What is said at the beginning of "Black Cloud"?

A

Anonymous

Just for curiosity,
Something is said at the beginning of the song "Black cloud". But, I could never decode it.:pensive:

Thanks in advance! :kissingheart:

Wow... thank you very much. Do you know if it's from a film or just Moz creation?

it doesn't sound like ,can you see the black cloud.

Actually, after closer listening, I think it might be "THEN you see the black cloud", though the upward inflection makes it sound like a question. It's definitely either 'Then' or 'Can'.

It's much easier to hear it on the live shows - for example

It's definitely "Can you see the black cloud?" That was also used as the run out groove etching on the EDILS re-issue!
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/everyday-is-like-sunday-run-out-inscription.111213/

As to what the source of the voice sample is, I have no idea. I'm still curious about where the clip of "Los Angeles...you are too hot!" comes from. ;) (I've heard it was from a LA news weather report, and also I've heard that it's Morrissey himself saying it...obviously, one of those has to be wrong.)

Last edited:
i take it back, it seems slowed down live.it does sound like can you see the black cloud.

i take it back, it seems slowed down live.it does sound like can you see the black cloud.

What interests me is, has he ever said that before the song began during life performances of Black Cloud. Or are they only on recorded versions?
With his reputation of adding and changing lyrics it wouldn't surprise me.
And than at one occasion saying than and another one can.
The runout groove of Everyday is Like SUNday containing Can you see the black cloud is funny.

Back
Top Bottom