What do you think of Knockabout World?

What do you think of Knockabout World?

• Total voters
It's the lamest thing he's done in years. It's the audio equivalent to a 60 year old dressing up in vintage thrift store crap to go to an "80's
theme party" at a work conference where the most exciting thing to happen is Bob from accounting showed up dressed like Don Johnson from Miami Vice and fingered Doug's wife in the bathroom over a bump of really bad coke while the Pretty in Pink soundtrack is playing in the other room.

It's hilariously bad and reeks of desperation.

Love it! But I want to hear an angrier version. If I was Morrissey, I'd be f***ing screaming those lyrics.

tell me why other than starting off with 2 congratulations !

It’s a tuneless, middling piece of shit that sounds like “Action Is My Middle Name” with Down syndrome.

I like the way the chorus oscillates and its warm tones. I feel like he hasn’t done something with such a warm sound In a while. The songs slight but that just helps convey the laid back sighing perspective of the song. Maybe my least fav of the three so far but I enjoy all of the songs so far. I think it’ll make a good album track judging by its placement on the album. It does sound like classic morrissey which might have been a good idea considering how new the other two songs sound

It's funny, both Southpaw and Action Is My Middle Name are very high on my list of all-time favourite Moz songs and I don't hear either of those in this one.
I don't dislike Knockabout World but in my opinion it's the weakest of the three songs released so far.
I do like his mellow tone though, in a way it's a more dignified way of dealing with the haters than another fuming, melodramatic diss track a la Sorrow Will Come In The End.

If a song with this kind of hideous electro-pop/schmaltz-strings template had been released in 1985 and sung by Frankie Goes to Hollywood (and musically, at least, it could've been), the young Morrissey would have eviscerated it. And rightly so.

If a song with this kind of hideous electro-pop/schmaltz-strings template had been released in 1985 and sung by Frankie Goes to Hollywood (and musically, at least, it could've been), the young Morrissey would have eviscerated it. And rightly so.

One feels that one is listening wrong.

Does one understand the context of the song?

Back
Top Bottom