What concert/show are you going to go to next?

Modest Mouse at the US Open Surf Championship in Huntington Beach. It's a concert in the sand in the middle of the afternoon and it's hot as hell out. And I get ear aches at the beach. It will no doubt be miserable/amazing. :D Also the price is right.

PSYCHEDELIC FURS! 1 AUG in Nashville. YAY! Blondie is playing on 30 SEP, but tix are starting at $71, so I'll have to sit that show out.

Flaming Lips on Wednesday.

Went to see the Psychedelic Furs in Nashville TN last night. Setlist was AMAZING! They played for about an hour and a half with 2 encore songs- Pretty in Pink and Sleep Comes Down. The venue was small and intimate (maybe held 2600 people)- War Memorial Auditorium- built in the 1920's, very art deco. Not even half full, so I left my seat in the balcony and went down to the dance floor and actually got up to the stage (old folks don't fight you for a place at the front!) Richard Butler shook my hand! VERY COOL! Had a great time! It was like going to a school dance and The Furs playing!

Breeders performing Last Splash in it's entirety at the El Rey late August. Tickets went on sale today, might be able to get one still. :cool:

Unless something else comes up in the meantime Neutral Milk Hotel in...January. I've been listening to On the Avery Island almost on loop for the last few days in anticipation.

Kicking off my Many Concerts In A Row To Go To a week from tonight with Pinback. Whoop!

Karen Kilgariff is doing a live recording of an album at the Bootleg this Sunday. $8. She's technically a comedian (saw her open for Patton Oswalt and fell in love) but she does most of her set with a guitar so she's technically a musician too. Hilarious lady.

Blur and the Pet Shop Boys at the Berlin Festival. Franz Ferdinand also in Berlin.
And the very wonderful Torpus and the Art Directors at the Reeperbahn Festival.

Pixies sans Kim Deal on the same stage I just saw The Breeders. It'll be like seeing Johnny Marr and Morrissey in the same month at the same venue. :D

Agida, agida, agida!!!!!!!

Modest Mouse at the miniscule Glass House on my birthday? Are you joking? Tix go on sale at noon. :pray:

I CAN'T STAND THESE ELEVEN MINUTES!

:ahhh::rock::D

9686036877_57d923bc04.jpg

The last time I saw them was at a festival with 10,000 people. The Glass House capacity is 600.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom