What do you think of 'Spent the day in bed'?

What do you think of 'Spent the day in bed'?

• Total voters
I think it's a good song, with some creative lyrics. I voted 3 just because I dislike the laser-y sound effects and the slick overproduced quality.

4. Really good Morrissey song, deserves to be a single.

Four. It was a good single as it was catchy and almost instantly memorable. My wife who is not a big music person had it in her head after one or two listens

I think it's a very amusing well-crafted song with catchy vocals. I did not like the laser sounds a first, but now I am ok with them. I have listened to Spent he day in bed well over 200 times now. And I just can't tire of it.

probably not the best song on the record, and that's what I'm looking forward to. Though that verse is a earworm, lovely.

Wasn't sure at first.It has grown on me a little.
The production is good.
Not sure how it would sound live.
Still after all this time we can't expect miracles.
Or can we?

it's a great song. what drew me in first was its structure or melody, kind of repetitive but also moving forward on different side tracks. it's already inspiring people as all the unofficial videos on youtube prove

I hate to admit it, but it's really grown on me. I can't stop listening to it. My two year old son has even started saying "no bus, no bus, no wain no frain"

It's not my cup of tea so I'm gonna say No 1 (sorry)

I do hope the rest of the album is a lot better but I honestly think it's going to be a big ask given the fact that he continues to persevere with session musicians rather than proven writers.

November will be the judge.

#Home is a Swiss bank account

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I noticed from all the speculated title songs, the one that didn't make it on the album, nor as single, was " Can't Remember What I Was Trying To Forget". Apparently for obvious reasons as the title gives it away.
One of the most Morrisseyesque song titles ever and so funny, the song doesn't even have to be sung, to exist. :squiffy:

Stop (stop!) watching the news, because the news contrives to frighten you ... I can't get it out of my head, I don't like the song that much tho

It's pleasant enough but I haven't listened to it more than four times and don't feel any strong compulsion to recollect the melody. No earworm for me, alas.

I love it. But the verse "Pillows like pillars" will be forever linked in my mind with "Pernilla's pillows". Thanks Urbanus, that's not nice.

I really like it,his voice is great in the chorus,im trying not to listen to it that much as I will be sick of it by the time the album comes out.
I think the public are finally getting sick of the crap in music these days and they are prepared to listen to well written and well produced songs again.

All the pieces of fluff like airport security,Italian policemen,disapproval of the film etc seems so irrelevant now we are getting to the real stuff that counts, the music.Long may it stay that way.

3. Ave. Wow, didn't expect that many 4s from what I've been reading lately! :astonished:

Back
Top Bottom