What do you make of Moz’s U.S. tour / East Coast postponements & cancellations?

What do you make of Moz’s U.S. tour / East Coast postponements & cancellations?

• Moz is faking it because he won’t play shows that don’t turn a profit (better to issue refunds)…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
MyArse.jpg

Having travelled to the USA from the UK for 6 gigs and saw 1 and a bit gigs, I can only say he is ill. If not, why play only 7 songs at Boston and then 1 gig 6 days later in Vienna?

He'd just canecel the lot if he couldn't be bothered.
We need more positive posts here, not negative, hence my refusal to vote.

Jukebox Jury

I view this as nothing more than a bad break for him. I believe he was looking forward to these shows and then he was dealt with this setback.

Some have conspired that Morrissey won't play in a venue unless it is sold out, but I remember on the US Quarry tour, he chose to play some very small venues, and to very small but enthusiastic crowds that really enjoyed the show.

I believe the man gets more joy singing to fifty people who want to hear him rather than 30,000 who are more interested in fiddling around with their cellphones.

I believe the man gets more joy singing to fifty people who want to hear him rather than 30,000 who are more interested in fiddling around with their cellphones.

Absolutely - very well said.

I travelled from the UK to New York for the MSG show and was totally gutted(and 2 grand out of pocket). But at the end of the day you pay your money and take your chance.You can't legislate for illness.The negative posts don't improve the situation.It would be reasonable to assume that people who post on this site are fans so why do some of them choose to think that there is some kind of sinister conspiracy theory.The guy has toured his arse off since March 2006 illness free. If money was his driving force the ticket sales theory doesn't hold as I believe the promoter still has to stump up some of the fee regardless.I realize poeple are annoyed and angry(none more so than me last week)but can the man not get ill now.

I travelled from the UK to New York for the MSG show and was totally gutted(and 2 grand out of pocket)..

2 grand? Did you fly business class?
My flight cost £306 from Liverpool to JFK.
Either way, I share your disappointment:(

Jukebox Jury

esperanza + Jukebox Jury

I hope you get to see him in Boston and that the rest of the dates go well.

My heart goes out to you
So I offered love and it was not required...

truly sick, AND i'd rather have o'riordan opening instead of kristeen young.

hell i'd rather moz picked any random subway busker to open rather than kristeen young... not a fan

I didn't even bother to vote in this ridiculous poll. The amount of money these performers owe venues if they do not play is incredible. Not only are the venues liable for the total loss in ticket revenue and concessions, but the performers are obligated to help the recover losses. To think that someone would just fake an illness for weeks on end and rack up an incredible amount of debt owed to the venues is just stupid.

Not taking part in the poll, because I think it's very mean spirited ("His ego is bruised and money notwithstanding he won’t play to half sold-out venues" - please - get a grip on reality! People get sick! And guess what, they don't do it on purpose! I was sick and needed 2 weeks off work last month, missed meetings, missed sales etc... but I was sick, and that's that.

I feel sorry for the people who forked out big time money to travel for the gigs, but would your travel insurance cover a partial refund? It might. Hell, I feel sorry for everyone who has missed out on a great gig... but better to see him healthy than struggle through a lousy half-assed set.

Off topic: I am surprised that I haven't seen anyone post "Morrissey Postpones US Gigs: Is Still Ill" anywhere. Then again perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places?

Stop being so negative!

I was at a 4th of July party, trying to console myself about this disastrous week. It turns out the host of the party was a long-time fan who didn't even know Morrissey was touring. When I told him about the postponements, he mentioned the last Smiths tour that was cancelled, which he had tickets for. "Morrissey simply hates New York," he said with a shrug.

His reputation really is fantastically twisted.

By the way, folks at both Baltimore and Atlantic City were ADAMANT that these shows will be rescheduled. A woman at AC said that they are currently working with Morrissey's people to coordinate with every other venue that was postponed. It just doesn't seem like Morrissey is blowing this off.

Back
Top Bottom