What do you think of the new singles by Oasis, Kaiser Chief, Keane, Killers, etc?

Maurice E

My thoughts;
Oasis; dreary, feeble. One of their worst lead-off singles I can remember. I'm not a big fan but I like a few of their songs. Expect it'll still make number 1.
Kaiser Chief. 'Kids on the Street'. Pleasantly surprised by this. Quite liked their first album but not impressed by the singles off Yours Truly so didn't buy.
Keane; Spiralling is a bit horrible. Credit for trying something different perhaps but that 80's synth sound is ghastly. They've another new single (Lovers are losing) out too which I've heard once which actually sounded pretty good.
Wonder how 'Around Paris' would've fared if released in Sept as planned...

I haven't really heard any of the singles and to speak the truth I even don't want to. I find each one of the bands listed above so very, very dull. I just wish that "Paris" would have been released already. It may not have charted very well alongside such massive (for some unknown reason) bands like Oasis, but at least we would have something interesting happening in the music scene.

EDIT: Okay, I listened to Keane-song Spiralling and can't quite find the words to describe it. :D

All poor. The Kaiser Chiefs one is particularly bad - they've run out of ideas and try to sound like the Dead Kennedys.

Peter

P.S I thought "Ashes To Ashes" had already been released years ago?

Last edited:
My thoughts;
Oasis; dreary, feeble. One of their worst lead-off singles I can remember. I'm not a big fan but I like a few of their songs. Expect it'll still make number 1.
Kaiser Chief. 'Kids on the Street'. Pleasantly surprised by this. Quite liked their first album but not impressed by the singles off Yours Truly so didn't buy.
Keane; Spiralling is a bit horrible. Credit for trying something different perhaps but that 80's synth sound is ghastly. They've another new single (Lovers are losing) out too which I've heard once which actually sounded pretty good.
Wonder how 'Around Paris' would've fared if released in Sept as planned...
I heard the first two of them once on a radio. Verdict:
Oasis: I didn't like it
kaiser Chief: the same
Keane: a little bit unnerving. The beginning is stupid, with that attempt to sound cheerful. Lovers are losing is good, yeah. But I have heard another song from Keane, where they copy a David Bowie song, and that was ridiculous! Prepare to have a good laugh...:D
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=HmOlLvqtPgc

I thought the Kaiser Chiefs single was called "Never Miss A Beat"? I don't mind it, I'll probably give the new album a listen.

I thought the Kaiser Chiefs single was called "Never Miss A Beat"? I don't mind it, I'll probably give the new album a listen.

That's the one I've heard and really like. Funny you should post about it, prue, as the song reminds me a bit of Franz. :)

I do like the new Oasis single, The Shock of Lightning, it reminds me of something else of theirs...maybe it's just formulaic Oasis ;) But who I'm listening a lot to lately is My Morning Jacket's new CD. The title track Evil Urges is great. :cool: :guitar:

That's the one I've heard and really like. Funny you should post about it, prue, as the song reminds me a bit of Franz. :)

I do like the new Oasis single, The Shock of Lightning, it reminds me of something else of theirs...maybe it's just formulaic Oasis ;) But who I'm listening a lot to lately is My Morning Jacket's new CD. The title track Evil Urges is great. :cool: :guitar:

My Morning Jacket is a nice band. Evil Urges was something of a shock when my friend played it for me the first time. Doesn't fit very well with the rest of the album. :D

My Morning Jacket is a nice band. Evil Urges was something of a shock when my friend played it for me the first time. Doesn't fit very well with the rest of the album. :D

I know it's very un-MMJ-like, reminds me a bit of Scissor Sisters :eek: of all things! :p Evil Urges is good, but "Z" was a masterpiece -hard to repeat ;)

I know it's very un-MMJ-like, reminds me a bit of Scissor Sisters :eek: of all things! :p Evil Urges is good, but "Z" was a masterpiece -hard to repeat ;)

Actually the song I tought that was strange is named Highly Suspicious (now this is an odd song), not Evil Urges. Don't blame me, I don't own the album. :D

This a rather new band for me so I have no clue about their former recordings. Maybe I'll do a little research on the band.

Actually the song I tought that was strange is named Highly Suspicious (now this is an odd song), not Evil Urges. Don't blame me, I don't own the album. :D

This a rather new band for me so I have no clue about their former recordings. Maybe I'll do a little research on the band.

Yes, more SS sounding stuff ;) esp compared to their "Off the Record" song off Z. Have you heard "I'm Amazed"? (off Evil Urges). Half the time, I hear the "southern rock" sound they're onto and the other half...is just very different stuff! I'm amazed. :D

Yes, more SS sounding stuff ;) esp compared to their "Off the Record" song off Z. Have you heard "I'm Amazed"? (off Evil Urges). Half the time, I hear the "southern rock" sound they're onto and the other half...is just very different stuff! I'm amazed. :D

Yeah, I've heard it. It's okay, but the so called "Southern Rock"-element doesn't do much for me. I've checked youtube for their older stuff and it's quite different for what you could expect from the latest album.

Not much, the Oasis single is just something i hear on the radio and nothing more..passes me by.
Come back The Doves i say!
The Keane single is just dreadful.
Kaiser Chiefs is what I'd expect to be honest...pretty generic.

And the Savoy song?:D

Well, everything that sounds like Franz has to be good! :D But yeah, I enjoyed it, this album will hopefully be good.

Back
Top Bottom