What Happens to Your Body If You Drink a Coke Right Now

The Seeker of Good Songs

What Happens to Your Body If You Drink a Coke Right Now

Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? Because it gets you high. They removed the cocaine almost 100 years ago. Why? It was redundant.

• coke.jpg
  • In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

• 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there’s plenty of that at this particular moment.)

• 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

• 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

• > 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

• > 60 minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

• > 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.
77295223.jpg
This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker.) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.
Coke itself isn’t the enemy here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas. Moderation, people!

from: http://www.bspcn.com/2010/06/23/what-happens-to-your-body-if-you-drink-a-coke-right-now/

On point two above, can someone explain to me in simple biological terms how simple carbohydrates like Sucrose/Fructose/Glucose turn into FAT? I don't see it myself. A FAT is a triglyceride with three fatty acid residues. I don't see how a mono or disaccharide can turn into fat.

Peter

On point two above, can someone explain to me in simple biological terms how simple carbohydrates like Sucrose/Fructose/Glucose turn into FAT? I don't see it myself. A FAT is a triglyceride with three fatty acid residues. I don't see how a mono or disaccharide can turn into fat.

Peter
I am no expert, but I think they are going on the simplistic rule that if, whatever one consumes, if the body doesn't use it up in energy soon after consumption, the body stores it as fat to use later. If that is even a valid concept, I don't know.

I am no expert, but I think they are going on the simplistic rule that if, whatever one consumes, if the body doesn't use it up in energy soon after consumption, the body stores it as fat to use later. If that is even a valid concept, I don't know.

Well, I can see how small carbohydrates can be stored as Glycogen, but that ain't fat. There's a bit in that link that differentiates it from Triglycerides - fats. Sugars don't turn into fat.

Peter

Your body doesn't turn sugar into fat, but because sugar is easier for the body to use as an energy source than the fat in the meal you just ate, you use that instead of the fat content of your fish n chips, so the fat in the chips goes straight to the hips.

So that means Coca-Cola isn't good for babies? I always thought it was better than mother's milk because of this ad:

coke_baby.jpg

When blood sugar is high, a healthy liver will convert the excess into stored glycogen or fat. Consuming processed sugar (or even large quantities of unprocessed sugars) will spike blood sugar even in healthy individuals. The liver is forced to store some of that sugar as fat because livers weren't made to cope with refined sugars. Their process is slow and sugar spikes the blood glucose levels fast. I'm not certain of the chemical process, but I do know it's all about the liver and how it stores and releases energy.

I dont drink coke. cause i dont feel my thirst has been satiesfied , my throat feels rather sticky after and still thirsty after it. Im rather addicted to orange juice though(100 percent juice not one of these 20 percent juice) lemonade)
recently i saw someone outiside doing a stunt at what happens when you put a peppermint into a coke--splaaaash
the kid wasnt the first one with that idea of killing time

Last edited by a moderator:

You don't know? You're just posting spam bullshit.

Coca~Cola hater.

Back
Top Bottom