What earphones do you use on your iPods??

Music is my main passion, the equipment it's played is another. I recently bought a Denon DM35 stereo..... it's spectacular.

Would it make you more confortable if I claimed to have been best man at Mike Joyce's wedding?

Oh yes much! Thanks for reassuring me! :p

I'd like to second (actually, third/fourth) the recommendations for Sennheiser. I have used their PX100's for 3 years now and they are excellent. Not ideal for all situations since they do leak sound in and out, but music is fabulous through them, imho. I've heard great things about the Shure earphones too, but man are they pricey! :eek:

For non-iPod players you might want to look into the Cowon company's iAudio line. I've owned their X5 model for a year and a half now and love it. Their players are noted for very wide codec support, top quality sound, and they do NOT lock you into a proprietary format like Apple and Sony try to do. Hooray for independence!

For further reading see www.headfi.org and
http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-application/ipod

*Girl geek signing out now*

Hiya gang.

Anna, no worries about the hijacking mate, I was expecting it :p

Chareth, thanks dude, bloody excellent advice mate.
And Anais Pin, cheers for the advice.

I've ordered me a set of Senheisser CX 300's from fleabay. £18 all in.

Thanks again chaps and she chaps!!!

Hiya gang.

Anna, no worries about the hijacking mate, I was expecting it :p

Chareth, thanks dude, bloody excellent advice mate.
And Anais Pin, cheers for the advice.

I've ordered me a set of Senheisser CX 300's from fleabay. £18 all in.

Thanks again chaps and she chaps!!!

No problem chief.

Just be careful crossing roads and wearing them in public as (because they sit in the opening of your ear canal) they block out much more exterior noise than other earphones.

Also, they come with three size adaptors for your ears, make sure you get a good tight fit in your ear as that's how you get the best bass response (it basically makes your head act like a bass tube..... which is kind of cool).

Try listening to Hidden place by Bjork through them, you'll be stunned.

Have fun.

No problem chief.

Just be careful crossing roads and wearing them in public as (because they sit in the opening of your ear canal) they block out much more exterior noise than other earphones.

Also, they come with three size adaptors for your ears, make sure you get a good tight fit in your ear as that's how you get the best bass response (it basically makes your head act like a bass tube..... which is kind of cool).

Try listening to Hidden place by Bjork through them, you'll be stunned.

Have fun.

:D

Thanks mate. Will try your advice!!!

^^ I got sand in my ones of those. I've been through about three pairs since then :rolleyes:...

Well, after much pissing around with muppets on fleabay, FINALLY got the CX-300's.

And I have to say, they have disapointed me.

Noise cancellation, and bass is good, but sound quality is shit.

Old Sony ones are far better.

So Sony it is then!!!!

Well, after much pissing around with muppets on fleabay, FINALLY got the CX-300's.

And I have to say, they have disapointed me.

Noise cancellation, and bass is good, but sound quality is shit.

Old Sony ones are far better.

So Sony it is then!!!!

That's a shame to hear. I'm in a similar predicament. Have you since bought any other earphones or still sticking with the Sony? I don't mind the quality of the ones which came with my ipod, but I prefer the in ear sort as it blocks out some of the outside noise.

Also on euro ipods I have heard people say that there is a volume limiter, which seems correct as I normally have the volume up to near maximum. It has a default max volume limit which I have changed to full...but doesn't seem to be that high. Not that I am deaf, but would be nice to at least be able to turn the pod up very loud if I so wish.

Is there anyway of getting around this?

Hey Poco.

In the end I stuck with the CX-300.
There are actually really good now I've got used to them.
At first they were (well I thought they were) a bit tinny.

But like I say, once you use them for a while and get used to them, they are really good.

I'd actually highly recomend them now (especially for the price I paid for them, £15!!)

As to your other question, I'm really not sure.

I'll get onto a few of my 'tech' forums, and if they know anything, I'll get back to ya.

That's a shame to hear. I'm in a similar predicament. Have you since bought any other earphones or still sticking with the Sony? I don't mind the quality of the ones which came with my ipod, but I prefer the in ear sort as it blocks out some of the outside noise.

Also on euro ipods I have heard people say that there is a volume limiter, which seems correct as I normally have the volume up to near maximum. It has a default max volume limit which I have changed to full...but doesn't seem to be that high. Not that I am deaf, but would be nice to at least be able to turn the pod up very loud if I so wish.

Is there anyway of getting around this?

Back
Top Bottom