What did you dream (last night)?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me and I loved her but I forgot to give her my number but eventually did after a lot of trouble in a typical dream haze.
The setting was some airport or terminal and it was love at first sight and she forgot about her friend and I forgot about everything around me.
I woke up feeling loss wondering who the hell she was and maybe is.
IMYMTYKDWNSIDOWWCIDNX:hearteyes:

dreamed that i was told by a voice that i had just won a vintage aeroplane. i was looking at a very pristine landscape stretching out in front of my eyes, like forests, rivers and hills, all wonderfully depopulated and the aeroplane was flying over it. i was very excited and in pleasant anticipation of an imminent freedom. unfortunately another voice reminded me seconds later that i had to get a pilot's license first which kinda spoilt it all for me so that i began complaining about life's obstacles and all the other shit.

i remembered this dream after waking up even though it hadnt been very intense but because, as i also remembered, i had had a similar "flight dream" as a child in which i was actually able to fly without a machine, and this feeling of pure freedom and independence had never been forgotten but always hidden in the back of my mind.

dreamed that i was told by a voice that i had just won a vintage aeroplane. i was looking at a very pristine landscape stretching out in front of my eyes, like forests, rivers and hills, all wonderfully depopulated and the aeroplane was flying over it. i was very excited and in pleasant anticipation of an imminent freedom. unfortunately another voice reminded me seconds later that i had to get a pilot's license first which kinda spoilt it all for me so that i began complaining about life's obstacles and all the other shit.

i remembered this dream after waking up even though it hadnt been very intense but because, as i also remembered, i had had a similar "flight dream" as a child in which i was actually able to fly without a machine, and this feeling of pure freedom and independence had never been forgotten but always hidden in the back of my mind.
I’m told by professionals that flight dreams are good, so hope you have more :thumb:

I woke up from dreaming that I lived in a world where any time you saw someone in passing, it was the custom to flip them off, mean mug them, or slap your chest like an ape, because friendliness was abnormal and seen as a threat. If you didn't comply, the police would stomp the hell out of you but not arrest you, because putting you in a cell was a violation of social norms regarding hospitality. The streets were fairly empty.

dreamed that i had composed a good ole country song entitled "spectral perimeters".

strange enough i haven't had a violent dream for years.
the last nightmarish one i had decades ago when i was still eating meat.

strange enough i haven't had a violent dream for years.
the last nightmarish one i had decades ago when i was still eating meat.
I rarely ever have violent dreams either. my type of nightmare is the one I described with the bears, where my mind pereceives some sort of threat but theres no actual violence. even in the one where I murdered someone the violence was kept from me. it's an interesting theory though that eating meat might be tied to violent dreams.

Dreamt about an ex for the first time in a long time. She was inside a building
behind a glass wall with a shopping bag while I was outside on the street. I stopped and she saw me and froze for a moment. I waited to see how she would react and to my surprise smiled in a way thats permanently etched in my memory and pointed to the door where we met and spoke for the first time in a long time

I rarely ever have violent dreams either. my type of nightmare is the one I described with the bears, where my mind pereceives some sort of threat but theres no actual violence. even in the one where I murdered someone the violence was kept from me. it's an interesting theory though that eating meat might be tied to violent dreams.
that's why your bear dream reminded me of marion engels novel, as the bear in the story actually turns into a lover (performing oral sex, if i remember correctly) later on, even though the protagonist at first felt disquieted by the chained bear's presence at her new house. a very sweet story. you have probably also read it? pretty sure it belongs to the canadian national canon of literature. oh you canadians!

Frequent violent dreams are usually symptomatic of things like uhh, let’s say a not so great childhood, past trauma and the one people seem to forget thats a big driver is having a sense of just crushing hopelessness, despair and powerlessness which some people just don’t have any real world outlet for, less now than ever with how stuck in their heads people are and kids not being able to even just have minor scrapes or fist fights cuz that’s seen here now as totally verboten. I’d be willing to bet that lotta these spree killers we have here now in the States that often seemed mild mannered, introverted even had violent dreams, maybe they didn’t even remember them, then they just explode.
but at least we all here have the music of Moz :blushing:

Back
Top Bottom