What exactly has Moz done to upset Mr Weller

I got the impression it was more Lauren trying to get a critical comment out of him. He just about stopped himself from saying anything bad.

Danny said:
I got the impression it was more Lauren trying to get a critical comment out of him. He just about stopped himself from saying anything bad.
See, that's all I heard too, but apparently there's more to it.

Luren was comparing Weller to other 'legends 'at the fest Morrissey was mentioned and he clearly says ' he's not a f***ing legend'. Then goes on to say there are some pricks here , without naming Moz specifically :eek:

gasmeter said:
Luren was comparing Weller to other 'legends 'at the fest Morrissey was mentioned and he clearly says ' he's not a f***ing legend'. Then goes on to say there are some pricks here , without naming Moz specifically :eek:

She said "Morrissey, Fat Boy Slim"

It was Fat Boy Slim he was saying wasn't a legend. Which is right. He isn't. Then she said "Well he's been around for a while".

gasmeter said:

think he was referring to Fatboy Slim there, to be honest. Weller said something about old pretenders, and she said something like "do oyu mean steven patirck morrissey" to which his reply was something like " no myself". Although I did think the pricks comment was directed at Moz -within the context of the conversation.

agreed joe posted that on the v thread. well its moz after the break

Joe Dolan said:
think he was referring to Fatboy Slim there, to be honest. Weller said something about old pretenders, and she said something like "do oyu mean steven patirck morrissey" to which his reply was something like " no myself". Although I did think the pricks comment was directed at Moz -within the context of the conversation.

I taped this interview and have to agree with Joe above. This is exactly how it came out. However, I was at Staffs on the Saturday and as Weller introduced his last number he said something along the lines of "After this, you can all either go home or go to the free beer tent". Quite childish in my view. (I also hated the way he spat on the stage throughout his performance.)

What exactly has Moz done to upset Mr Weller

Hmmm...couldnt possibly be Morrissey's solo career has buried Mr Wellers, in EVERY SENSE would it? Paul Wellers' a blowhard, and not very good solo.

That is exactly my take on the whole thing. Weller's a bitter old tosser. WTF has Weller done since his hey day? Absolutely nothin'. It's been decades.

She was definitely trying to provoke a reaction from Mr Weller about Moz for some reason - probably because she knew he's said stuff about him in the past.

C4's coverage was disgraceful but in the end I was quite simply ecstatic at the two songs they did show because it looked like an awesome gig. He was really in a good mood wasn't he? HSIN was stunning and the boys looked great. I'm knackered now getting up for work but it was worth it. :)

Think Moz has always been fond of weller's writing (Jam songs anyway) but never been much for the man. I remember Marr saying the reason he got the rest of the Smiths up to Newcastle for the Red wedge gig, was because of the unpleasant way Weller was behaving toward him. Marr wanted his 'gang' round him. So the antipathy probably goes back a long way.

dcn said:
That is exactly my take on the whole thing. Weller's a bitter old tosser. WTF has Weller done since his hey day? Absolutely nothin'. It's been decades.

I totally agree. Weller comes across as being really arrogant, he obviously thinks he's still totally cool, but he just looks like a wanker. And I know it's really petty, but what's up with his hair? He looks like a mum!

gaylord said:
I totally agree. Weller comes across as being really arrogant, he obviously thinks he's still totally cool, but he just looks like a wanker. And I know it's really petty, but what's up with his hair? He looks like a mum!

OH GOD, THAT HAIR IS JUST HIDIOUS!!!! he's sooooo ugIy and disgusting and his personaIity is so repuIsive. HE JUST SUX!!
I HATE HIM!!!

:)

Weller is a complete wanker. And always has been.
Even in the (tremendous) Jam days he was a complete arseole.
As mentioned earlier, he is now an old hasbeen, and NOTHING has happened in his solo career. The only people who buy his music are ex Jam fans because it's Weller, not because it's good, creative and fun music.

Weller is the same as all those other shitty bands on the festival I'm afraid. (Which I painfully endured on the TV for over an hour to see Moz.....)
Weller hates it because Moz can STILL WOW people, and write amazing, different and genuine music.

Notice that Lauren didn't really say that Paul is a legend, (did she...??????)
All the other bands who were commenting on Moz KNOW that he's a legend, as do we.

Paul's bad attitude and total lack of respect for other artists has not done him any favours over the years, and I for one am rapidly going off him.

Face it Paul, MORRISSEY IS MORE OF EVERYTHING THAN YOU!
He's a better writer, singer and performer. He's more loyal to his 'audience', he's more proud of his status, he's a star, and always has been.

Bye bye Paul Weller.......

Danny said:
Wow! That ending to HSIN is new. I wish they'd done that at the Palladium.
Damn! I stayed up to watch Morrissey. I watched ITFWAW and then when he went into HSIN I turned it off. I'm just glad I taped it! :D
What were the changes?

Alright The Youngest, quickly, upload it! :D

Back
Top Bottom