What do you think of the new singles by Oasis, Kaiser Chief, Keane, Killers, etc?

Kings of Leon anyone? They rocked it on SNL last night.

Sex on Fire

New CD "Only by the Night" out this week :guitar: I will be purchasing. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, whatever the merits of these various songs surely none is as bad as the single from Snow Patrol (Take back a city). Flipping dreadful.
What a truly awful band. That nauseating song they had out last year (If we just lay here) seems to have replaced 'Lady in Red' as the default first dance at weddings!
Saw an interview with the Manic Street Preachers not long ago (not really a fan). I'm paraphrasing a bit but I think they were asked something like how worried they'd be if their children got into Class A drugs. "Not as worried as if they got into Snow Patrol!"

Disappointing although I've only heard it from a distance, truly awful (Kaiser Chiefs breaking Stereophonics record of going from best to worst in three albums) & I actually quite like the new Keane single.
Speaking of Keane, is Under The Iron Sea any good?

I heard Oasis' Dig out your soul and I think it's different from what they've done so far. It seems to me that they intended to attract the american audience. I don't think it's as good as ...Morning glory but it's good compared to what's out there today. I'm waiting to see if the second single will be I'm Outta Time, it's my favourite tune of the album.
I'm not really into KC, I think they're one of those "party bands" and my ears get bored with Keane so no comments on their latest singles/albums. The Killers is not an british band, even if there's an intense fake british accent there... :p They're an ok band, their first record was good but now I think they're listenable. Has anybody here heard Tranquilize with Lou Reed? It's an interesting tune, it has a different melody (of course with the help of Lou Reed :rolleyes:).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard the new Killers single today. It is called "Human". Now, I love the Killers. They are a real 80's throwback and I love both "Hot Fuss" and "Sam's Town". I am just not sure about the new single. I guess I will have to listen to it a few more times to decide if I like it or not.

Disappointing although I've only heard it from a distance, truly awful (Kaiser Chiefs breaking Stereophonics record of going from best to worst in three albums) & I actually quite like the new Keane single.
Speaking of Keane, is Under The Iron Sea any good?

I was really disappointed by 'Under the Iron Sea'. Only liked two songs on it whereas the first album had about 6 or 7 great songs.
The b-side of the first single 'Used to be a lovely boy' (hmm, what does that remind you of!) was good though.

Back
Top Bottom