What do you think of Morrissey getting his band to wear sloganed t-shirts?

What do you think of Morrissey getting his band to wear sloganed t-shirts?

• Total voters
Once again, we have proof that either Morrissey or someone very close to him visits this site. He obviously knows about this thread and is reacting accordingly. Moz you are a devil :rolleyes:

You shouldn't. You only need to worry about me when I go to the swimming pool. My large penis causes me to sink to the bottom immediately, and the lifeguards are always to intimidated by it to rescue me. Luckily my enormous balls act as a counter-weight so I tend to rise back to the top before asphyxiation takes place.

Thats the first time I've heard it called "asphyxiation"

Once again, we have proof that either Morrissey or someone very close to him visits this site. He obviously knows about this thread and is reacting accordingly. Moz you are a devil :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

If we keep going, perhaps we can get the band into some dog collars and harnesses. :thumb:

Last edited:
i feel so, so, so, so sorry for that band.

bandindragcordoba.jpg

tumblr_lj9qtod23D1qe5iak.gif

Oh dear - I've just read that one of the latest t-shirts simply reads 'NME is shit'.
It's just so completely witless and unfunny.
If he is to insist on the t-shirt slogans, surely he can do better than that?

Oh dear - I've just read that one of the latest t-shirts simply reads 'NME is shit'.

It's like listening to someone tell the same joke 42 times...it's funny at first, but then it gets old.

It's like listening to someone tell the same joke 42 times...it's funny at first, but then it gets old.

This reminds me of a funny joke I know. :D

So one day at the prison three old-timers are sitting around telling jokes in the yard when one of the new inmates pulls up a chair and joins them. An old timer says, "Seventeen."

"Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha!!!!!" scream the others.

Another says, "Wait, wait...twenty-four." There's a pause then

"BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!" the others go wild with laughter.

Not able to figure out what the hell is happening the new inmate inquires and the oldest old-timer explains, "Well, we've been in this joint for so long and have heard these jokes so many times that we've just decided to number them."

With a look of misschief on his face the new inmate nods and proceeds, "Okay guys. How about this? Twelve."

After an awkward silence the other inmates looks at each other, eyes rolling, shaking their head in disapproval. "What?!!??" exclaims the new guy.

An old timer says "It just goes to show. Not everyone knows how to tell a joke."

Ba dum CHA! Whoooo, Solo RAWKS!!!! Thanks for coming out. :D

The shirts... I generally like the look of a unified gang with Morrissey as the front man (and Boz as the occasional "wife") but he should give them a night off here and there to wear whatever they like. I guess that still happens sometimes. As someone said recently, there's no way Alain would've worn a bra or, posed naked for that single etc.

The overly simplistic slogans...A few years ago Morrissey spoke about needing to be more blunt to get attention in today's world. Would a clever, more visually inventive slogan please true fans? Absolutely. Would it get into the press like "William and Kate are shit" (which links to his Royals rants) etc.? Not nearly as much.

Morrissey is happy with his fanbase, that much I'm certain of, but he's at odds with the media at large so he plays the controversy game, very very bluntly.
He's chosen to work with a biro instead of a fine-haired paintbrush. I'm OK with that.

Having said that, the bluntness/bawdiness et al was always there even in the earliest days. But there were many layers of poetry and references on top of it. Many people miss those layers. I say we still have those layers and now we have Moz "unplugged". I Can Have Both.

Last edited:
I don't like it. Every time I see them wearing a matching t-shirt (or whatever else Morrissey has them wear), I can't help but think back to my eight gruelling years working in retail and being forced to wear a degrading uniform.

I have no problem with Morrissey's band wearing whatever they want (or are told to wear)

I have no problem with Morrissey being controversial or provocative

I have no problem with him saying things that some people are offended by

That said I do not agree with him on this one. Argentina's claim seems to be based on proximity and why should that matter? People have moved all over the earth since time immemorial laying claim to territories and living there. Argentina just wants the oil. Historically I think their claim is weak.

I also do not appreciate the modern sport of brit-bashing (although TBF this isn't something M is usually guilty of); mainly it upsets me because I remember all the Brit soldiers who suffered, died and fought bravely to defend these islands.

Makes one long for the days of "TWO LIGHT ALES PLEASE".

They just look a bit daft. I normally agree with the message but I'd rather Morrissey just vocalised it during the gig instead.

Back
Top Bottom