What does everyone think of the new songs?

I've seen many shores
I hugged the land
but nothing more
because I haven't met you

I have whined and
I have dined with
every bogus music mogul
no sign of you

I brush and I roll (?)
pressing palms
excluding charm
yet never in arms

And that's why
home is a question mark
home is a place I don't know
home is a question mark

I have been brave
deep in every shaden day
none with you

another film on replay
this time Hell
with Guillaume Canet
for ?

That's why
home is a question mark
home is a place I don' know
home is a question mark
home is the place I don't know

Home
is it just a word?
Or is it something you
carry within you?

I'm happy just to be here
if I ever find home
if I ever find home
if I ever find home
if I get there would you meet me
wrap your legs around my face
just to greet me
just to greet me

if I ever get there
do you think I will?
do you think I will?
do you think I will?

How many times I'd say (?)

It actually sounds to me like he sings "home is a place I donno" on the second line of the chorus when I think "don't know" would fit better. But he's the songwriter so.....

I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts despite the fact that I haven't heard a single note.
Is anyone else out there trying to hold out until Nov. 17? I know it's odd (and difficult) but I want to take all the songs in at once

I admire your willpower.

I've seen many shores
I hugged the land
but nothing more

I have whined and
I have dined with
every bogus music mogul
no sign of you

I brush and I roll (?)
pressing palms
excluding charm
yet never in arms

And that's why
home is a question mark
home is a question mark

I have been brave
deep in every shaden day
none with you

another film on replay
this time Hell
with Guillaume Canet
for ?

That's why
home is a question mark
home is a place I don' know
home is a question mark
home is the place I don't know

Home
is it just a word?
Or is it something you
carry within you?

I'm happy just to be here
if I ever find home
if I ever find home
if I ever find home
just to greet me
just to greet me

if I ever get there
do you think I will?
do you think I will?
do you think I will?

How many times I'd say (?)

This is so beautiful and sad at the same time.

I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts despite the fact that I haven't heard a single note.
Is anyone else out there trying to hold out until Nov. 17? I know it's odd (and difficult) but I want to take all the songs in at once

Oh! Why??

Firstly as a fan of some decades it is my experience that it's really difficult to gauge the quality of Morrissey's new tracks when first listening to them live. I especially remember hearing Pashernate Love live and thinking it wasn't great and then coming to love it when it came out. I also felt that way when they started playing World Peace at concerts only to come to love it so much on the album version. So with that caveat out of the way, I'm super enjoying ALL the tracks I've heard this time around. Musically there are so many 'nooks and crannies' on each of these tracks with some really great sing-along choruses that once cleaned up on the studio versions means this (for me) has the makings of a truly great album. It feels very much like a continuation of World Peace, so if you loved that album like I did then I think you're gonna like this one. If you hated World Peace I suspect this will feel like more of the same.

All The Young People for me is my fav so far and I think would make a fantastic single and I'm super high on Home is A Question Mark, but I'm pretty much digging everything.

I'm with you, Bops. I think The Telegraph was right when they described these as a cracking set of songs. There is indeed so much to them, musically. It's like a rich and satisfying musical feast after all those years of thin chug rock. I've only properly listened to the single and All the Young People - the latter is the most immediately catchy song I've heard him sing for many years - beyond the catchiness element, it's just great to hear a new rhythm on a Morrissey song. A bit like what Stephen Street was trying to do with the Viva Hate era songs i.e. move on from The Smiths sound with a broader (or at least slightly different) musical palette. And I'm really looking forward to hearing some proper strings - again another similarity with the Street-produced songs. Hopefully, we'll get the first review of the full album within a couple of weeks...

I can understand why. We've heard half the album, albeit 5 of those are only live versions. By the time the album's released I'll be so familiar with those 6 tracks that it will take me a few listen to appreciate the album as a whole rather than new songs vs newer songs. If that makes sense.

Unfortunately I have no will power when it comes to new Morrissey songs.

Why has this comment been trolled 3x - seems like a genuine fan who is disappointed with the current crop of songs.
Get used to it, it happens here a lot. They mistake an honest opinion for harsh criticism if not bullying. Morrissey is a remarkable and magnificent man, but I just can't like this latest album. I am not lying if I say that I was more hopeful. Hopeful for better album than the last one, bu to my disappointment it's simply not. None of the songs performed so far struck me and I don't think the few we haven't heard yet are going to be better what we heard so far. And let's not kid ourselves here, he knows it.

It actually sounds to me like he sings "home is a place I donno" on the second line of the chorus when I think "don't know" would fit better. But he's the songwriter so.....

I hate to be a dick, but 'dunno' is the generally accepted English spelling.

I still haven't listened to the performance. Work and age gets in the way.
Would like to know what you think of the songs, albeit in a live setting?

While I reserve judgment for the studio versions I'm rather excited about this album. I don't think that particular gig was Moz at his peak but the songs themselves promise to be special. This is my first time of pre-ordering a new Morrissey album and all the lead up to that's going on. Wish I would have been on board sooner.

Reckon one day Malibu Steve will be able to do what he dreams of and release his covers of songs by the Beach Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers and making his dream project of digitally remastering all of Nancy's songs come true. Foreigners love the Beach Boys and RHCP. He still could get foreign people's money without a tour just like he is now.

Reckon one day Malibu Steve will be able to do what he dreams of and release his covers of songs by the Beach Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers and making his dream project of digitally remastering all of Nancy's songs come true. Foreigners love the Beach Boys and RHCP. He still could get foreign people's money without a tour just like he is now.

But Malibu Steve (nice one Aztec), has his own label now and it's called Etienne.
Now why did no one of the interns, Jeremy or Kylie informed you about that?
I know it is a foreign word and something from Yerope but it has some significance.
Did you figure out yet what it could mean or are you even too lazy for that to consider?

Firstly as a fan of some decades it is my experience that it's really difficult to gauge the quality of Morrissey's new tracks when first listening to them live. I especially remember hearing Pashernate Love live and thinking it wasn't great and then coming to love it when it came out. I also felt that way when they started playing World Peace at concerts only to come to love it so much on the album version. So with that caveat out of the way, I'm super enjoying ALL the tracks I've heard this time around. Musically there are so many 'nooks and crannies' on each of these tracks with some really great sing-along choruses that once cleaned up on the studio versions means this (for me) has the makings of a truly great album. It feels very much like a continuation of World Peace, so if you loved that album like I did then I think you're gonna like this one. If you hated World Peace I suspect this will feel like more of the same.

All The Young People for me is my fav so far and I think would make a fantastic single and I'm super high on Home is A Question Mark, but I'm pretty much digging everything.

World peace was the worst Morrissey album ever

I've seen many shores
I hugged the land
but nothing more

I have whined and
I have dined with
every bogus music mogul
no sign of you

I brush and I roll (?)
pressing palms...

I think these are the correct lyrics. Hope I heard and transcribed correctly:

Home is a question mark

I’ve seen many shores
I hugged the land
but nothing more
because I haven’t met you

I have wined and
I've dined with
every bogus music mogul
no sign of you

I brush and I rub
pressing palms
excluding charms
yet never in arms

and that’s why
home is a question mark
home is some place I dunno
home is a question mark

I have been brave
deep in every shaven day
none with you

another film on replay
this time Hell
with Guillaume Canet
for wingless me

that’s why
home is a question mark
home is a question mark

home
is it a just word?
or is it something you
carry within you?
I’m happy just to be here
If I ever find home
If I ever find home
If I ever find home
If I get there, would you meet me?
just to greet me
If I ever get there,
would you meet me?
just to greet me
If I ever get there
do you really think I will?
how many times I’ve saved myself…

These songs mean the world to me, I listened to Spent the Day in Bed until my media player got wow/flutter problems like an old cassette player. I often feel completely empty, almost too tired to lift one eyelid, so that song came in the right moment. Just Morrissey singing to me that I should be good to myself helps me more in life than 6 months of therapy. I Wish You Lonely makes me shiver, it's the screeching creepiness of Jack The Ripper combined with the cutting softness of Lifeguard Sleeping Girl Drowning, not many people understand true loneliness but Moz does. So I'm counting the days until the album comes out. It'll keep me warm during the cold winter months to come.

If Morrissey's so lonely, why does want all the foreigners to leave?

Back
Top Bottom