What did make you smile today?

Yes, but dear Rifke, you have missed the important bit, which is she looks like a cadaver :eek: I can't help feeling this is not the way to go!
no, dear pep, the important bit are the eyelids. eyelids are ALWAYS the important bit.

nobody cares :(
I hope you rent something good and maybe get a little snacky-poo to go with! I'm off to bake a very non-vegan friendly Oreo cheesecake from scratch
for my kiddos birthday tomorrow. I'd bring a slice around, but I'm afraid someone would splash me with red paint.

I hope you rent something good and maybe get a little snacky-poo to go with! I'm off to bake a very non-vegan friendly Oreo cheesecake from scratch
for my kiddos birthday tomorrow. I'd bring a slice around, but I'm afraid someone would splash me with red paint.
I got so many good movies! lets see... Hiroshima, mon amour; paris, texas; I am curious, yellow; queen bee; the passion of anna; winter light; and the silence. you get a deal when you take out 7 for a week, which means that sometimes I'm up till 5am on the day before they're due back in order to finish watching them because I've left them until the last minute (as I was last night with Fanny & Alexander (the five hour version)(totally worth it)).
I didn't get any snacks (I refuse to say snacky-poo) at all to go with! I was going to have a "non eating day" (we wont call it fasting), because oh my god you wouldn't believe what I ate yesterday! two croissants (I bought a box of four but sprayed the 2 remaining with bathroom cleaner so I wouldn't eat them), a bowl of ice cream, a salad (but like a fattening one with cheese and cashews), and about 10 billion cookies. so I was planning on making up for it today, but now that you suggested it a snack to go with would be a capital idea! yes, I think I could go for a slice of oreo cheesecake! sounds delish! when will it be ready?!

I got so many good movies! lets see... Hiroshima, mon amour; paris, texas; I am curious, yellow; queen bee; the passion of anna; winter light; and the silence. you get a deal when you take out 7 for a week, which means that sometimes I'm up till 5am on the day before they're due back in order to finish watching them because I've left them until the last minute (as I was last night with Fanny & Alexander (the five hour version)(totally worth it)).
I didn't get any snacks (I refuse to say snacky-poo) at all to go with! I was going to have a "non eating day" (we wont call it fasting), because oh my god you wouldn't believe what I ate yesterday! two croissants (I bought a box of four but sprayed the 2 remaining with bathroom cleaner so I wouldn't eat them), a bowl of ice cream, a salad (but like a fattening one with cheese and cashews), and about 10 billion cookies. so I was planning on making up for it today, but now that you suggested it a snack to go with would be a capital idea! yes, I think I could go for a slice of oreo cheesecake! sounds delish! when will it be ready?!
Rifke, I’m so very pleased that you watched Fanny and Alexander. And good for you watching all of it! And should we pause here and gush about those white lace dresses in that luncheon scene?! Oh to just have one of those! Why weren’t those the Swedish inheritance saved for me?! Not that I don’t treasure the crystal but still......

You’ve chosen some intersting movies for this next week. I’ve seen a couple of them but it’s been awhile. I’m a little shocked that you chose to punish those two remaining croissants just for being so delicious. Your menu for the day sounded really amazing. Really perfect for movie watching. What time does the next show start? I might be over!

Rifke, I’m so very pleased that you watched Fanny and Alexander. And good for you watching all of it! And should we pause here and gush about those white lace dresses in that luncheon scene?! Oh to just have one of those! Why weren’t those the Swedish inheritance saved for me?! Not that I don’t treasure the crystal but still......

You’ve chosen some intersting movies for this next week. I’ve seen a couple of them but it’s been awhile. I’m a little shocked that you chose to punish those two remaining croissants just for being so delicious. Your menu for the day sounded really amazing. Really perfect for movie watching. What time does the next show start? I might be over!
the croissants weren't delicious though, that's the thing! my buying them in the first place was punishment--to me! because rather than opting for the delicious flaky buttery bakery ones I just bought bland dry supermarket ones that were wholly not worth eating in the first place. that is why they had to be sprayed. I did eventually have to spray the cookies too because I ate like, eight, and even though they were in the beginning delicious, after about four they quickly become pretty unappealing. and a general rule is that while ill still eat something long after it's lost its appeal, I wont eat something if it tastes like bathroom cleaner and is possibly toxic as well. that's where I draw the line (that reminds me, I should really use that bathroom cleaner on my bathroom one of these days...). I still haven't bought any snacks, am still in limbo about whether I should or not. what do you think? any suggestions? (don't say brownies)

okay, so on to fanny and alexander.... AMAZING!!!! I'm so glad you recommended it! at first, with the running time I figured I was in for a long boring time, but was determined to stick it out anyway. I was pretty impressed in the first act by the lavishness of it all. and with the lighting the way it was done it really felt like you were there, like you had stepped into that space. it reminded me of the way I imagined old fashioned Christmases to have been when I was young, and even reminded me of the way I felt about Christmas when I was young, that sense of specialness brought about by glittery abundance. so even though I was sure I was going to be bored, I was taken in on a very visual level. but then came part 3 and 4 and boy was I taken in a way I never expected a Swedish made for tv movie from the 80;s could do. that awful priest! I was so scared for the children, and angry at the priest and his family, and thinking "oh man, what has the mother done, and how is she going to get them out of this, I just cant see any way...". and then when they are abducted to uncle isaks, seeing his place through the eyes of a little boy was a really a magical thing, and gave the whole thing a fairy tale sort of feel. and I really liked the way my feelings for the family developed. at first I thought they were all a bunch of bland austere types who I couldn't possibly feel affinity for but I had really warmed up to some of them by the end, like the grandmother and the one uncle (the womanizing one, not the awful angry wife abusing one). so yes, thank you for recommending! I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to watch though, so I opted for the longer one just to be sure? is the other one the same, only shortened or is it a completely different version? do I need to watch it too? as for the white dresses, I looked for them, but the only one I saw wearing one was the grandmother. there may have been others but nothing that stood out to me. did I miss them? certainly they weren't as fabulous as the ones in picnic at hanging rock?!

Last edited:
the croissants weren't delicious though, that's the thing! my buying them in the first place was punishment--to me! because rather than opting for the delicious flaky buttery bakery ones I just bought bland dry supermarket ones that were wholly not worth eating in the first place. that is why they had to be sprayed. I did eventually have to spray the cookies too because I ate like, eight, and even though they were in the beginning delicious, after about four they quickly become pretty unappealing. and a general rule is that while ill still eat something long after it's lost its appeal, I wont eat something if it tastes like bathroom cleaner and is possibly toxic as well. that's where I draw the line (that reminds me, I should really use that bathroom cleaner on my bathroom one of these days...). I still haven't bought any snacks, am still in limbo about whether I should or not. what do you think? any suggestions? (don't say brownies)

okay, so on to fanny and alexander.... AMAZING!!!! I'm so glad you recommended it! at first, with the running time I figured I was in for a long boring time, but was determined to stick it out anyway. I was pretty impressed in the first act by the lavishness of it all. and with the lighting the way it was done it really felt like you were there, like you had stepped into that space. it reminded me of the way I imagined old fashioned Christmases to have been when I was young, and even reminded me of the way I felt about Christmas when I was young, that sense of specialness brought about by glittery abundance. so even though I was sure I was going to be bored, I was taken in on a very visual level. but then came part 3 and 4 and boy was I taken in a way I never expected a Swedish made for tv movie from the 80;s could do. that awful priest! I was so scared for the children, and angry at the priest and his family, and thinking "oh man, what has the mother done, and how is she going to get them out of this, I just cant see any way...". and then when they are abducted to uncle isaks, seeing his place through the eyes of a little boy was a really a magical thing, and gave the whole thing a fairy tale sort of feel. and I really liked the way my feelings for the family developed. at first I thought they were all a bunch of bland austere types who I couldn't possibly feel affinity for but I had really warmed up to some of them by the end, like the grandmother and the one uncle (the womanizing one, not the awful angry wife abusing one). so yes, thank you for recommending! I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to watch though, so I opted for the longer one just to be sure? is the other one the same, only shortened or is it a completely different version? do I need to watch it too? as for the white dresses, I looked for them, but the only one I saw wearing one was the grandmother. there may have been others but nothing that stood out to me. did I miss them? certainly they weren't as fabulous as the ones in picnic at hanging rock?!

If you post stories about what you've been eating you must be a redneck.

I just discovered something amazing! heres this woman again who did the 3 consecutive 40 day fasts. well, I noticed that on day 10 of the first fast, she has the same weird pocket of extra skin in her eyelid that I have (only mine is a bit worse, a bit more crepe papery).

then I remembered how the thing that stood out to me about these videos the first time I watched them was how much I liked her eyelids at the very end of all three fasts. you can see that the extra pocket of skin has completely vanished and she has taut hollowed out eyelids!

perhaps as the skin shrinks the extra skin is pulled upward and into the natural crease of the eyelid? perhaps the answer is to become emaciated? no, I wont go that far. but her eyelids at the end are, like, ideal, and they started out so crummy. so there is hope!

now, if only there was hope for my knuckle which, quite distressingly, seems to have grown even more in the last two days.

She is dying from cancer and will just be added to the statistics that starts at 6 million.

Reading your take on Bergman is like sitting at the kids table at a posh dinner listening to them go on about kids programmes on tv and the taste of the latest lollie. It is the equivalent of suffering from mental tinnitus and that ringing will never ever stop.

Reading your take on Bergman is like sitting at the kids table at a posh dinner listening to them go on about kids programmes on tv and the taste of the latest lollie. It is the equivalent of suffering from mental tinnitus and that ringing will never ever stop.
it wasn't a typical bergman film though, I mean, I don't think there was really anything to interpret. now buy me that bunny bag!!

it wasn't a typical bergman film though, I mean, I don't think there was really anything to interpret. now buy me that bunny bag!!
I wouldn't even chip in if they crowdfunded your headstone.

God, Rifke, this is your online mother speaking. Eat some proper food, for crying out loud. Or else I'll be over there to take charge, and you know how much you hate that.

God, Rifke, this is your online mother speaking. Eat some proper food, for crying out loud. Or else I'll be over there to take charge, and you know how much you hate that.
actually i'd really like that. I have no life skills, peppermint, it's not my fault! make me some cauliflower cheeeessseeee (or is that not proper food?)

actually i'd really like that. I have no life skills, peppermint, it's not my fault! make me some cauliflower cheeeessseeee (or is that not proper food?)
Dear me, it looks like I have acquired a 4th child :lbf: Perhaps I could foster you? Not sure I'd be any good at it so it might be a learning curve for both of us. Yes, cauliflower cheese is fine and certainly a big improvement on yesterday's menu. Do you actually like food? This may sound a funny question but I have met people who are not at all interested and just eat to live (whereas I live to eat).

Dear me, it looks like I have acquired a 4th child :lbf: Perhaps I could foster you? Not sure I'd be any good at it so it might be a learning curve for both of us. Yes, cauliflower cheese is fine and certainly a big improvement on yesterday's menu. Do you actually like food? This may sound a funny question but I have met people who are not at all interested and just eat to live (whereas I live to eat).
oh yes please, peppermint! I've been looking for a new place to live for some time now! I hope you live in a quaint little cottage in the woods bedecked with fairy lights! that's how I've always pictured your abode. something like this:

not that I picture you and your family as mice or anything :paranoid:

I like to eat, peppermint, of course I do! I mean I'm not a foodie like g23 or anything. you wont hear me salivating over all the ingredients in a thing or using words like "succulent" or "to die for" but I have been known to get exciting over a nice piece of baklava or a sizeable piece of chocolate (doesn't even have to be good chocolate, Im happy even with the cheap waxy shit). I don't get hungry though, which is odd. I mean it takes me a long time to get hungry. I usually don't feel any hunger at all if I go a day without eating. which may be why my eating habits are the way they are. I don't have that natural instinct telling me when to eat, that natural connection with food as fuel. I feel like I don't really need it and so when I eat it's mainly as a compulsion, or an event, in which case I think "well, might as well stuff myself with whatever I want!" I view diet the same way I view weather-appropriate dressing: I don't have faith it makes any difference.

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom