What is the best Smiths/Moz song covered by another band?

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I prefer Billy Bragg's version of Never Had No-One Ever to the original. That's my favourite Moz cover.
I've yet to hear a How Soon Is Now cover that totally stinks. Even that one from 'Charmed' has a certain 'charm'. But Tatu & Snake River Conspiracy's HSIN are top of that little list.
It's YOU! Did the good day happen, over the sea? Tell me it did.

Peter

mozzia

Voluntary Member
MUSE Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want.
This was my first thought, but then I was reminded of.....

Clayhills cover of Please, Please, though not a popular cover I actually like it.
That is stunning. Absolutely beautiful. His voice is just...*speechless*. Yep, this is my fave. Thanks for the reminder. I haven't listened to it in a while, but I will now :)

Kewpie

Subscriber
I just remembered about The Beautiful South's Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. My God, that is truly awful.

Peter

In December I was listening to Danny Baker show on BBC London, Danny started playing Beautiful South's cover, but Amy Lame who is a huge Morrissey fan stopped it.

Hurrah to Amy. :D

MrJDean

I liked Arcade Fire's cover of 'Still Ill'.

I heard them play it live in Newcastle & no one seemed to know what song it was & I was going CRAZY!!!

I was high on life for about three minutes singing along evey word!

Radiohead's version of "The Headmaster Ritual" is actually suprisingly quite good, even though I dont like Radiohead.

Yeah i have a recording of Arcade Fire's still ill and it's pretty good
but my favourite is Muse's 'Please, please, please...'
I do not like Mark Ronson's 'Stop Me' it's horrible and what's worse is that I know a lot of people who really like his version but haven't even heard of The Smiths. I can only despair.

Top Bottom