What (hopefully upcoming) new Morrissey output are you most looking forward to?

What (hopefully upcoming) new Morrissey output are you most looking forward to?

• None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OF THE LAME.

Now that he’s been working with Alain again, makes me believe
that him working with Marr again is more of a possibility then ever.

It won’t happen anytime soon though, and I’m thinking it would be a recording rather than live shows.
I'm not interested at all in a new collaboration with Marr. I think they don't have anything to share anymore.

I'm not interested at all in a new collaboration with Marr. I think they don't have anything to share anymore.

really?

I use to think that way also, but
don’t you think now that they’re both older, we would hope they have new things to share, or at least not try to sound like the Smiths.

Are you not just a bit curious as to what they might still be able to do together?

I’m not talking a Smiths reunion, maybe a short album of acoustic and piano, small string section of songs.

really?

I use to think that way also, but
don’t you think now that they’re both older, we would hope they have new things to share, or at least not try to sound like the Smiths.

Are you not just a bit curious as to what they might still be able to do together?

I’m not talking a Smiths reunion, maybe a short album of acoustic and piano, small string section of songs.
Dear Ketamine, I will always be curious about anything Morrissey decides to do, I'm sure of this because I love the man and all his music.
I don't like Marr that much.
To your question: no, now that they are older they don't have anything in common ;)

Dear Ketamine, I will always be curious about anything Morrissey decides to do, I'm sure of this because I love the man and all his music.
To your question: no, now that they are older they don't have anything in common ;)

How do you know that?

Maybe Johnny is into Go_A too?

There's a certain beauty in the thought of them getting back together over Ukrainian electro-folk, after bonding (and supposedly breaking up) over 60s Girl Pop when they first met...

Well, first, they are older, so they have that in common. And the music that brought them together, music that has shaped both of their lives, that will always be there. Example, Marr loves Stooges, Morrissey recently worked with Iggy.

Let’s remember, it wasn’t their political views that brought them together in the first place, it was the music, and the music can bring them together again.

BELIEVE

:cool:

Well, first, they are older, so they have that in common. And the music that brought them together, music that has shaped both of their lives, that will always be there. Example, Marr loves Stooges, Morrissey recently worked with Iggy.

Let’s remember, it wasn’t their political views that brought them together in the first place, it was the music, and the music can bring them together again.

BELIEVE

:cool:
I don't know. If it happens I will be glad. I don't think it's likely because I read some interviews of Marr where he doesn't seem that enthusiastic about his former band mate. But who knows?
What I'm never tired of is new music by Morrissey and if this happens with Marr or Whyte or Boz or Manzur or whoever, I am happy: it will always be great.

I don't know. If it happens I will be glad. I don't think it's likely because I read some interviews of Marr where he doesn't seem that enthusiastic about his former band mate. But who knows?

Yes, as I said, I don’t think it’s something that will happen anytime soon. But, as always, presently, no one knows.
My reconsideration of the possibility of them working together again is based on Morrissey being open enough to work with Alain again. So with that in mind, why not a Marr collaboration in the future.

What I'm never tired of is new music by Morrissey and if this happens with Marr or Whyte or Boz or Manzur or whoever, I am happy: it will always be great.

Agree :thumb:

Johnny's going to support The Killers on their upcoming US tour, so there's that 😐

The A$AP collaboration, surely? “Love is not something you protect. It’s something you risk”.

You’ve never heard that before? It was everywhere when it came out around 2004.
It's still everywhere: currently no.85 on the UK singles chart, having been on the chart for 276 weeks. (I have never understood the appeal of this song.)

i never really think much about Johnny (sorry) but that Killers video is depressing. Johnny does look the artist playing and the singer just seems horrible and trivial. I know it was a big song at the time but live just seems a joke. My very long time love of Morrissey sometimes dulls me to the fact that Moz really (really) is an amazing singer and performer.

Back
Top Bottom