What do you think of the 2009 setlist?

What do you think of the 2009 setlist?

• Total voters
Re: What do you think of the 2008 setlist?

of course this should've said 2009 setlist!
can a mod change?
I'm recently back from two weeks' holiday; maybe I needed longer?

Of course, there are tons of things he's not playing that I'd love to see (Spring-Heeled Jim, A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours, Jack the Ripper, The Last of the Famous International Playboys . . . ) but I think it's a really great setlist overall and I'm looking forward to hearing everything on it, especially The Loop, Death of a Disco Dancer and I'm OK By Myself.

Too similar to last year's setlist.

yeah, I agree. half the fun of a new Moz tour is hearing which gems he's unearthed from the distant past. it just seems like a continuation of last year's tour with a few new songs thrown in for good measure (+ TCM and Hidden).
would have gone to 3 or 4 London dates but will stick to just 1 or 2 now unless the setlist improves...

yeah, I agree. half the fun of a new Moz tour is hearing which gems he's unearthed from the distant past. it just seems like a continuation of last year's tour with a few new songs thrown in for good measure (+ TCM and Hidden).
would have gone to 3 or 4 London dates but will stick to just 1 or 2 now unless the setlist improves...

Same here.
Going to Royal Albert Hall, the 50th in Manchester, then one at Brixton - but will sell tickets if he disappoints at RAH :-(

I agree with it being similar to last years setlist. Which, I guess, it's all in the eyes of the beholder. Someone who has never seen Moz until this year may think the setlist is incredible, but those of us who have seen him multiple times in the past few years since he's had the similar setlist, it is a bit of a bore.

I do appreciate "death of a disco dancer", "Ask", "I Keep Mine Hidden", "Seasick" and "Why don't you find out for yourself." I just wish he would've replaced the Quarry songs (How can Anyone Possibly know how I feel....really?) with another V&I, SG or YA track.

This Charming Man/Billy Budd/Black Cloud/How Soon Is Now?/Let Me Kiss You/
Irish Blood, English Heart/That's How People Grow Up/I'm Throwing My Arms
Around Paris/Ask/How Can Anbody know How I Feel/The World Is Full of
Crashing Bores/The Loop/Death of a Disco Dancer/Seasick, Yet Still Docked/
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?/Best Friend on the Payroll/Sorry Doesn't Help/I Keep Mine Hidden/ Something is Squeezing My Skull/I'm OK By Myself/
First of the Gang To Die (Encore)...in that order, more or less.

Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?/Best Friend on the Payroll/Sorry Doesn't Help/I Keep Mine Hidden/ Something is Squeezing My Skull/I'm OK By Myself/

Lovely thanks never heard payroll or hidden before]

Just playing The Loop & Disco Dancer makes this a fantastic setlist!! Having that said...the new album is great so no complaints on hearing the new material live...I think there is a great mix of majority of albums...I wish he would complete the Strangeways album though...maybe play "I Started Something..." instead of "How Soon Is Now?"

If I was going to one of those gigs, I'd be slightly disappointed at the song choice... I'd be very glad to see This Charming Man, Black Cloud, How Soon Is Now? (but not so early on), As, The Loop, Seasick, I Keep Mine Hidden and I Keep Mine Hidden, but the rest seems a bit, blah. He's been playing Death of a Disco Dancer for a while. Something is Squeezing my Skull would be good too. His setlists might be getting slightly predictable... apart from I Keep Mine Hidden-would be very happy about that!

I think it's a great/balanced setlist. Much better than the one I saw on the Ringleader tour to be honest (although I loved that as well :p)

I'd love to hear Carol though...I think it would be a blast!

I could have sworn he sung "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell" and "Its Not
Your Birthday Anymore" in Washington D.C. People were handing out stickers
with the "Refusal" album cover outside the show.

I think Morrissey does himself a disservice with setlists like this.

The one show I've seen so far just sputtered along during those songs that made it feel like a bit like a big tantrum. We got into a big conversation afterwards about whether Morrissey is exercising bad judgement or whether he's being willfully perverse.

The man has a back catalogue to die for; he could knock 'em dead with just few different choices. Maybe I've seen him too many times...

*sigh*

It feels a lot like he's doing "Greatest Hits, Pt. 2." For those of us who saw those concerts, the new lists aren't very different at all. Six of the YoR songs were in the GH setlists, so in order for things to feel new, he would have to sing all of the remaining six YoR songs. It would be great if he added "My Dearest Love," it's just fantastic and I love it. And he could dig out five or six backlist songs he hasn't done in the post-Quarry years. I'm really looking forward to hearing Seasick, for instance. I love HSIN, and I think it might possibly be the best pop song ever, but if you offered me a choice, I'd say he should sing something I haven't heard him sing eleven times already.

I'm also interested to see whether he adds in any new covers.

But really, whatever he wants to sing is ok with me. When he's really happy with the setlist, it shows... and catches.

Tags
emma bores emma rules!
Back
Top Bottom