What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

The first season of atlanta is coming to Hulu soon which I'm pretty excited about

MV5BODIyNzk5NDg5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTE5NjA5MjI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Season 1 was very good. I love Netflix.

I don't know if anyone else is watching an HBO series called "Game of Thrones" but I can heartily recommend it.

I'm joking of course. I've never been much of a fan because it's seemed to drag a bit when I've watched it in the past, but the new series is terrific. Some online put this down to the fact it's a shorter run so they're packing more into it.

Whatever the reason it has been an absolute highlight for me in recent weeks.

Plus dragons.

MV5BODIyNzk5NDg5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTE5NjA5MjI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Season 1 was very good. I love Netflix.

I am surprised you liked this tv series cause it is the most racist and politically incorrect thing I have seen in about 20 years. It gets better with each episode and the hillbilly versus redneck lesson was fascinating.

I also had never heard the term dot head before.

Jason Bateman is a modern actor in that he had to write and direct something to be able to feature in a tv series. A bit like when music overnight lost its value cause of the internet and bands and artists had to tour their behind off to be able to survive.

I am surprised you liked this tv series cause it is the most racist and politically incorrect thing I have seen in about 20 years. It gets better with each episode and the hillbilly versus redneck lesson was fascinating.

I also had never heard the term dot head before.

Jason Bateman is a modern actor in that he had to write and direct something to be able to feature in a tv series. A bit like when music overnight lost its value cause of the internet and bands and artists had to tour their behind off to be able to survive.

Maybe I liked it by different reasons for what you didn't like it. It pictures money laundering, a very well known activity for people in countries like mine, in all its rawness and cruelty. I don't pay too much attention to US american subtleties in relation to its social organization or discrimination based in skin color or cultural origin. Sorry, I don't get them, I can't register them. They are very far from my own reality and I filter them automatically like any person does with a language that don't understand. Sincerely, I don't know yet what you are talking about. I'm sure you wouldn't undertand either a lot of social problems that exists in other places of the world, like mapuche terrorism in Patagonia funded by British money.

Maybe I liked it by different reasons for what you didn't like it. It pictures money laundering, a very well known activity for people in countries like mine, in all its rawness and cruelty. I don't pay too much attention to US american subtleties in relation to its social organization or discrimination based in skin color or cultural origin. Sorry, I don't get them, I can't register them. They are very far from my own reality and I filter them automatically like any person does with a language that don't understand. Sincerely, I don't know yet what you are talking about. I'm sure you wouldn't undertand either a lot of social problems that exists in other places of the world, like mapuche terrorism in Patagonia funded by British money.

Never said I do not like it and it grows on me for each episode but you not seeing the racism in it maybe says a lot about you. Maybe you choose not to understand to not get affected by values you cannot share.

Bateman must be a Trump voter.

We watched the last episode of Ozark tonight and cannot wait for a second season as it ended in a way that makes it obvious there will be one. All through the season it has been full of not political correct statements and the last episode made fun of the climate change believers. It also featured a small tv in background showing Man United playing at home at Old Trafford so could not have ended better really.

divorce-filming-locations-poster.jpg

Then we started watching Sarah Jessica Parker being her usual self on tv in a tv series we had not heard of at all. This is about women getting bored of their men and Sarah gets found out having a lover and this time it is the husband playing the wounded one and not the other way around that we have got so used to.

Loved the snow in this one and this is a modern day "Scenes from a Marriage" without the serious Ingmar Bergman mood and instead full of moments of comedy. It almost derails here and there during the funny parts but always manages to balance that somehow.

Two episodes in and every episode is just 25 minutes so this will feel like a very short first season and who knows if a second one will be made.

I watched complete season 1 of Divorce some time ago and think it's OK.

Do you agree with me that films and tv series always depict the woman as the victim and weak one when in reality it's always almost only the men that break down and struggle when going through a divorce?

Women are so much stronger than men in so many ways, mentally and sometimes even physically cause those two go hand in hand.

Do you agree with me that films and tv series always depict the woman as the victim and weak one when in reality it's always almost only the men that break down and struggle when going through a divorce?

Women are so much stronger than men in so many ways, mentally and sometimes even physically cause those two go hand in hand.

No.

Not a feminist then. Maybe just a bit stoic when it comes to things I suggest.

All the arts always portrayed women as weak and men as strong when we know full well it is the other way around. In that sense Divorce tv series is liberating.

They had greek food take away in Divorce which must have included Baklava!

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Going crazy reading and seeing nothing but Klaus Nomi and Baklava.

It is so weird but Divorce is like some not political correct continuation of Ozark. They make fun of minorities and lesbians and those two shows really represent new times after the latest election even though they were made before the election outcome.

Maybe the writers were picking up vibes where America was heading and managed to filter that down into the series?

They had greek food take away in Divorce which must have included Baklava!

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Going crazy reading and seeing nothing but Klaus Nomi and Baklava.

poem for klaus nomi and baklava

O east village sylph!
agitating mine heart!
where dost thou now sing
thy heavenly airs,
or cast
thine heavnely gaze
(thine eyelids like rose petals)
while i am here
as all about turns to
dust and ashes in the suns
persistent rays: