What difference does it make?

A

Anonymous

Sry if this is a stupid question but what does this song mean? The lyrics. People say its about coming out as ni or gay, but i think thats too worn out of a theory. Practically everything by Morrissey is interpreted to be homosexual. Could it be about you professing your love to a boy/girl and being rejected. Or maybe its a story about two criminals and one decides to tell the other they dont want to live like this anymore. Because there is that line "I stole and I lied, and why? because you asked me to" i dont what to sound sexist but it signals a that person the narrator is confessing to has a more in active role, passive and more cunning role..... A common scenario in Male and female criminal couples.

Just curios

The homosexual angle is the most boring and obvious ('all men have secrets and here is mine / now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore/ your prejudice wont keep you warm tonight' but I suspect it's probably true in this case. This is one of a handful of early lyrics that Morrissey has stated he will never sing live anymore, as they were a bit too blatant and on the nose. Every male character in 'List of the Lost' is a suffering repressed homosexual, so it's obviously a subject that is still very close to his heart.

Specifics about exactly what was lied and stolen, well - I guess only Moz and whoever he wrote it to know that.

Back
Top Bottom