What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

Yesterday I saw an old work colleague of mine who changed his career and became a cop. He went to the olympics in Lillehammer and was seen on tv during the ice hockey final. His 15 minutes of fame although it is never that long tbh.

I'd like to change the title of this thread to what television show are you watching at the moment instead of favorite (favourite in real english).

Anyways, I have now watched 4 episodes of "Big Little Lies" which is about mostly upper middlesclass people in Monterey. This show makes me feel blessed to not be in such a social setting and even more blessed not to have kids. There is this annoying Converse snowflake mother in this one with a punk ass kid which feels out of place.

The reason I wanted to see it is because my old hooligan friend Alexander Skarsgård is in it playing the not so nice husband of Nicole Kidmans character. I found it funny how he referenced the old classic war film comment "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" by instead talking about the sound of crunchy cereal.

Anyway here he is back in the good old days when I filmed him at a local game when he was one of the boys.

Big Little Lies was excellent. In my work I had to see some domestic violence situations and it shows perfectly the way it works. The upper the social class the more difficult it is for a woman to escape. Alive.

I wish I had a friend like yours. Just saying.

Last edited:
Big Little Lies was excellent. In my work I had to see some domestic violence situations and it shows perfectly the way it works. The upper the social class the more difficult it is for a woman to escape. Alive.

I wish I had a friend like yours. Just saying.
The golden cage syndrome. A woman has everything but her personal freedom. I know of such a case where the man used the tv remote to beat her when she didn't fetch him his evening sandwich quick enough saying she wanted to watch the end of her tv show.

Not a personal friend now but one of the boys then and he still is just one of the boys despite his fame. Waiting to see what one of his younger brothers made of playing the clown in IT 2.

The golden cage syndrome. A woman has everything but her personal freedom. I know of such a case where the man used the tv remote to beat her when she didn't fetch him his evening sandwich quick enough saying she wanted to watch the end of her tv show.

Not a personal friend now but one of the boys then and he still is just one of the boys despite his fame. Waiting to see what one of his younger brothers made of playing the clown in IT 2.
That man died from cancer in her arms down on the floor. They lived in a very posh house and he had a perfect lawn that was the envy of everyone in that area. He was a copy of Tom Jones.

Big Little Lies will get a new season as the ending gave that away but a violent oversexual Alexander will be missed.

Here he is again leading the singing at a Stockholm game:

He and his best friend, Joel Kinnaman (Robocop), are massive fans of that club. It used to be a workers club but became trendy with the more posh crowd too and some see that as irony. Alexander is usually very very drunk at the games so you would easily lure him into bed on matchdays.

LOL

FEUD. Great TV show. I bet Morrissey watched it.

I like Bette Davis epitaph: "She did it the hard way".

MV5BMjA2ODdhY2YtNDAzZi00MDQ5LTljZmYtMjcyZmJiY2YxOWE1L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY5NjM5MjA@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,685,1000_AL_.jpg
This was the single best thing I've seen on TV in years. I cackled like a loon over every episode.

Just watched the last episode of season 2 of norwegian tv series "Frikjent". They do acknowledge the fact that norwegians are absolutely mad about english football as the police chief has a Nottingham Forest coffee cup with the club crest and "Forest" on it seen in every scene in his office:

YB8wdFW.jpg

When he was out jogging he of course wore a Forest top.

Prison Break is now so bad I renamed it Piss On Break.

This MacGyver wannabe went to middle east and cries over his wife and kids and whatever and I am like just go home and bake a cake and get fat in the garden already and please have a shower dude.

Cleveland Indians baseball games
Cleveland Cavaliers basketball games
American Pickers
Tanked
Watter's World
60 Minutes
PGA golf
Seinfeld reruns
Whatever's on TCM
Lifetime movies
The Greg Gutfeld Show

286193-2.jpg

Started watching this 2 year old swedish based and produced crime series. I was mostly interested in seeing manc lad Dominic Monaghan acting out in Stockholm since he's done a bit of work for Man United club channel MUTV where he has interviewed players.

Cannot say I like it that much but only watched 2 episodes so far. Those episodes taught me a bit about greek mythology cause I have not bothered much with that.

286193-2.jpg

Started watching this 2 year old swedish based and produced crime series. I was mostly interested in seeing manc lad Dominic Monaghan acting out in Stockholm since he's done a bit of work for Man United club channel MUTV where he has interviewed players.

Cannot say I like it that much but only watched 2 episodes so far. Those episodes taught me a bit about greek mythology cause I have not bothered much with that.

Who is that guy on the left?
He looks familiar to me, must have played a role in one of my beloved Scandinavian crime series.
What about Border Town? The Finnish crime series?
Would you recommend it in any way to me?

He looks familiar to me, must have played a role in one of my beloved Scandinavian crime series.
That's our very own Michael Nyqvist who you must have seen in swedish productions and even in Hollywood productions.

He played a very creepy paedophile, sort of, in "The girl in the book".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980554/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_9

And a proper nazi in "The Colony":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4005402/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_10

His CV:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0638824/

Not a huge fan but he has his moments and he is great at playing a really creepy dude.

You just made me realise there is a finnish crime drama I have missed out on so thank you. Will watch it when I can.

After a slow start the third series of Fargo is getting into its stride. Watch out for David Thewlis as the villain of the piece. An extraordinary performance.

Recently, however, Rowan Atkinson's almost glacial portrayal of Maigret has been my favourite thing. Somehow he makes me forget about Blackadder and Bean and it just gently unravels over two hours without him cracking as much as a smile. It also looks amazing with Budapest standing in for 1950s Paris.

Bordertown trailer:

Will start watching it during the off season when most things on tv take a break.

After a slow start the third series of Fargo is getting into its stride. Watch out for David Thewlis as the villain of the piece. An extraordinary performance.

Recently, however, Rowan Atkinson's almost glacial portrayal of Maigret has been my favourite thing. Somehow he makes me forget about Blackadder and Bean and it just gently unravels over two hours without him cracking as much as a smile. It also looks amazing with Budapest standing in for 1950s Paris.

Yep, Fargo season 3 is a must see and now I have got used to it being in the more modern times and Thewlis is a god at acting.

Those that haven't seen his performance in "Naked" by Mike Leigh have not yet experienced great acting.

Yep, Fargo season 3 is a must see and now I have got used to it being in the more modern times and Thewlis is a god at acting.

Those that haven't seen his performance in "Naked" by Mike Leigh have not yet experienced great acting.

He's currently acting in the production "Kursk" about the russian submarine that sank. I remember when me and other United fans sang about that incident mocking City for getting relegated.

"City's going down like a russian submarine"

Cruel lads we were.

He's currently acting in the production "Kursk" about the russian submarine that sank. I remember when me and other United fans sang about that incident mocking City for getting relegated.

"City's going down like a russian submarine"

Cruel lads we were.

I am not that nationalistic but if I remember correctly it was a Dutch company with great expertise getting the Kursk above the water after being asked to do so by Putin himself.
I think it was called Mammoth or so.

I am not that nationalistic but if I remember correctly it was a Dutch company with great expertise getting the Kursk above the water after being asked to do so by Putin himself.
I think it was called Mammoth or so.
When you say that I sort of remember that rescue operation and a mention of it being dutch on the news.

GW's Murder is a swedish crime documentary where swedish crime professor Leif GW Persson deals with one case in each episode.

Tonight it is the murder of Marina Johansson and her killer was her boyfriend who got caught for murder all because of a text message he deleted on his mobile that they were able to restore.

Here is the interrogation that lead to his conviction for murder meaning he will serve 16 years:

Leif GW Persson:

Back
Top Bottom