What is all this hostility to Morrissey Solo about?

Yeah kinda like that Moz Angeles thread you started. :p (Sorry, couldn't resist.:D)

Figures You Would Have Something To Say Crystal (I Can Tell Being A Bitter Bitch Comes Natural Too You)

Figures You Would Have Something To Say Crystal (I Can Tell Being A Bitter Bitch Comes Natural Too You)

Bitter? About what? It was a joke. Lighten up, caps.

I Was Joking Too Your Not A Bitch Just An Old Bitter Lady...
BTW Have A Good Day!!!

Okay I'll Do That!!!

I'm gearing up to see REO Speedwagon (With special guest STYX) at the fair tonight because I am the Best. Sister. Ever!!! :D

Domo Arrigato Mr. Roboto!

Last edited:
Okay I'll Do That!!!

I'm gearing up to see REO Speedwagon (With special guest STYX) at the fair tonight because I am the Best. Sister. Ever!!! :D

Domo Arrigato Mr. Roboto!

Lol...

Hey Battlerocks, watch your language. There's no need for insults. CrystalGeezer is one of the best posters to this site. It was only a joke as the smiley face icons indicate.

Hey Battlerocks, watch your language. There's no need for insults. CrystalGeezer is one of the best posters to this site. It was only a joke as the smiley face icons indicate.

And Im Suppose To Listen To What You Say Peterb... I Could Careless What CrystalGeezer Is On This Site She Wants To Insult Me She Should Be Able To Take Some Insults Back (Right Bitter Bitch @ CrystalGeezer)... Nice To Know Your One of Her Groupies...

Heya Peterb!!!!

Don't worry good sir! It happens. I don't know why, and it constantly baffles me, but just ignore it and you'll learn to sift out the nasty people on here.

You are very welcome here!

Heya Peterb!!!!

Don't worry good sir! It happens. I don't know why, and it constantly baffles me, but just ignore it and you'll learn to sift out the nasty people on here.

You are very welcome here!
Thank you Dom, you're a scholar and a gentleman.

Once upon a time there was a guy named Morrissey [.................] That is the story of Morrissey-Solo in a nutshell.

I don't think I could've said it any better myself.

To be frank, I probably would've never cared about Morrissey's prose if he didn't have Marr backing him, and I probably never would've listened to him before, and especially after The Smiths witout that initial pairing... But, hey, he's a good lyricist either way... Or was.

Part of why I hate YATQ as much as I did/do is because of what struck me as shockingly sub-standard lyricism and bland, lifeless music to back it... A lot of people say the lyrics of Kill Uncle were thin. It baffles me that anyone could praise YATQ in any respect if they believe this of KU.

Frankly, I think people dislike it well, at least some people) because they don't want to be in disagreement with Papa Moz, who doesn't want to be in disagreement with critics. If they don't like it, he doesn't like it. The album was shit, and it's all someone else's fault, basically. That seems to be his general approach to negative reviews as far as I can tell.

IDK when being a fan came to mean not having your own opinion or existing only to masturbate someone's ego and turn them into complacent, egotistical Rock-n-Roll cartoons...

Believe it or not, I have a mountain of gratitude owed to Morrissey. I have much respect and admiration. That's why his work and apparent mindset burns me. It makes me sad... SAD. Not angry. Not resentful, Just unhappy.

Last edited:
Then you have the ex fans who ridicule current fans, as Morrissey is no longer in the Smiths and they cant get their heads roound the fact that J. Marr (God that he is) doesnt play with him anymore.
Instead of forming another site, which deals with Smiths and solo Morrissey, pre 1991.

Where's the pre-Millenium site? I'd join that one. :)
I'm pretty positive the vast majority of users here are fans of Morrissey [SOLO]. Maybe they are actually such fans that they choose not to disregard what they see as an artist's complacency, stagnation, delusions, and lacklustre performance Especially when it's from an artist they feel is capable of much better things? Or KNOW, in fact...

EDIT: I guess it could be worse. Moz isn't a fried or bad off as Sly Stone (another musician I really admire).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom