What happens in Sweden stays in Sweden - latest events in the land of IKEA

Re: What happens in Sweden stays in Sweden (latest events in the land of IKEA)

Ah, thanks! That's helpful, though google's translater isn't so good.

From the translation I gather it's a run-down, crumbing place that smells of urine, but it's being romanticized by lovers of the old welfare state who don't want anything altered from the way it was when they were born? "Now open your Locks, let salt lake flood, flood rats in city hall..." That's how the translation ends.

Yeah, a lot of words to translate and he sings with a southern swedish accent as well the old commie. These people that want to keep the place are mostly commie people living in the working class area of Söder (The south) in Stockholm. It's an awful place to be honest but the club "Debaser" is in that area and they used to have great bands and artists performing there. I never liked Stockholm in the slightest and God knows I tried to.

Last edited:

Swedish singer Danny Saucedo is in a spot of bother after his appearance at a tv talk show. Danny talked about his youth and how he once thought he was gay but then said that "I came up with a better idea", suggesting that it was wrong to be gay. The talk show host Malou von Sivers reacted to the comment and Danny defended himself by saying "but I have lots of gay friends".

Danny enters the swedish Eurovision contest this coming weekend. This was his entry last year:

Attachments

• danny_137434375.jpg
    danny_137434375.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

The LCHF diet debate lingers on in swedish media after last nights debate in the swedish tv show "Kvällsöppet". Katrin Zytomierska who has written a bestseller about how she used the diet to lose weight after she gave birth attacked the scientists saying they just hide behind old views and an old culture not embracing new evidence.

Katrin, always controversial cause of her constant outbursts on her blog entitled "f*** you right back", claims that the LCHF diet is the only diet that works.

Katrin during the Monday debate in "Kvällsöppet":

3612208700.jpg

Katrin's blog "f*** you right back" (in swedish):

http://finest.se/katrin

Katrin's bestseller book about the LCHF diet entitled "Dags att bli smal, LCHF på mitt sätt" (Time to get slim, LCHF on my way):

dags_att_bli_smal_-_lchf_pa_mitt_satt-zytomierska_katrin-15066716-frntl.jpg

Attachments

• 103781_27544388.jpg
    103781_27544388.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Last night Sweden's most famous tv news anchor, Claes Elfsberg, made his last appearance in the news broadcast of "Rapport". Claes has been reporting news to swedes since 1975. Claes will now continue the same work but in the other of Swedens two main national tv channels in the rivalling news programme "Aktuellt".

elfsberg380.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Loreen will represent Sweden in the Eurovision Finals in Baku after winning the swedish Eurovision with the song "Euphoria". She is already tipped to win the whole thing with her powerful performance where she fills up the stage all by herself except at the end when a dancer joins her onstage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PMQB5zmAU

Urban the swede

For the second year in a row Danny Saucedo ended in second place in the swedish Eurovision song contest with his song "Amazing". The performance was perhaps worth a number one spot with the light suits and overall dance performance but a sulky Danny afterwards didn't go to the after party and was dubbed "bad loser" by the swedish public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBOl2_hsLE

Urbanus in Scandinavia

After she had qualified for the swedish Eurovision final Loreen appeared at the swedish Gay awards singing her 2011 Eurovision entry "My heart is refusing me" and the crowd was really up for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Rxi0AleoI

Urbs

I am still coming to terms with the awful Kate Bush rip off song Lisa Miskovsky performed during the swedish Eurovision recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUUwucrTzA

"Been running up that hill, been taking too much drugs" more like....

Urban

Hello, Urban. Great to see you posting again. Pretty sick of them to ban you just for saying that African Americans should "stand up."

Hello, Urban. Great to see you posting again. Pretty sick of them to ban you just for saying that African Americans should "stand up."

They were right in doing so looking back but in all honesty I never meant to upset anyone but I think those that know me from the past understood me. I am back in a way but some posts are not published despite them not being offensive at all. I think it's because some people on here do not want me to be able to respond to some posts from other users.

Urbs

As always when my local band KENT release a single or album the journos are like bees to honey. Overnight the band released a live version of their upcoming single "999". The band recorded their upcoming album in France during the winter.
Cover art inspired by egyptian hieroglyphs. Egypt who launched itself as the pyramide country of the world despite the fact that Sudan has the most pyramides.
I used to love KENT but I cannot stand them since a few years back. Sometimes when you discover that people that you do not like are into the same band it kind of makes you stop being a fan. The song is horrible and they are past 40 now so time for these old grumpy men to retire methinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB12iCO8MkU

Urban

The latest season of "Sveriges fulaste hem" (Swedens ugliest home) is well under way. It is the makeover show hosted by gay couple Simon Davies, from England, and swede Tomas Cederlund. They own the interior and design shop London W8 in Stockholm.

During the latest season of their tv show they have a clip called "Typiskt svenskt" (typical swedish) where they highlight things that are typical for swedish homes. Simon understands swedish but prefers to talk english in the show but will burst out in swedish at times and mostly when he swears or is annoyed with his partner Tomas or something that goes wrong.

Typical swedish clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcOtja9e30

Urban

Malmö is once again making the headlines in Sweden as a tv reporter and a local politician is attacked verbally in the street by muslim gang members during an interview about the many shooting in the city. SVT reporter Janne Josefsson was walking in the troubled area of Seved in Malmö interviewing Ilmar Reepalu, described as the strong man of Malmö after having held Malmö's top political job for many years, when two men of foreign background questioned their presence on what they described as "our street".

Clip of the incident shown on tv tonight during the swedish investigation show "Uppdrag granskning" (Mission examination):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nipSS6ujVuk

Urbanus

My final Solo post as I have realised that I have no business on a website dedicated to someone I haven't listened to in many years now and who means nothing at all to me these days. The people I liked from the chatroom days are not here it seems and I haven't got the time or will to hang about here anymore.

I wanna urge people who see posts done in my name to report it to the mods and I can only hope they will act on it. Despite having used the new anonymous posting here set up by David I would urge him to restrict the ways to post and instead set up a new identitification scheme for the people on here as many people suffer from abuse done anonymously.

I wanna thank the many people I talked to over the years here and David who made this the place to be for many years. I wish everyone all the best for the future.

Urban

Like I stated in the thread about what music people is listening to I have decided to post in this and that thread after receiving a request via email from a Solo member who kindly asked me to post in these two threads.

Tonight the swedish tv show "Let's Dance" started a new season a bit later than usual. This show goes under the name "Dancing with the stars" in the USA and "Strictly come dancing" in the UK but in Sweden they named it "Let's Dance" using the Bowie tune as intro music for the show.

In its 7th season one of the contestants is Anton Hyse'n, son of former Liverpool player Glenn Hyse'n. Anton came out of the closet last year and as a footballer admitted that he is gay.

Anton Hyse'n appeared in the BBC film "Britain's gay footballers":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izT7yVwnxrg

Urban

Back
Top Bottom