What has Morrissey inspired you to do?

Re: What has Morrissey inspired you to do ?

Because you don't feel that Morrissey has affected your life for the better? I dunno. Some people become bastards through the conditioning of society.

What the Hell am I on about? :p

HIM is not a bastard :rolleyes: he's just not a dribbling sycophant.

He made me see that I'm not a freak in ALL circles. He showed me that there are others out there like me and that we're not awful. We're WONDERFUL.

When I was a teen, he inspired me to expand my mind. To read more. To write more. To think more.

He also taught me to question everything, especially authority.

As an adult he inspired me to travel... mostly to get to him. I'd never traveled before I decided to follow him around. It's been GREAT.

He's also inspired me to stop feeling apologetic for being a bit different. All the best people are, really.

There's more, but I just got tired. Nap time!

In this days I ´ve been feeling bad, things are not going very well here, not only for me... a lot of friends are going abroad to find oportunities that our country is not giving us...

I ve been unemployed for 8 months... I m a lawyer with an specialization in human rights, and I cant find a job not only in my career in anything......

During this months Morrissey have become more and more important to keep going on, to resist... His music has been with me through everything, but now has become the sound of beauty in days where everything is not

To accept myself (for heaven's sake...), in all my uniqueness and dysfunction, and not to agree with society's labels and judgments.

He ispires me to get out of bed every morning. Take that for whatever level of depressive-ness as you want. I am refering to the fact that Irish Blood English Heart is the tone for my alarm every morning. It honestly does help.

He ispires me to get out of bed every morning. Take that for whatever level of depressive-ness as you want. I am refering to the fact that Irish Blood English Heart is the tone for my alarm every morning. It honestly does help.

that's a cool alarm clock. :cool:
Mine is the sound of extremely loud clanging bells, which I really don't want to hear at 6 in the morning. :mad:

Actually come to think of it, I've been over sleeping lately. Every time I hit snooze, that means I get to hear Irish Blood English Heart yet another time before dragging my carcas out of bed. Perhaps I should switch to obnoxious bells :confused:

Actually come to think of it, I've been over sleeping lately. Every time I hit snooze, that means I get to hear Irish Blood English Heart yet another time before dragging my carcas out of bed. Perhaps I should switch to obnoxious bells :confused:

If you do switch to obnoxious bells, you just need to make sure it's the kind that get noticeably louder with each ring. :p

I would have 'given up education as a bad mistake'

But I thought he said ' to give up education, is a bad mistake'

Whoops

- spend warm summer days indoors
- read Graham Greene, OW, Alan Bennett, Elisabeth Smart, Nancy Friday, Shelagh Delaney etc.
- watch "Romper Stomper", "Nil By Mouth" and "Accattone"
- collect vinyl
- overcome my agoraphobia and go to concerts again

Back
Top Bottom