What did make you smile today?

What made me smile today?
Hours ago, I bought 2, Row CCC, Orchestra Pit, tickets to the SLC show.
I was one of the many who were cancelled on not once, but twice last tour. (I had tickets for the Las Vegas show)
But before any of you wish me luck with my refund when Moz cancels the show(s), know this.
I found out one week ago today, that my pancreatic cancer is back, and the news is not good. Disappointments plague me all over. They plague us all. But I know that nothing aside from me dying before the 16th of May will stop me from seeing Morrissey one last time.
I have had some times too!
The Smiths. The Queen Is Dead, 1986, Irvine Meadows.
Morrissey. May 2000. Boise, ID. I met him. Shook his hand. Caught the blue West Ham Boys Club T-shirt.
Many more. Special, Beautiful moments I will never forget, and that no one could possibly take away from me.
So to all of you who are again 'rolling the dice', and hoping that you get to see Morrissey in the flesh, perhaps for the first time, or perhaps for the last. Do this for me. "Wait to worry". Don't worry about being postponed or cancelled on. There are far worse things that can happen. This coming from the least optimistic Moz fan you will never meet.

Peace be with you all.

S. W.

What made me smile today?
Hours ago, I bought 2, Row CCC, Orchestra Pit, tickets to the SLC show.
I was one of the many who were cancelled on not once, but twice last tour. (I had tickets for the Las Vegas show)
But before any of you wish me luck with my refund when Moz cancels the show(s), know this.
I found out one week ago today, that my pancreatic cancer is back, and the news is not good. Disappointments plague me all over. They plague us all. But I know that nothing aside from me dying before the 16th of May will stop me from seeing Morrissey one last time.
I have had some times too!
The Smiths. The Queen Is Dead, 1986, Irvine Meadows.w
Morrissey. May 2000. Boise, ID. I met him. Shook his hand. Caught the blue West Ham Boys Club T-shirt.
Many more. Special, Beautiful moments I will never forget, and that no one could possibly take away from me.
So to all of you who are again 'rolling the dice', and hoping that you get to see Morrissey in the flesh, perhaps for the first time, or perhaps for the last. Do this for me. "Wait to worry". Don't worry about being postponed or cancelled on. There are far worse things that can happen. This coming from the least optimistic Moz fan you will never meet.

Peace be with you all.

S. W.

Hi shridan. I am so sorry to hear that your pancreatic cancer has returned. On the other hand I'm very happy that you got tickets and that you will get to see Moz again soon. I wish you the best.

thanks Jen.
Perspective and karma can both be a bitch.
I hope all is well with you. I acted like a prat the last time we spoke, and I am still regretful for my words, I hope you can see it to forgive me.
I wish you nothing but good things in life. Today, and always.

C,

thanks Jen.
Perspective and karma can both be a bitch.
I hope all is well with you. I acted like a prat the last time we spoke, and I am still regretful for my words, I hope you can see it to forgive me.
I wish you nothing but good things in life. Today, and always.

C,

Hey C.

You did not act like a prat. Not at all. I harbor no ill will whatsoever. Please have no regrets. There is nothing to forgive. Nice to see you again. :)

J

This is the set of The Walking Dead. And my life. :straightface:

1904199_1624078697640028_829709246_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone has just gone from English to American. Easy mistake to make...(Looks a lot like Beyonce.)

1. That Diamond Dogs advert was the most weirdest advert I've ever seen in my life to the extent that I think it out weirds David Bowie, "alright?" :D
2. Give us David Bowie Diamond Dogs tour on DVD, you evil record labels! We know you have it :gun:

Here's another gem while I was in utero. :D No wonder punk was born in '74, the TV commercials were WEIRD! Let's go start a band.

What an amazing woman. And adorable to boot.

survivor242way-cf70470997b39d8e4f7aed43d6b55ce34bc37b86-s40-c85.jpg

This makes me happy/sad. I just saw this documentary short last week and it is my pick for the oscar. She truly was an amazing woman. So positive. My 14 year old teen stepdaughter (oh so negative--the world dealt her such a a bad hand...) could learn so much by watching this woman's story. Thanks for posting this and making me smile again.

This makes me happy/sad. I just saw this documentary short last week and it is my pick for the oscar. She truly was an amazing woman. So positive. My 14 year old teen stepdaughter (oh so negative--the world dealt her such a a bad hand...) could learn so much by watching this woman's story. Thanks for posting this and making me smile again.

"She has seen enough in her life to know all too well that hatred eats the soul of the hater, not the hated."

I should write that on a post-it and slap it on my forehead ,not to forget. It's something one should always remember, and... keeps forgetting.

Baja this weekend. Nature is pissed. :p

1602104_767300449954408_162560291_o.jpg

Donkey Nanny, Lombardy, Italy.

In the early spring shepherds drive huge flocks of livestock, here sheep, mules, donkeys, and goats from the Pre-Alpine hills to the plains of Lombardy, for grazing. The newborn lambs are carried in a custom made side saddle by the donkeys, and returned to their mothers at rest time.
Photo: Elspeth Kinneir
Via -Avantgardens

Just read Anthony Lane's review for the film Frozen. The bolded text gave me a laugh...

"The other sister is Anna (Kristen Bell), who follows on from Belle, in “Beauty and the Beast,” and Rapunzel, in “Tangled,” being spunky and reckless, with a hint of tomboy, though retaining her capacity to swoon if anything princely shows up. Most of the men, by contrast, look milky and mild, with a hint of tomgirl, and, once a chatting snowman is introduced, presumably to keep your toddlers satisfied, much of the movie turns to slush."

I need to read more witty prose. AL is a true wit.

http://www.indritours.com/indri-ultimate-wildlife-tours-blog/

My friend Adam photographed the first complete cycle of a Snow Leopard killing a sheep in Hemis National Park in India. National Geographic Africa is picking up the photos either for a spread or online, but it's sort of a huge accomplishment. The cat's cammo is AMAZING so you have to look very closely.

(I find this picture very soothing so had to post it again.)

Equally relaxing, this article about TM.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/mar/01/transcendental-meditation-does-it-work

Only problem with Transcendental Meditation is that it costs a fortune to learn. More than half a month's salary? Are you serious? David Lynch, sorry, I'd rather let the dwarf in Twin Peaks hypnotize me. So looks like peace is just for Oprah and Clint, then...Might have a word with Russell Brand about that. ("TM for the Homeless, the Drug-Addicts, the Destitute, and the Non-Millionaires. Let's do this!")

It is a shame, because falling asleep during TM is allowed. (They frown at you when you bring your duvet to yoga classes...)

It's okay, I doubt I would be able to meditate with the construction work next door anyway. I'll stick to cigs and alcohol for the moment. :) Oh well. I'll probably die youngish. What can you do.

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom