What did make you smile today?

Travis-Bickle-Saying-You-Talking-To-Me-Taxi-Driver.gif

I am in shock now Gerrit and it is in your best interest to completely ignore me. I hate people that turn on dead things although a car of course has a soul and mine is named Petrus den Store (Petrus the Great or Large whatever you choose to use). It had to do with the license plate letters.

Take me for what I am, Gerrit, and when I insult people I never mean to cause it is just me fooking about meaning no harm even though it may appear different.

Why are you in shock now? Usually you don't seem to be shocked that easily.
I changed my mind. So I replied cause I wanted to. I can change my mind again whenever I want.
Why do you say it is in my best interest to completely ignore you?
You want to spare me? o_O

I know and understand the relation you had with a car.
I had and have something similar with cars too.
I wouldn't say a car has a soul, but it certainly can have a personality.
I always preferred "difficult" cars. Don't know why.
Until I needed one for my job when I made 35.000 til 40.000 a year and had a leased car.
I can appreciate very different type of cars, they all used to have their own special characteristics.
Just like people. :rolleyes:
That is different now, a great deal of them seem to be lookalikes, in presence and technology.
But I know this is all nostalgic feelings remembering the joy I had with them.

Until I needed one for my job when I made 35.000 til 40.000 a year and had a leased car.
I can appreciate very different type of cars, they all used to have their own special characteristics.
That is different now, a great deal of them seem to be lookalikes, in presence and technology.

I'm quite nostalgic for odd cars. The station wagon I bought because it was sound, and really inexpensive. It's funny, the time machine aspect of certain cars. The second I sat inside of it, the blue velour of the bench seats (which are amazingly sofa like and comfortable) and the smell took me back to childhood road trips. Camping, roaring across mountain passes, etc. It's a very soothing feeling. I took the family, including the Great Dane- to the beach yesterday, and packed a cooler full of snacks, much like my parents used to do when I was young. My daughter loves it because she can sit in the front between my wife and I.

I fully agree with you on cars having personalities, by the way. This one is like a big dog, happy to roam, and glad for the company. It's like it has missed its purpose of ferrying a family around, and the summer adventures that brings.

I would love, for my next family car- if I can find one for the right price and do the work to tune it up, would be a Volkswagen Phoenix.
Such a funky, Kubrickian ride!

I changed my mind. So I replied cause I wanted to. I can change my mind again whenever I want.

Soul or personality to me is the same thing more or less. Leasing a car is less risky than owning one and nowadays there are people leasing a car without it being work related.

My olf friend Rolf is a SAAB fanatic and would never drive anything else but he was impressed with my car today cause it looks great for its age cause the previous owner didn't use it much so the mileage is extremely low for its age. In many ways it feels like a brand new car.

I want to spare you from going mad dealing with someone like me cause it comes at a risk unless you take me for what I am, a troll with a soul.

LOL

I hope to leave Solo without everyone hating me guts but that will require hard work from me.

I'm quite nostalgic for odd cars. The station wagon I bought because it was sound, and really inexpensive. It's funny, the time machine aspect of certain cars. The second I sat inside of it, the blue velour of the bench seats (which are amazingly sofa like and comfortable) and the smell took me back to childhood road trips. Camping, roaring across mountain passes, etc. It's a very soothing feeling. I took the family, including the Great Dane- to the beach yesterday, and packed a cooler full of snacks, much like my parents used to do when I was young. My daughter loves it because she can sit in the front between my wife and I.

I fully agree with you on cars having personalities, by the way. This one is like a big dog, happy to roam, and glad for the company. It's like it has missed its purpose of ferrying a family around, and the summer adventures that brings.

I would love, for my next family car- if I can find one for the right price and do the work to tune it up, would be a Volkswagen Phoenix.
Such a funky, Kubrickian ride!

That sure is Kubrick in a car.

Wow!

I wanna know more about the time when you made a lot of dosh and was driving around in rental cars (Volvo I assume?).

A drive in Holland must be like a walk to my local store no matter where you are heading.

Having a Morrissey style ice cream with P this evening.

30e7f7e41f0a17fac5670259e8d3958a--man-candy-alma-matters.jpg

It made me think of that picture.

He is right of course!
But the best way dealing with it is having an ice cream! :D

I wanna know more about the time when you made a lot of dosh and was driving around in rental cars (Volvo I assume?).

A drive in Holland must be like a walk to my local store no matter where you are heading.

I didn't make a lot of dosh, really.
I had an operational background in ICT and experience with big IBM and IBM-based mainframes.
Used to this day by big companies, banks, automotive companies, oilcompanies, industrial companies and such.
I was trained as ICT helpdesk support officer, application control officer and lastly as a Change desk officer.
All training based on ITIL, if it says something to you.
I had, through the years, all these detachments at those companies.

Yes, all my leased cars were Volvo's. I still have a preference for them now.
The traffic here in Holland is hell. The traffic queues are very long and despite investments in infrastructure like building roads, the country is very small and crowded. Whenever there is a relatively small accident on the highway, it creates a traffic infarct cause there is no other way then sitting and waiting and hoping it will resolve. Driving in Sweden must feel like paradise.
I envy you.

I had an operational background in ICT and experience with big IBM and IBM-based mainframes.
Used to this day by big companies, banks, automotive companies, oilcompanies, industrial companies and such.
I was trained as ICT helpdesk support officer, application control officer and lastly as a Change desk officer.

The traffic here in Holland is hell. The traffic queues are very long and despite investments in infrastructure like building roads, the country is very small and crowded. Whenever there is a relatively small accident on the highway, it creates a traffic infarct cause there is no other way then sitting and waiting and hoping it will resolve. Driving in Sweden must feel like paradise.
I envy you.
driving in canada is better! you smelly euros may have better pastries but we have more space! ha! take that!

*been waiting to do that* :p

driving in canada is better! you smelly euros may have better pastries but we have more space! ha! take that!

Yes, I guess I should have see that coming but you're absolutely right about that!
You're a naughty bunny, I know, I just know! :p

Isn't it though? I'm not even offended. I've named it "your mom" because she is also an ugly banger, but quite a fun, noisy, and comfortable ride with plenty of room inside. The similarities were far too many to choose any other name.
Desperate for attention; that's all you are. Well, you'll get it now, only for the wrong reason.
And sure, you're offended, otherwise you wouldn't fight back.

Desperate for attention; that's all you are. Well, you'll get it now, only for the wrong reason.
And sure, you're offended, otherwise you wouldn't fight back.
Not exactly, on either account. It's just a joke. Lighten up, anonymouse.

he's always like that, trust me. very poor attitude and no sense of humour (but everything he says is supposedly hilarious)
So what if I don't have a sense of humour. Does it bother you? Eastern Europeans are like that, it's in our DNA (the seriousness, melancholy, cynicism, sarcasm, pessimism). Yes, I am all of that but I don't look at it as a character flaw, but rather something unique and I embrace it a great deal. Sorry I can't be the Richard Simmons you'd rather me to be.

So what if I don't have a sense of humour. Does it bother you? Eastern Europeans are like that, it's in our DNA (the seriousness, melancholy, cynicism, sarcasm, pessimism). Yes, I am all of that but I don't look at it as a character flaw, but rather something unique and I embrace it a great deal. Sorry I can't be the Richard Simmons you'd rather me to be.
Please don't wear short-shorts on our account. I'm very serious, melancholy, cynical, sarcastic, and pessimistic as well, but in my life, I have to balance that out with humor, or else it will drag me down and hold me in place in a bad way. After all, when you think about all the horrors that life afford a person, it does get pretty hilarious at points.

Please don't wear short-shorts on our account. I'm very serious, melancholy, cynical, sarcastic, and pessimistic as well, but in my life, I have to balance that out with humor, or else it will drag me down and hold me in place in a bad way. After all, when you think about all the horrors that life afford a person, it does get pretty hilarious at points.

Yes, my life is that kind of funny too.

I envy you.

Thanks for the reply and IBM had a big impact of course back in the day. There used to be a IBM plant outside of this town that is still called "The IBM house" and I think it is used as a house for migrants today. I know an old friend of mine started a computer company with a friend and I suspect they do the same type of job as you did although the systems and that have probably changed a bit from back then.

I was driving today and although it can be the hell you describe at times in the town and cities the drive today was like driving in paradise as we were driving through these old rural places where people own summer cottages. But hell was present too with several camp sites here and there.

*shrug*

Volvo is the ultimate company lease car or was until people heard I worked there and happened to "slip" and make some changes but to this day nothing has happened YET.

Keep it coming, I love you when you are like this. One could almost suspect that there is a certain someone in your life cuase you seem more upbeat these days.

Buying dad a pair of Henri Lloyd trainers cause he's been complaining his feet hurt when he walks. No wonder as he was wearing shoes with very thin sole and no bounce support whatsoever.

At first he didn't seem to fancy it but when he put them on he looked in total shock that he could walk without pain. Most old people in Sweden have embraced trainers as a solution for their hurting feet and other problems.

I felt perhaps they would not look good on dad but they looked amazing on him and he will get away with wearing them to most trousers. They even looked better than the pair I bought last summer and as always looking at a picture of them online don't give them justice.

NAV_212000_F944153-NAVr_2.jpg

That store sells things that would make any english hooligan wet their mouth and at a steal price in many cases. Sergio Tacchini shoes and clothes and the winter jacket collection is very impressive.

Then dad bought us dinner so today was a very nice day although he had been there with his woman that passed away this spring but I admire him for the way he handles setbacks in life and never lets it get a grip on him. He always had an amazing way of moving on no matter what.

Maybe an as an ex pro cyclist he learned that you might lose tempo here and there but it is the finish that matters.

Eh?...don't wear short-shorts? What on earth does it mean?
You might think I am this gloom grouch in need of some help, but I enjoy being what I am and won't change a thing about it. It was not always a walk in the park for me, and more often than not I feel like a wolf among the sheep, but that is my choice and I won't try to "balance myself out" to reach the optimum equilibrium.

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom