What do you guys know about this picture?

crackersoup

Who took it?
What year?
Where?

Just curious... It's a great one.

2d0exvq.jpg

:guitar:

My guess: Anton Corbijn. Year? No sideburns, it appears, so maybe 1988? 1989?

I'm pretty sure Anton Corbijn is the photographer and it was taken during the recording of Viva Hate, so around 1987/88, at Wool Hall studios, Bath.

That was in a Mojo article from years ago about the recording of Viva Hate.

Happy to help out. The photograph was taken by Mr.Vini Reilly at the Wool Hall near Bath whilst M. was recording 'Viva Hate', Autumn 1987.
Kind regards,
joe.

i like this photo a lot ..but it dont j know the photogrpahers name-so who took it? it loked through comtesses archive but no luck...SHE DIDNT have it in her archive si it did come elsewhere
i wonder if the photgraphers name is written there in the text somewhere

since i still cannot read japanese;) kewpie king leer
or somebody else from japan / mor someone able to read japanese could tell me who took these nice pics?
Montage.jpg

i just love how let loose he is on the pics must be someone whom he knows pretty well to allow himself to let go and being dorky....

saw it first in the frink thread...see..frink haters
its not all bad on the frink thread.. what is more related in a morrissey forum than post and view alll these gorgeous pictures of the man.. ...you dont have to read all the commments... just enjoy the pics;)

Last edited:
These photos stunned me when I first saw them. They don't even look like Morrissey.

I'm afraid the font is too small, I can't read the name of the photographer. :o
I have a copy of the mag at my friends', I'll send an email to her.

I don't think KL has a copy because it was published before he started living in Japan.

i like this photo a lot ..but it dont j know the photogrpahers name-so who took it? it loked through comtesses archive but no luck...SHE DIDNT have it in her archive si it did come elsewhere
i wonder if the photgraphers name is written there in the text somewhere

since i still cannot read japanese;) kewpie king leer
or somebody else from japan / mor someone able to read japanese could tell me who took these nice pics?
Montage.jpg

i just love how let loose he is on the pics must be someone whom he knows pretty well to allow himself to let go and being dorky....

I remember reading somewhere (probably on morrissey_shot lj community) that Jake Walters was the photographer. Don't know if this is true or a rumour.

I remember reading somewhere (probably on morrissey_shot lj community) that Jake Walters was the photographer. Don't know if this is true or a rumour.

Me too, I also read somewhere the pics were taken by jake walters, but haven't seen the credits... in any case great pics :D

Me too, I also read somewhere the pics were taken by jake walters, but haven't seen the credits... in any case great pics :D

they certainly look like jakes style of photography

I'm still curious to know who took those. They're quite clearly obsessed with his nose.

rumour.
We can't make out the text as Kewpie says, hopefully her friend will get back to us and lay the rumour to rest or indeed flame it. :p

...yesa lovely nose indeed-looks like his style though^^

Back
Top Bottom