What happened to Swords?

javert

Super Moderator
Subscriber
Can’t find Swords on Spotify / Apple Music - says not available in your region, which is odd, but thought it would be available in the UK.

Hasn’t been available for a long time, as are all the Quarry-extra tracks.
*and neither have any of the Quarry extra tracks.

Ah 'Swords' - we had a Guinness there once.

The album was good.

The last of that long line of portmanteau collections begun SO honourably with HFOH.

We will never see their likes again, I'm afraid.

It's strange that so much of his material isn't globally available on Spotify. World Peace is of course the most obvious example.
The physical releases exclude "The Slum Mums" which is crying shame, imho.
And "The Public Image" and "I'm Just Playing Easy to Get".

It's strange that so much of his material isn't globally available on Spotify. World Peace is of course the most obvious example.

I’m Playing Easy to Get is an altogether unreleased track, though? So not a b-side. Noise is the Best Revenge, on the other hand, and I am Two People. And Mexico.

The only thing which spoils Swords, for me, is Drive-In Saturday. Apart from that single blemish, the album is superb.

Not heard this version before...seems quite raw in comparison to the more familiar version:

Edit: Seems, according to PJLM, this is:

"2002 studio outtake {2:51}
Cherokee studio outtake leaked on the internet in 2009. Source: an industry in-house cd-r."

Last edited by a moderator:
Not heard this version before...seems quite raw in comparison to the more familiar version:

Edit: Seems, according to PJLM, this is:

"2002 studio outtake {2:51}
Cherokee studio outtake leaked on the internet in 2009. Source: an industry in-house cd-r."

It's from the 2002 Cherokee Studio sessions industry CD-R (nothing relating to reference CDs) that pre-dates Quarry.
Several leaked 1st here.
It has been in the downloads & NHS collection for years.
Regards,
FWD

It's from the 2002 Cherokee Studio sessions industry CD-R (nothing relating to reference CDs) that pre-dates Quarry.
Several leaked 1st here.
It has been in the downloads & NHS collection for years.
Regards,
FWD
Do you have access to a list of Morrissey studio sessions? A list has been forum-posted, The Smiths’ studio sessions regarding to do with, as far as I know.

I’m Playing Easy to Get is an altogether unreleased track, though? So not a b-side. Noise is the Best Revenge, on the other hand, and I am Two People. And Mexico.
I am Two People, and Mexico are both on the 2nd CD of the deluxe version of You Are The Quarry - https://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/store/products/you-are-the-quarry-deluxe-edition#!

The only thing which spoils Swords, for me, is Drive-In Saturday. Apart from that single blemish, the album is superb.
I love Swords too. It's the one I keep most to hand, and play often : )

Agree but also i think its a shame that so much of the Smiths and Morrissey material is not available on Vinyl....unless your willing to pay extortionate prices on discogs ..I would love Swords, Southpaw etc ,...I could go on, not to mention reissues of The Smiths 12'. Just look at what New Order have been doing for the last number of years...boxsets of vinyl,dvd,cds and 12" single vinyl reissues... really great respectful albeit pricey products but look, sound and feel great...with the amazing asthetic of the Smiths and early Moz Singles it would surely pay off...ok rant over

Ah 'Swords' - we had a Guinness there once.

The album was good.

The last of that long line of portmanteau collections begun SO honourably with HFOH.

We will never see their likes again, I'm afraid.
It was good. The cover was the first taste of the shite that would follow though .

My mate said the title was " Morrissey s words "

I fecking think it's more gay boy stuff .
" Oi lads look at my big sword "

The cover art is awful but I don't mind Swords.
Moz called it a "meek disaster" because it didn't sell well. One of my favourite Mozzer troll moments was when he was put Swords several places above The Queen is Dead in a list of what he was most proud of. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom