What do you want Morrissey to focus on in 2013?

What would like Morrissey to focus on in 2013?

• Total voters
A Studio/Live Album....
Cheers Moz

Tell Jesse Tobias to hit the road.

Just end the mistake and get a new guitarist/songwriter who actually enhances Moz instead of a guy who sonically abuses his music and can't write a decent tune to save his life.

Move on from the worst mistake in Morrissey's career.

Just GO Jesse and NEVER come back.

Voted for the 4th option but with "add to the current lineup" in mind rather than ditching members.
Open the song submissions up to more collaborators. That may be a difficult proposition as they'd probably want to play their own compositions on the album (see what happened with Alain) but I think if Morrissey officially announced the next album as his last and "may the best demos win" we'd see a marked leap in musical quality.
And I still think a return to the Street production of the late 80s, with the gravitas of Morrissey 2013, would be excellent.

I'm with you on this one i.e. add to the current line up. The very best Boz and Jesse songs deserve a place, but an album without anyone else contributing is not an appealing prospect (unless Boz rediscovered his Jack The Ripper/Now My Heart Is Full/More You Ignore Me form).
I don't think Street's production would make a huge difference - it's his songwriting which is needed the most.
It's odd that the least preferred option is to continue the current nostalgia-based tour, although 2013 would be its third year so perhaps not so surprising.

Streety would be able to throw his own songs into the ring, too!

I'm really curious to see how it all plays out. We all are.

I'm with you on this one i.e. add to the current line up. The very best Boz and Jesse songs deserve a place, but an album without anyone else contributing is not an appealing prospect (unless Boz rediscovered his Jack The Ripper/Now My Heart Is Full/More You Ignore Me form).
I don't think Street's production would make a huge difference - it's his songwriting which is needed the most.
It's odd that the least preferred option is to continue the current nostalgia-based tour, although 2013 would be its third year so perhaps not so surprising.

Do a jetlagged interview on Hugo Chavez's TV show, denouncing royalty, Obama and renewable energy. I'd like to see him do I'm a Celebrity too or Celebrity Come Dine With Me. With Vic Reeves, Kathy Burke and Chris Eubank

Dont be silly! no amount of money could ever be paid 2 morrissey for all he has kindly gave us!
What he has done 4 us is absolutely priceless !!!

But I voted for "other" as the option I wanted isnt there!!!

Id like morrissey 2 still tour in 2013 - but ONLY tour in uk! (sorry I know thats a bit greedy but hes toured the USA 4 long enough now! we want morrissey back in the UK!)

Well, that's all fine and dandy but there are more places in the world than the UK and US. I'm from Australia, ever consider us? Apart from his most recent tour, he hasn't been here for over ten years. And quite frankly (Mr. Shankly) I would like to see him return at some stage in the not-too-distant future.

If an album is remotely in the cards, a call to Alain Whyte would not be remiss.

It's probably a bit late in January to contact Mystic Meg, but I really see 2014 as being the crunch year for Morrissey. 2013 will continue to see the tour in the US continue. He'll most likely get to do a few major festivals around the world somewhere. Perhaps a small UK tour at the end of 2013. Morrissey is often at his busiest in December. If the auto-bio gets an release in the last quarter of the year, then surely he'll get do do a few more interviews, TV appearances and maybe attract some record label interest.

If there is no new record forthcoming, and the auto-bio gets further delayed then 2014 could be a quiet year for Morrissey. The tours could continue, but the numbers attending will become smaller. The band will rest with each member going back to doing other work. With no record contract and no tours I think Boz will concentrate on his own work and may possible decide to take a very long break with Morrissey. The man has played 801 gigs with Morrissey and I'm sure he must be getting tired of the travelling.

Back
Top Bottom