What did make you smile today?

Hahaha as if anyone needed to tell me BBC journos are blind. You couldn't dream this up.

Sweden losing against germany when syrian Durmaz came on for Sweden to show that diversity isn't a good thing at all. He gave away a free kick late on and Kroos scored from it to make it 2-1 to the germans.
Durmaz the syrian hipster beard is now a scapegoat and swedes are saying they have had enough of the project that is immigration and diversity.
Sweden head to the polls in September.

Comment from the tv series "Sweetbitter" when a woman working at the restaurant said all white women are veggies and they all laughed.

Decided to try order a pair of rock Owens drkshdw. I’m excited but gotta be careful with the size as I’ve never ordered shoes online before

Being able to change the light bulbs for the front lights on my car myself. This means my car is not modern enough cause people with really modern cars have to pay a mechanic to have it done in most cases.
I was wearing cotton gloves like a real pro cause fingers on the glass is a no-no. Fixing things on your car is the last thing that remains as a way for men to still feel like men.
Varg Vikernes is right again!

Heading out on a trip into the blue and ending up at a nice restaurant with delicious food and perfect weather, not too warm and not too cold.
You'd think heading to another town miles away would mean you can be anonymous but of course not, ran into the parents of my classmate and best friend back then. His mother told me he has been talking about me a lot in recent years wondering what I am up to these days. She took my number and now I am worried I will actually have a friend again and people that will call me.
I feel pressure now but anyway he has 2 daughters who should be around 10 and 12 and he lives out in the spinach as we say here (countryside) in a big house. We talked about so many things and it brought back so many memories.
We haven't met or spoken to each other since 1990.
As usual I forgot to introduce Pernilla like I always do but I blame it on being the only kid (cause I grew up alone without my half brother) and not really mentally used to having a girlfriend.
But they accepted the inflatable and tapped me on my shoulder saying "it will all be ok in the end Urbs" slowly walking off backwards with their hands above their heads.
Call me!

My whirlwind trip to San Francisco and back made me smile. We camped in the Redwoods, literally. In a large hollow in a redwood large enough to fit the tent. I felt like an Ewok, or a Keebler elf. San Francisco was the same dirty old town as always, but the Burger Boogaloo festival was pretty great, and really family friendly considering it was emceed by John Waters. Turns out The Mummies are right up my kids alley, and Devo put on a reliably good show. All old school material, no surprises, but it was performed well, and without the overdone video screen show they're known for. I'm just happy to be home, and that I was able to take my daughter to see her favorite band.

Last edited:
My whirlwind trip to San Francisco and back made me smile. We camped in the Redwoods, literally. In a large hollow in a redwood large enough to fit the tent. I felt like an Ewok, or a Keebler elf. San Francisco was the same dirty old town as always, but the Burger Boogaloo festival was pretty great, and really family friendly considering it was emceed by John Waters. Turns out The Mummies are right up my kids alley, and Devo put on a reliably good show. All old school material, no surprises, but it was performed well, and without the overdone video screen show they're known for. I'm just happy to be home, and that I was able to take my daughter to see her favorite band.

Love their suits and have been wanting one for ages for that prison look. Are thise blip blop bands touring a lot in your neck of the woods?

Love their suits and have been wanting one for ages for that prison look. Are thise blip blop bands touring a lot in your neck of the woods?
Devo hadn't played a show in 4 years. Every year, John Waters throws the Burger Boogaloo festival in Oakland California. (Named for Burger records, not the beefy sandwich.) Most of the acts are thrashy, trashy, or just weird. As far as my neck of the woods, I had to drive 600+ miles each way. The drive is gorgeous with a lot to do along the way though, and the coastal route to San Francisco is like the most terrifying and beautiful roller coaster you could imagine. Nothing but switchbacks and steep curves, with massive cliffs on the immediate right of you and the ocean as far as the eye can see.

Devo hadn't played a show in 4 years. Every year, John Waters throws the Burger Boogaloo festival in Oakland California. (Named for Burger records, not the beefy sandwich.) Most of the acts are thrashy, trashy, or just weird. As far as my neck of the woods, I had to drive 600+ miles each way. The drive is gorgeous with a lot to do along the way though, and the coastal route to San Francisco is like the most terrifying and beautiful roller coaster you could imagine. Nothing but switchbacks and steep curves, with massive cliffs on the immediate right of you and the ocean as far as the eye can see.
I think most people have watched at least one film showing the scenery around there. I know it's not exactly close to where you live but I meant that it seems like you are having quite a number of gigs around your area.

I think most people have watched at least one film showing the scenery around there. I know it's not exactly close to where you live but I meant that it seems like you are having quite a number of gigs around your area.
You are correct on that. Usually I go to shows in Portland or Seattle, but the California bay area is always a good option if I want to turn it into a mini vacation that doesn't cost much to achieve. It's the very, very rare show that will drag me to the hellhole of LA. In this case, Devo is my daughter's favorite. Always has been, and this show was a one off that brought them out of virtual retirement. They all seemed to have a lot of fun playing, so I could see them doing a retirement tour. I was just thankful that with all of them being nearly 70 that they still had some energy and sounded like themselves.

You are correct on that. Usually I go to shows in Portland or Seattle, but the California bay area is always a good option if I want to turn it into a mini vacation that doesn't cost much to achieve. It's the very, very rare show that will drag me to the hellhole of LA. In this case, Devo is my daughter's favorite. Always has been, and this show was a one off that brought them out of virtual retirement. They all seemed to have a lot of fun playing, so I could see them doing a retirement tour. I was just thankful that with all of them being nearly 70 that they still had some energy and sounded like themselves.
Hang on, I think my moms best friends son Magnus was a Devo fan who had their posters up when he was a kid and he's my age.

Sweden's largest summer festival gave up the ghost this year. The amount of sexual harassment from migrants meant they simply could not keep it going especially after last years rape scandals.

Hang on, I think my moms best friends son Magnus was a Devo fan who had their posters up when he was a kid and he's my age.
I was listening to them when I was only about seven or eight. They have that cartoonish sound and image that draws you in, and then when you get older you realize just how subversive and intelligent their songs are. They've always been my favorite American band. The way I've always been with my kid, is if she's respectful to my music collection, she can listen to pretty much anything in there with very few exceptions. If the music has profanity, the rule is, leave it on the record, don't bring it into the house. When she started listening, she would usually just like the look of the cover, so she would give it a listen. Over time, she had her favorites. Devo is #1, Talking Heads, T-Rex, Bowie, Bauhaus, They Might Be Giants, The Cure etc are also in heavy rotation for her. I'm really hoping this trend of sneering at pop music/mass produced shit continues for her.

Sweden's largest summer festival gave up the ghost this year. The amount of sexual harassment from migrants meant they simply could not keep it going especially after last years rape scandals.
Our largest festival did the same, due to poor ticket sales though. I don't think people want to pay 300 a ticket for shit lineups.
I remember reading about that though, and I had to wonder if that wasn't a very common thing at festivals, especially with camping, rampant alcohol and drug use, etc, and that it is merely under-reported at other festivals. I refuse to stay at overnight festivals. You can't sleep anyway, hence the alcohol and drug abuse, and it's just a squalid scene all around.

Our largest festival did the same, due to poor ticket sales though. I don't think people want to pay 300 a ticket for shit lineups.
I remember reading about that though, and I had to wonder if that wasn't a very common thing at festivals, especially with camping, rampant alcohol and drug use, etc, and that it is merely under-reported at other festivals. I refuse to stay at overnight festivals. You can't sleep anyway, hence the alcohol and drug abuse, and it's just a squalid scene all around.
I could never camp out, I am a shower in the morning kinda guy.

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom