What did make you smile today?

oh yes please, peppermint! I've been looking for a new place to live for some time now! I hope you live in a quaint little cottage in the woods bedecked with fairy lights! that's how I've always pictured your abode. something like this:

not that I picture you and your family as mice or anything :paranoid:

I like to eat, peppermint, of course I do! I mean I'm not a foodie like g23 or anything. you wont hear me salivating over all the ingredients in a thing or using words like "succulent" or "to die for" but I have been known to get exciting over a nice piece of baklava or a sizeable piece of chocolate (doesn't even have to be good chocolate, Im happy even with the cheap waxy shit). I don't get hungry though, which is odd. I mean it takes me a long time to get hungry. I usually don't feel any hunger at all if I go a day without eating. which may be why my eating habits are the way they are. I don't have that natural instinct telling me when to eat, that natural connection with food as fuel. I feel like I don't really need it and so when I eat it's mainly as a compulsion, or an event, in which case I think "well, might as well stuff myself with whatever I want!" I view diet the same way I view weather-appropriate dressing: I don't have faith it makes any difference.
:lbf::lbf::lbf: Yes, that's me, dishing out the cauliflower cheese to my adorable, cheeky offspring who never punch each other, fart around the table or tell me 'I f***ing hate this'. Sadly, although I have lived in a couple of quaint places rather like that, my current abode is a tiny modern box. I expect it's sounding a lot less attractive as a deal now. I do have fairy lights, though. Lots of fairy lights. And my Polish next door neighbour has rabbits.
Wow, I can't imagine never being hungry. Maybe you just have really, really efficient metabolism? Are you really thin?

:lbf::lbf::lbf: Yes, that's me, dishing out the cauliflower cheese to my adorable, cheeky offspring who never punch each other, fart around the table or tell me 'I f***ing hate this'. Sadly, although I have lived in a couple of quaint places rather like that, my current abode is a tiny modern box. I expect it's sounding a lot less attractive as a deal now. I do have fairy lights, though. Lots of fairy lights. And my Polish next door neighbour has rabbits.
Wow, I can't imagine never being hungry. Maybe you just have really, really efficient metabolism? Are you really thin?
no! I think it's the opposite and I have a slow metabolism. I mean, if you had a fast metabolism you'd be hungry all the time wouldn't you? or maybe I do get hungry but I'm just really insensitive to the feeling--I'm like that with some things. I don't know, those people who start complaining around noon about being hungry because "I didn't have breakfast!" at which omission you're supposed to act all shocked and concerned like "how could you go without breakfast?! I thought you were looking a little pale!" have always baffled me. even as a kid I could go until dinner without eating anything (I hated eating in public so I would never eat a lunch at school which ive only just recently realized is quite weird).
oh, a modern box :( I wont lie, I'm a bit disillusioned. do ALL your children live with you in this tiny box? well, I'm still up for it though! I mean you got cauliflower cheese and fairy lights, two things I don't have here! annnnnd a polish neighbour with bunnies!!! she'll let me pet the bunnies, right?

no! I think it's the opposite and I have a slow metabolism. I mean, if you had a fast metabolism you'd be hungry all the time wouldn't you? or maybe I do get hungry but I'm just really insensitive to the feeling--I'm like that with some things. I don't know, those people who start complaining around noon about being hungry because "I didn't have breakfast!" at which omission you're supposed to act all shocked and concerned like "how could you go without breakfast?! I thought you were looking a little pale!" have always baffled me. even as a kid I could go until dinner without eating anything (I hated eating in public so I would never eat a lunch at school which ive only just recently realized is quite weird).
oh, a modern box :( I wont lie, I'm a bit disillusioned. do ALL your children live with you in this tiny box? well, I'm still up for it though! I mean you got cauliflower cheese and fairy lights, two things I don't have here! annnnnd a polish neighbour with bunnies!!! she'll let me pet the bunnies, right?
Yes, that's what I meant - really efficient, as in, getting the maximum mileage out of the fuel (ie slow metabolism). I had an ex like that and it was infuriating - we'd go out for the day and he couldn't understand why I would need to eat every few hours or I'd fall over. We'd have furious rows because he would want to keep going all day then eat half a cow in the evening, and thought everybody else should too. The not eating in public is a bit odd. What was that about? Or was it one of those impossible-to-explain anxieties that you can't articulate but you just KNOW you don't want to do something?

Yes, my three rowdy teenage kids live with me in my 2 bed flat - but only at weekends (creative sleeping arrangements :straightface: ). So it would be a bit of a squash, but isn't that part of fostering? Everybody making room for another waif to share the warmth and the cauliflower cheese? I'm thinking of Ron Moody & co in Fagin's hideout (only a bit cleaner). Completely understand if you don't want to swap Canada for a neo-Dickensian experience, though. Oh, and yes, everybody pets the bunnies, and when she goes away I have to look after them.

Chloe Sevigny and Winnie Wong are portrayed in the series "The Arrangement" which is about the church of scientology and Tom Cruise and his arranged marriage with Katie Holmes. Chloe features a lot more of course but the one playing Winnie is seen leaning over the bar at some club when they are having drinks in Venice in episode 1 or 2 of season 1

the croissants weren't delicious though, that's the thing! my buying them in the first place was punishment--to me! because rather than opting for the delicious flaky buttery bakery ones I just bought bland dry supermarket ones that were wholly not worth eating in the first place. that is why they had to be sprayed. I did eventually have to spray the cookies too because I ate like, eight, and even though they were in the beginning delicious, after about four they quickly become pretty unappealing. and a general rule is that while ill still eat something long after it's lost its appeal, I wont eat something if it tastes like bathroom cleaner and is possibly toxic as well. that's where I draw the line (that reminds me, I should really use that bathroom cleaner on my bathroom one of these days...). I still haven't bought any snacks, am still in limbo about whether I should or not. what do you think? any suggestions? (don't say brownies)

okay, so on to fanny and alexander.... AMAZING!!!! I'm so glad you recommended it! at first, with the running time I figured I was in for a long boring time, but was determined to stick it out anyway. I was pretty impressed in the first act by the lavishness of it all. and with the lighting the way it was done it really felt like you were there, like you had stepped into that space. it reminded me of the way I imagined old fashioned Christmases to have been when I was young, and even reminded me of the way I felt about Christmas when I was young, that sense of specialness brought about by glittery abundance. so even though I was sure I was going to be bored, I was taken in on a very visual level. but then came part 3 and 4 and boy was I taken in a way I never expected a Swedish made for tv movie from the 80;s could do. that awful priest! I was so scared for the children, and angry at the priest and his family, and thinking "oh man, what has the mother done, and how is she going to get them out of this, I just cant see any way...". and then when they are abducted to uncle isaks, seeing his place through the eyes of a little boy was a really a magical thing, and gave the whole thing a fairy tale sort of feel. and I really liked the way my feelings for the family developed. at first I thought they were all a bunch of bland austere types who I couldn't possibly feel affinity for but I had really warmed up to some of them by the end, like the grandmother and the one uncle (the womanizing one, not the awful angry wife abusing one). so yes, thank you for recommending! I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to watch though, so I opted for the longer one just to be sure? is the other one the same, only shortened or is it a completely different version? do I need to watch it too? as for the white dresses, I looked for them, but the only one I saw wearing one was the grandmother. there may have been others but nothing that stood out to me. did I miss them? certainly they weren't as fabulous as the ones in picnic at hanging rock?!
I’m having an epiphany, dear Rifke. I’m wondering if you’ve ever, in a moment of manic desperation and inescapable craving found yourself digging into your trash to pullout sullied delicacies and finding the ones least doused in bathroom cleaner and frantically consuming them before rational thought returns? I’m thinking I may know what’s causes the bulbous appendage on your hand. Pep was right in that it was diet related. But no one would have guessed the result of regular indulgences with Mr Bubble could have produced in our sweet girl. Time for you to come clean, so to speak.

. okay, so on to fanny and alexander.... AMAZING!!!! I'm so glad you recommended it! at first, with the running time I figured I was in for a long boring time, but was determined to stick it out anyway. I was pretty impressed in the first act by the lavishness of it all. and with the lighting the way it was done it really felt like you were there, like you had stepped into that space. it reminded me of the way I imagined old fashioned Christmases to have been when I was young, and even reminded me of the way I felt about Christmas when I was young, that sense of specialness brought about by glittery abundance. so even though I was sure I was going to be bored, I was taken in on a very visual level. but then came part 3 and 4 and boy was I taken in a way I never expected a Swedish made for tv movie from the 80;s could do. that awful priest! I was so scared for the children, and angry at the priest and his family, and thinking "oh man, what has the mother done, and how is she going to get them out of this, I just cant see any way...". and then when they are abducted to uncle isaks, seeing his place through the eyes of a little boy was a really a magical thing, and gave the whole thing a fairy tale sort of feel. and I really liked the way my feelings for the family developed. at first I thought they were all a bunch of bland austere types who I couldn't possibly feel affinity for but I had really warmed up to some of them by the end, like the grandmother and the one uncle (the womanizing one, not the awful angry wife abusing one). so yes, thank you for recommending! I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to watch though, so I opted for the longer one just to be sure? is the other one the same, only shortened or is it a completely different version? do I need to watch it too? as for the white dresses, I looked for them, but the only one I saw wearing one was the grandmother. there may have been others but nothing that stood out to me. did I miss them? certainly they weren't as fabulous as the ones in picnic at hanging rock?!
I’m so pleased you like it. I always like to watch it in the werks leading up to Christmas as it’s so perfect. The whole family, holding hands and dancing through the house is one of my favorite parts. My mom has the song on a Swedish Christmas CD and we always joke that we should be doing it. And then the gassy uncle on the stairs?! Super funny! That could be one of my uncles. The movie has so many great moods and moments. I loved the marionette section in the antique store, too. And the stark life in the parsonage was so bleak and hopeless and cruel. And that fire-aunt must have been an inspiration for Jaba the Hut! I remember, I think it’s the very last scene, so clearly in my mind where F&A’s mother was sitting there, just having given birth to the bishop’s baby, along with Mai the maid their uncle knocked up at the head of the table during the double christening luncheon. They are at their summer house and the room is full of ferns and other green plants and everything is fresh and new like the babies. But I swear all the women are in white cotton lawn dresses with gorgeous lace. When I come across my copy I’m going to have to find it and see if I’m dreaming it up but I’ve seen this dozens of times over the years. It’s a long movie but well worth it. Thanks for checking it out!

Yes, that's what I meant - really efficient, as in, getting the maximum mileage out of the fuel (ie slow metabolism). I had an ex like that and it was infuriating - we'd go out for the day and he couldn't understand why I would need to eat every few hours or I'd fall over. We'd have furious rows because he would want to keep going all day then eat half a cow in the evening, and thought everybody else should too. The not eating in public is a bit odd. What was that about? Or was it one of those impossible-to-explain anxieties that you can't articulate but you just KNOW you don't want to do something?

Yes, my three rowdy teenage kids live with me in my 2 bed flat - but only at weekends (creative sleeping arrangements :straightface: ). So it would be a bit of a squash, but isn't that part of fostering? Everybody making room for another waif to share the warmth and the cauliflower cheese? I'm thinking of Ron Moody & co in Fagin's hideout (only a bit cleaner). Completely understand if you don't want to swap Canada for a neo-Dickensian experience, though. Oh, and yes, everybody pets the bunnies, and when she goes away I have to look after them.
oh i get it, efficient metabolism is a nice way of saying slow metabolism! :p actually, I think people have it all wrong when they think they got gypped by having a slow metabolism. go back 200 years, or go any place where food is scarce, and you'd be delighted to have a slow metabolism. I mean, sure you cant eat everything in sight and still be thin, but then you don't need to eat everything in sight if you have a slow metabolism (although, sometimes I do eat everything in sight and then pay for it the next day when none of my clothes fit). and if you don't need to eat as much you dont need to spend as much money on food (although again, sometimes I do spend way too much money on foods. that is, sweets). well, to be honest, your ex does sound annoying. even if I am like him myself, I don't expect others to be like that, and even I would probably get resentful if someone didn't bother to consider that maybe I would want to stop for something to eat. I hate being around people who expect that others should just naturally adhere to their schedules.

I don't know what the not eating in public thing was about. I do now eat in public. and of course I would eat in public when I went out for dinner or whatever with my family. it just seemed really unnatural to me to eat lunch at school. I felt shame about it, I'm not really sure why, because I had never been shamed for eating at any point in my life. and it's not that I felt personally that I shouldn't be eating. its just something that made me uncomfortable. I think when you don't feel natural instincts, like hunger telling you to eat, you get kind of perverse and neurotic about things. unsure of your own needs, you start over thinking things. that's one of the reasons I like fasting is that I suddenly have all these physical cues that I never have otherwise. I have to, like, tend to myself when I fast, you know, and there's something dignified to me about that.

they only live with you on weekends?! so does this mean during the week days i'd get my own room?! bonzai! I hope it's not all boyishly decorated..... oh yes, I DO want a Dickensian existence. for just as I picture you as a mouse in a homey little cottage, this is how I've always pictured myself:
upload_2018-6-11_4-12-45.jpeg
in case you dont know, it's a little rag clad bunny from a muppets Christmas carol, and its who I have always been in my heart. I even had a sweater like that once. oh, I cant wait to look after your polish neighbours bunnies! it's been so long since I looked after a bunny!

I’m having an epiphany, dear Rifke. I’m wondering if you’ve ever, in a moment of manic desperation and inescapable craving found yourself digging into your trash to pullout sullied delicacies and finding the ones least doused in bathroom cleaner and frantically consuming them before rational thought returns? I’m thinking I may know what’s causes the bulbous appendage on your hand. Pep was right in that it was diet related. But no one would have guessed the result of regular indulgences with Mr Bubble could have produced in our sweet girl. Time for you to come clean, so to speak.
i'll have you know I have never dug through the trash for anything I have thrown out! I don't want to get worms!! geez! I may however, after regretting having sprayed something with cleaner, nibbled off parts of it that I trusted that the spray didn't reach. I was almost tempted to do that with the croissants, but then I remembered that they were gross anyway and thought better of it.

I’m so pleased you like it. I always like to watch it in the werks leading up to Christmas as it’s so perfect. The whole family, holding hands and dancing through the house is one of my favorite parts. My mom has the song on a Swedish Christmas CD and we always joke that we should be doing it. And then the gassy uncle on the stairs?! Super funny! That could be one of my uncles. The movie has so many great moods and moments. I loved the marionette section in the antique store, too. And the stark life in the parsonage was so bleak and hopeless and cruel. And that fire-aunt must have been an inspiration for Jaba the Hut! I remember, I think it’s the very last scene, so clearly in my mind where F&A’s mother was sitting there, just having given birth to the bishop’s baby, along with Mai the maid their uncle knocked up at the head of the table during the double christening luncheon. They are at their summer house and the room is full of ferns and other green plants and everything is fresh and new like the babies. But I swear all the women are in white cotton lawn dresses with gorgeous lace. When I come across my copy I’m going to have to find it and see if I’m dreaming it up but I’ve seen this dozens of times over the years. It’s a long movie but well worth it. Thanks for checking it out!
maybe you are right! I wish I hadn't had to return it or I would've watched it again and this time kept a better look out for these dresses. oh wait, here we are. yes, now I see it:
MV5BMTdlZDMzYmEtMWNmZC00ZWI0LWE0NzUtMThlNGRkYTc1ODg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

but the thing is, when they were at luncheon they were all sitting down so you couldn't really see their dresses. all this talk about diaphanous white dresses has got me thinking about the Russian grand duchesses. I loved their style so much:

I wish I could go around dressed like them, because just as I am a rag clad bunny in my heart, I am also at the same time a Russian grand duchess in my heart.

oh i get it, efficient metabolism is a nice way of saying slow metabolism! :p actually, I think people have it all wrong when they think they got gypped by having a slow metabolism. go back 200 years, or go any place where food is scarce, and you'd be delighted to have a slow metabolism. I mean, sure you cant eat everything in sight and still be thin, but then you don't need to eat everything in sight if you have a slow metabolism (although, sometimes I do eat everything in sight and then pay for it the next day when none of my clothes fit). and if you don't need to eat as much you dont need to spend as much money on food (although again, sometimes I do spend way too much money on foods. that is, sweets). well, to be honest, your ex does sound annoying. even if I am like him myself, I don't expect others to be like that, and even I would probably get resentful if someone didn't bother to consider that maybe I would want to stop for something to eat. I hate being around people who expect that others should just naturally adhere to their schedules.

I don't know what the not eating in public thing was about. I do now eat in public. and of course I would eat in public when I went out for dinner or whatever with my family. it just seemed really unnatural to me to eat lunch at school. I felt shame about it, I'm not really sure why, because I had never been shamed for eating at any point in my life. and it's not that I felt personally that I shouldn't be eating. its just something that made me uncomfortable. I think when you don't feel natural instincts, like hunger telling you to eat, you get kind of perverse and neurotic about things. unsure of your own needs, you start over thinking things. that's one of the reasons I like fasting is that I suddenly have all these physical cues that I never have otherwise. I have to, like, tend to myself when I fast, you know, and there's something dignified to me about that.

they only live with you on weekends?! so does this mean during the week days i'd get my own room?! bonzai! I hope it's not all boyishly decorated..... oh yes, I DO want a Dickensian existence. for just as I picture you as a mouse in a homey little cottage, this is how I've always pictured myself:
View attachment 44751
in case you dont know, it's a little rag clad bunny from a muppets Christmas carol, and its who I have always been in my heart. I even had a sweater like that once. oh, I cant wait to look after your polish neighbours bunnies! it's been so long since I looked after a bunny!
I agree, I think you have good quality stone age genes :) But now I understand the fasting (I think) - if you don't really get hungry and eating is fraught with complicated associations, no wonder not eating seems pleasurable. But PLEASE be careful, Rifke - you may be fuel-efficient but you will still run better with regular top-ups, from the proper sources (car analogy crashed a little there).

Well, it's not super-boyish because they're older, so they don't have model aeroplanes hanging from the ceiling or football duvet covers or beds in the shape of tanks or anything. But we could put fairy lights up during the week and take them down at the weekend. Alternatively you could sleep on the sofa bed with the cat, which is what I normally do at weekends. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, he'd be glad of the company.

upload_2018-6-11_9-27-12.png

I agree, I think you have good quality stone age genes :) But now I understand the fasting (I think) - if you don't really get hungry and eating is fraught with complicated associations, no wonder not eating seems pleasurable. But PLEASE be careful, Rifke - you may be fuel-efficient but you will still run better with regular top-ups, from the proper sources (car analogy crashed a little there).

Well, it's not super-boyish because they're older, so they don't have model aeroplanes hanging from the ceiling or football duvet covers or beds in the shape of tanks or anything. But we could put fairy lights up during the week and take them down at the weekend. Alternatively you could sleep on the sofa bed with the cat, which is what I normally do at weekends. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, he'd be glad of the company.

View attachment 44754
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh my god! look at the kitty wittyyy!!!!! what a beauty!! his fur looks so soft! I will happily sleep with the kitty witty on the sofa. please tell me he's a cuddler and not a chilly intellectual "look but don't touch!" kitty like lanterns' kitties (don't tell p. and t. I said that). does mr. kitty get along with the bunnies when they come visit?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh my god! look at the kitty wittyyy!!!!! what a beauty!! his fur looks so soft! I will happily sleep with the kitty witty on the sofa. please tell me he's a cuddler and not a chilly intellectual "look but don't touch!" kitty like lanterns' kitties (don't tell p. and t. I said that). does mr. kitty get along with the bunnies when they come visit?
I'll be honest, he's a bit of an odd cat. My kids say he's on the spectrum :lbf: And even the Polish lady next door, who adores cats, says he's 'different'. His favourite game is Bitey Scratchy (although he is learning that humans don't like this game so much). After that, his next favourite game is football ('soccer'). If you roll the ball to him, he will ping it back to you and will expect you to keep this up while he chases it all round the house. In the middle of the night, he likes to touch noses (quite freaky when you're fast asleep), and sometimes he likes to to headbutt me when I'm sleeping (apparently this is a sign of affection). On a couple of occasions he's got so excited he's bitten my head. He's not a great lap-sitter, but he does like to sit by you and he likes snuggling up beside you on the duvet. The Polish lady also has a cat and they are mates - they hang out together and touch noses. And sometimes they stroll over and touch noses with the rabbits (who have an outdoor pen). Neither of them try to eat the rabbits, though. I think they have worked out that this would put them in Deep Shit.

View attachment 44754
That pussy needs a good spanking!

I'll be honest, he's a bit of an odd cat. My kids say he's on the spectrum :lbf: And even the Polish lady next door, who adores cats, says he's 'different'. His favourite game is Bitey Scratchy (although he is learning that humans don't like this game so much). After that, his next favourite game is football ('soccer'). If you roll the ball to him, he will ping it back to you and will expect you to keep this up while he chases it all round the house. In the middle of the night, he likes to touch noses (quite freaky when you're fast asleep), and sometimes he likes to to headbutt me when I'm sleeping (apparently this is a sign of affection). On a couple of occasions he's got so excited he's bitten my head. He's not a great lap-sitter, but he does like to sit by you and he likes snuggling up beside you on the duvet. The Polish lady also has a cat and they are mates - they hang out together and touch noses. And sometimes they stroll over and touch noses with the rabbits (who have an outdoor pen). Neither of them try to eat the rabbits, though. I think they have worked out that this would put them in Deep Shit.
he sounds like a little darling! <3

rain...rain, rain RAIN it's f***in raining, folks!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not just a few drops that evaporate in the air before falling down, no, it's a real rain with cats and dogs, etc
:sweatdrops::praying::ocean::spoutingwhale::dolphin::whale::tropicalfish::crocodile::blowfish:

It’s been a nice weekend. Went to a children’s book fair, out to lunch with some family and friends and then a dip in the pool. Today we took the boat out on the choptank river for a while and are about to go eat dinner on the deck to eat and watch the sun set over the water. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads here

The BBC reporter based in USA.

maxresdefault.jpg

Only a mother and so on....
One eye heading south like his bitch tits.

Gary O'Donoghue is a well respected Oxford educated journalist who just happens to be blind
And here I thought he was the brother of Jabba the hutt. He sure has the right look for BBC though with their troll fake news.
BBC stands for Big Blob c***.

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom