. At that time, "Your Arsenal" had been out for a short while... Memories...:)

Track 2 of The Queen is Dead. Blew my little mind AWAY. Never been the same since. :cool:

My first album was Meat Is Murder. Gosh it was the best ever. In fact, I'm going to go listen to it now while I read my new favorite book. Thanks for reminding me! I'm feeling nostalgic.

I didn't hear any of their music until I bought The Smiths: The Singles. I didn't like them until I gave them a second chance when I found a Louder Than Bombs cassette at Goodwill.

They sell neat things at Goodwill. My friend found a This Charming Man record there..

Checked out Viva Hate from the public library in late '88, maybe? but didn't listen to it because I was intimidated by the lyrics. :o

Bought Strangeways and Louder Than Bombs for the hell of it in the spring of '89, I think.

I heard; Reel around the fountain, in 1984 (I was ten) shortly after my eldest sister arrived from Paris. In Iceland we only had two radio channels both of them very sad. So being introduced was true privilege.

I was listening to the old XFM Ricky Gervais Show sometime in 2006 and they kept playing this song with the strange name There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by this British band The Smiths. It sounded interesting.

I got the song, started listening and couldn't get it out of my head. But I was also fascinated by a 'cover' of the same song by some guy called Morrissey which I found on the internet. Then I looked him up on youtube, not knowing what I will see. Little did I know.

you are the quarry and the best of morrissey i stole both from my sister,she used to own them and i say used to because now they are mine ........hahahaha

You Are The Quarry was the first album I bought, but I knew some Smiths before then - I can't remember an exact moment that I heard Morrissey for the first time... Must have crept up on me somehow. x

Back
Top Bottom