What if Morrissey did an pure pop album?

HengeBoy

IANADOAC was such an huge departure from his previous 12 album, like electro & synth pop songs that felt completely out of character, HOWEVER.. i was bopping, so I’m curious if you boomers would love to see Moz continue this route for future albums?

No gen z , I'd rather him do an acoustic focused album. Kind of a dark , stripped back vibe but he always has pop sensibilities even if it's too unique for mainstream

this seems more like “Vauxhall & I” rehash time to me, frankly that album did have an acoustic pop feel tbh..

I mean see no harm, INADOAC is already mostly an pop album at best, he might as well go all out for at least one album

PS. I’m an Millennial

Last edited:
I can’t really point to a morrissey album that isn’t pop music (maybe southpaw). Might not always be modern pop but he always been a pop music artist. Also modern pop has no real cohesion of sound other than electronics being involved. Might be better if you mentioned some modern pop acts to at least point towards the direction you’re inferring. To me a lot of current pop music sounds vapid and minimalist so I wouldn’t want it to go it that direction

I can’t really point to a morrissey album that isn’t pop music (maybe southpaw). Might not always be modern pop but he always been a pop music artist. Also modern pop has no real cohesion of sound other than electronics being involved. Might be better if you mentioned some modern pop acts to at least point towards the direction you’re inferring. To me a lot of current pop music sounds vapid and minimalist so I wouldn’t want it to go it that direction

I’m talking about mostly a straight forward pure pop album but in Moz’s own style, an entire album with songs like “Knockout World”, “Jim Jim Falls” & “I Saw The River Clean” and the pop ballads being less guitar relaying.

I’m talking about mostly a straight forward pure pop album but in Moz’s own style, an entire album with songs like “Knockout World”, “Jim Jim Falls” & “I Saw The River Clean” and the pop ballads being less guitar relaying.

What’s your definition of ‘a straight forward pure pop album’ ?

examples would be best.

But to answer what I think your question is...

I wouldn’t mind another Morrissey record that leans more towards the electronic if the songs are as good as they are IANADOAC.

Though I’m not really a fan of clean minimal electronic pop music, as long as it’s rich dense and dirty, that’s cool.

What’s your definition of ‘a straight forward pure pop album’ ?

examples would be best.

But to answer what I think your question is...

I wouldn’t mind another Morrissey record that leans more towards the electronic if the songs are as good as they are IANADOAC.

Though I’m not really a fan of clean minimal electronic pop music, as long as it’s rich dense and dirty, that’s cool.

Very hard to make examples, since moz is kind of unique.

But Basically very minimal guitar or acoustic productions, no rock elements.. just mostly alternative pop in a way..

Very hard to make examples, since moz is kind of unique.

But Basically very minimal guitar or acoustic productions, no rock elements.. just mostly alternative pop in a way..

I think whatever genre Morrissey taps into, it will always sound like a Morrissey song.

That voice is inescapable, and will shape whatever it touches.

In my fantasy, Morrissey’s next record would be produced by Trent Reznor, Flood and Death Grips.

:)

Then yeah I could go for that. My only line In the sand would be no vocal effects please

Ignore the uneducated racist, homophobic wanker. You will soon see that he uses the same words over and over again like some kid in a playground.
I’ve seen the fools handy work with that mouth of his...Anyways I love your user name ❤

Then yeah I could go for that. My only line In the sand would be no vocal effects please

Again, Knockabout World it’s literally moz’s most bounciest pop song to date and even critics seems to like that track including the reviews dragging the album, many said it was one of the highlights. It definitely works

Back
Top Bottom