What happened to Swords?

The cover art is awful but I don't mind Swords.
Moz called it a "meek disaster" because it didn't sell well. One of my favourite Mozzer troll moments was when he was put Swords several places above The Queen is Dead in a list of what he was most proud of. :ROFLMAO:
I remember looking at the cover art and thinking that he looked like a sloppy straight dude from South Boston. lol.

Did we ever find out why he was wearing two watches on the back cover? ?

as this playlist collects EVERY Morrissey song on spotify it's a perfect transparent guide to seeing what's NOT available because the title will just be faded grey and unplayable :

hmmm. i hadn't really thought about it like that. he just looked like one of the o'briens or one of the delahunty's ya know what im saying?
Forget about South Boston, try being on Lansdowne Street after a Sox game in the 90s. I swear they ALL were there and drunk. Does Moz look drunk?

Never understood why people dislike the cover artwork? It's a million times better than the cover of LIHS and that embarrassment that is IANODOAC.

Swords is a great compilation album apart from the Bowie cover.

Never understood why people dislike the cover artwork? It's a million times better than the cover of LIHS and that embarrassment that is IANODOAC.

I don't care for the music, but I think the Dog On a Chain cover is really good. It hearkens to the style of a Blue Note cover.

LTMxNDIuanBlZw.jpeg

I don't care for the music, but I think the Dog On a Chain cover is really good. It hearkens to the style of a Blue Note cover.

LTMxNDIuanBlZw.jpeg
That’s…insanely generous of you. 😬

A great record. Christian Dior, Symphonies, Friday Mourning, Succession … aceo

I don't dislike the artwork at all. The untucked shirt just made him look like a straight dude from South Boston - a special stretch of land in New England inhabited mainly by the Irish.

Who was that guy that told Morrissey that he looked cross-eyed on Vauxhall and I cover? I wonder what he thought of that...

I'm OK with the slightly constipated cover but never understood why he wore watches on both wrists.

Back
Top Bottom