What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

poem for klaus nomi and baklava

O east village sylph!
agitating mine heart!
where dost thou now sing
thy heavenly airs,
or cast
thine heavnely gaze
(thine eyelids like rose petals)
while i am here
as all about turns to
dust and ashes in the suns
persistent rays:
a fetid bog
is the world in which we live
without you, klaus.
where to go for respite!
where, among these gray faces,
might a soul find balm
from these earthly miseries?!
where?!
to the bakery section of
save-on foods, of course!
where spying a little box
of something sweet--
pretty squares morsels
all done up in a row,
whose charms alone might stave off
the hardening of this heart--
i hold it to mine chest and casting
mine eyes heavenward i say
"o thank you klaus,
thank you for providing me this
little piece of heaven";
and then i go to the till to pay.
o klaus! o baklava!
o saviour of kingdoms!
all my love with you do go.
:thumb:
the poem really took off when I got to the 'bakery section' part. I imagine you beginning to salivate at that point and rushing to finish the poem while one of your eyes is trained the whole time on that apple crisp that's staring back at you invitingly from the kitchen table. Get your priorities straight ! apple crisp first, poetry second ! ;)

O east village sylph!
agitating mine heart!
where dost thou now sing
thy heavenly airs,
or cast
thine heavnely gaze
while i am here
as all about turns to
persistent rays:
a fetid bog
without you, klaus.
where to go for respite!
might a soul find balm
where?!
to the bakery section of
of something sweet--
pretty squares morsels
all done up in a row,
"o thank you klaus,
little piece of heaven";
o klaus! o baklava!
o saviour of kingdoms!

LOL

I really appreciate that kind of banter and as it comes from you there really is hope for the world. Make sure to stick to Klaus Nomi cause he has made you change in a great way.

Now we know your type, a clown in drag with drugs hidden in his underwear smoking a fag looking all careless. I would travel south to Seattle and look among the heroine addicts.

GOOD LUCK!

the poem really took off when I got to the 'bakery section' part. I imagine you beginning to salivate at that point and rushing to finish the poem while one of your eyes is trained the whole time on that apple crisp that's staring back at you invitingly from the kitchen table. Get your priorities straight ! apple crisp first, poetry second ! ;)
yeah it's when i get to "bakery section" that i always end up losing the plot a little :o
apple crisp first, poetry second... sounds like a good formula! :thumb:

Verse from someone so perverse. I wanna run naked with only a canadian maple leaf to hide my privates in honour of her work.

They had greek food take away in Divorce which must have included Baklava!

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Going crazy reading and seeing nothing but Klaus Nomi and Baklava.

They got you there, Urbie! Ha.
Revenge is sweet.

O east village sylph!
agitating mine heart!
where dost thou now sing
thy heavenly airs,
or cast
thine heavnely gaze
while i am here
as all about turns to
persistent rays:
a fetid bog
without you, klaus.
where to go for respite!
might a soul find balm
where?!
to the bakery section of
of something sweet--
pretty squares morsels
all done up in a row,
"o thank you klaus,
little piece of heaven";
o klaus! o baklava!
o saviour of kingdoms!

That was f***ing brilliant and funny.
Gee, I am impressed, again.

well what can i say... klaus and baklava inspire me. my muses!
it's not meant to be funny though. it's a work of serious art. not to mention that i really do do that when i come upon the baklava at the grocery store.

It is very........Rifkean and although I know it isn't meant to be funny the turn of the strophe where the bakery comes in is hilarious to me. Not that it jokes on Klaus Nomi but that turn is good and funny. Not only funny.
And there is a feeling of relieve as you can happily turn to the sweet stuff like baklava and be happy with Klaus enjoying it. It is a heartwarming and emotional strophe as well.
You sure have a great imagination and fantasy. You are an artist at heart.
I hope I made myself clear about that.
Congrats Rifke, very nice poem! :thumb:

It is very........Rifkean and although I know it isn't meant to be funny the turn of the strophe where the bakery comes in is hilarious to me. Not that it jokes on Klaus Nomi but that turn is good and funny. Not only funny.
And there is a feeling of relieve as you can happily turn to the sweet stuff like baklava and be happy with Klaus enjoying it. It is a heartwarming and emotional strophe as well.
You sure have a great imagination and fantasy. You are an artist at heart.
I hope I made myself clear about that.
Congrats Rifke, very nice poem! :thumb:
oh gerrit, you're too cute trying not to offend me! of course the poem was meant as a joke. i dont think i've ever written a serious poem in my life :lbf:

oh gerrit, you're too cute trying not to offend me! of course the poem was meant as a joke. i dont think i've ever written a serious poem in my life :lbf:

I was being bloody serious and why can't poetry be funny? And serious at the same time? And confusing and turn things upside down? It's the power of language. Mystification, sudden change of mood and angle. They are apparently tools you play with very easily, even without using them on purpose. That is a talent.
You don't believe me. :(
You are thinking I am taking the piss at you. :oops:

MV5BMjQyOTgxMDI0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTE4MzczOTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Brilliant crime tv series based in NYC and every episode is long and feels like a film rather than a tv series. This one allows things to take time and you won't suffer from any skip to the next scene MTV disease.

Turturro as a struggling lawyer with feet rash in the third straight not political correct tv series I've watched lately. The racism and name calling in this one might offend those that cannot take it for what it is.

DBPrSAHW0AAmMGn.jpg

Me and Pernilla just finished season 11 reunion when we discovered to our delight that season 12 was already under way. These ladies just cannot avoid hating each others guts and the drama queen entertainment is simply priceless.

Narcos season theee turned out pretty good after all. Not inheirently interesting as the Pablo Escobar story, which is why he's remembered by almost everyone and the the average person couldn't name a member of the cali cartel, but the history around the whole surrender buying a president scandal was interesting as well as the story of the security engineer turned dea informant. It did ask a neat moral question being is it right to pursue justice if it'll result in more death. Can a nation of law survive if it pursues justice with appeasement. The downside is there's no intriguing villains this time around as the cali cartel are just regular drug lords but it was still well written well acted and compelling

Narcos season theee turned out pretty good after all. Not inheirently interesting as the Pablo Escobar story, which is why he's remembered by almost everyone and the the average person couldn't name a member of the cali cartel, but the history around the whole surrender buying a president scandal was interesting as well as the story of the security engineer turned dea informant. It did ask a neat moral question being is it right to pursue justice if it'll result in more death. Can a nation of law survive if it pursues justice with appeasement. The downside is there's no intriguing villains this time around as the cali cartel are just regular drug lords but it was still well written well acted and compelling
I've only watched three episodes but I am enjoying it, too.

just finished watching the three seasons of peaky blinders that are on netflix canada (are there more seasons?). it was really good. at the same time im a big disgusted by the whole "us v. them" mentality of this family. they kill without a blink yet we're supposed to care when something happens to one of them? well i dont. in fact, i hope they all get blown up. maybe not arthur cause i have a bit of a soft spot for him, he's just such a sad sack. i dont understand whether or not we're supposed to like tommy, because i certainly dont. in fact, he bugs me more and more all the time. he's just such a complete juvenile (oh yeah, tommy, you a big mannnnn).... i find especially annoying the way he holds his cigarette. if you must smoke can you just please hold your cigarette the way david bowie did, between two fingers, elegant like, rather than between forefinger and thumb, a position i find as irksome to observe as when women walk around with their handbag in the crook of the arm with their hand curled into an upraised fist. it just looks like bad form, but you know the person who does it think they're really something. ANYWAY. oh and im so glad grace shelby died. was she ever a bland thing or what. cant imagine anyone losing their head over old rice pudding face grace and yet that is exactly what we were asked to believe, which i was a little resentful about. my question is: why, when your nose is the only thing about your face that gives it any style or personality, do you go and have it surgically altered? was she TRYING to be as boring and unmemorable as possible?

seems like perhaps he USED to hold his cigarette between two fingers:
Dont-try-keep-track-his-cigarettes-youll-lose-count.gif

which is maybe why he never used to bother me. then he switched it up:
6cd27dc7d31e001ee4929d2169d2848d.jpg

possibly because he wrongly thought it made him look cooler.

i shall have to watch the series again to study the evolution of the way tommy holds his cigarettes, to pinpoint just when exactly it was he became such an unlikeable dolt.

Watched all of difficult people and found it to be good. Gets funnier as it progresses but somewhere along the way it went from them being difficult people to being horrible people which I didn't like. Arthur and her mother are the best characters imo though it's hard for me not to keep hearing him as dr venture or seeing her as hedwigs manager

Back
Top Bottom