What do you want on your pizza?

realitybites

making lemonade
Me...

Thin to medium crust... lots of marinara sauce, extra provolone cheese, mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, green peppers, and sweet onions.

Kind of like this...

pizza-veggie.jpg

What about you?

Tha variation of pizzas around the world is incredible. In the UK it is more or less impossible to find one without salami which is like killing a pizza. American pizzas are way too thick and I would suspect they vary a lot in various parts of the country. I don't know if anyone outside of Italy are really eating what they would describe as a pizza.

In Sweden the most popular is the kebab pizza with kebab on it and I like that with loads of sallad on as well. I avoid ham on it as ham is a killer for the sensitivie pancreas that I am very likely to die from anyway which is no surprise as most food is full of things that causes cancer to that poor little organ.

Best pizza I ever had was in Milan - thinly sliced aubergine and asparagus. Oddest, but tastiest was in Cork, Ireland - a potato pizza. Favourite at the moment would be mushrooms, peppers, garlic and chilli.

P.

I usually go cheese, I have the pizza taste buds of a kindergartner. But when I'm feeling adventurous, I like artichoke hearts, black olives, onions and feta. Greek style. I think it has pesto instead of marinara too. Delish. :yum: That first one looks good too.

Best pizza I ever had was in Milan - thinly sliced aubergine and asparagus. Oddest, but tastiest was in Cork, Ireland - a potato pizza. Favourite at the moment would be mushrooms, peppers, garlic and chilli.

P.

The best pizza I've ever had was in NYC. A simple cheese and tomato slice. The memory still makes me teary-eyed, and it was 12 years ago. Any pizza I've had since then turned out to be a disappointment.

Mind you, I still have to try pizzas in Italy. Or in Belgium...

I'm partial to barbecue sauce. Kill me.

I get to have anchovies on pizza so rarely because no one else seems to like them but me.
I think I'd get an anchovy pizza with cheese, onions, maybe some mushrooms, and some jalapenos (or just put some Sriracha on it for heat). Diced tomatoes on top might be good.

I think I'd really enjoy that.

Anchovies and olives.
Or, mushroom, onion, and green pepper.
Or, straight up pepperoni.

Only one of those is vegetarian, and none of them are vegan. But that's okay. I've never been checked in at a hospital and Morrissey is once again......

Last edited:
Stuffed crust, garlic butter on crust
Pepperoni, spicy Italian sausage, ground beef, onion, black olives, mushrooms, tomato, green pepper

Sausage, hot peppers and broccoli rabe

Anchovies and olives.
Or, mushroom, onion, and green pepper.
Or, straight up pepperoni.

Only one of those is vegetarian, and none of them are vegan. But that's okay. I've never been checked in at a hospital and Morrissey is once again......

Well, to be totally frank, no pizza is vegan. Certainly no real pizza, anyway. Specifically because real (meaning "not shitty") dough isn't vegan. I'd rather eat a vegan salad than most "purely" vegan substitutes for non-vegan foods (eggs, cheese, milk, etc.).

Anywho, free pizza is always the best pizza. I wish I lived closer to the Pizza Hut dumpster.

Last edited:
Well, to be totally frank, no pizza is vegan. Certainly no real pizza, anyway. Specifically because real (meaning "not shitty") dough isn't vegan. I'd rather eat a vegan salad than most "purely" vegan substitutes for non-vegan foods (eggs, cheese, milk, etc.).

Anywho, free pizza is always the best pizza. I wish I lived closer to the Pizza Hut dumpster.

:lbf:

Love their deep dish Veggie Lovers pizza.

Pizza was almost* tops on my list to have when I got back to the States in December :yum:
I settled for one covered in cow and pig parts :rolleyes:
that 1st time, because thats what everyone else wanted :straightface:
but then up in Washington, my brother and I shared one with with anchovies, mushrooms and garlic and it was divine :love:

*="American" Mexican food always tops my craving list when I spend any lengthy time abroad :eek:

Last edited:
Well, to be totally frank, no pizza is vegan. Certainly no real pizza, anyway. Specifically because real (meaning "not shitty") dough isn't vegan.

I don't know. I used to get vegan pizza at whole foods because it tasted better than the regular pizza. The cheese was delightfully gooey and the crust was the perfect combination of soft and crispy. Other than that specific deli though, I suppose you're right.

Deep pan crust, extra cheese, pepperoni and beef, please. On most days. Though there is also taleggio, salsiccia, potatoes and mushrooms to consider.

Back
Top Bottom