What concert/show are you going to go to next?

The Fall next week
Public Service Broadcasting the day after
Then Hay-on-Wye literature festival (don't actually know who I'm going to see at the moment apart from Andy Weatherall, Philip Glass, Irvine Welsh and Paul Theroux)
Siouxsie at Royal Festival Hall and
Bruce Springsteen with my mum cos she loves him and I bought tickets for her birthday

Lovely jubbly. Summer is here.

Saw Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine at the Metro on Saturday night. Just superb ! Set highlight was surely "Holiday In Cambodia". For a man in his late fifties , Jello was astonishingly dynamic , gyrating and bopping for the whole two hours ...

I was thinking about going to see Bjork at the Palladium but $160? Eff that ess. :squiffy: It's a shitty flat venue too, it's a dance hall, I'm only 5'6" so I'd be paying $200 to see the back of some Bjork fan's head. (My Great Aunt Dot and Uncle Wiggy used to go ballroom dancing there, they'd drive all the way from Arcadia to Hollywood to dance and compete. :o)

It was really bad! The sound was poor and the bass was 20times louder than anything else, Wish I'd stayed at home and listened to the album instead, Only the 2nd time I've walked out of a gig.

Good to know, I'll skip it then.

Say a prayer we get into John Fogerty! :pray: Sometimes totally last minute + no ticket = win! :p

Wanna hear a voice that'll crash your ship into the rocks? Terra Lopez of Sister Crayon. THey're opening for Bosnian Rainbows tonight at First Unitarian. I have no interest in a Mars Volta side project or turtlenecks, but I need my Terra fix, she's amazing. I might stay for rainbows if I'm too tipsy to drive, hell I might be on here tomorrow typing "You've GOT to check out this band!!!!" :p

Smash the stereotypes, people.

998995_569886209725954_869432147_n.jpg

The Psychedelic Furs- 1 AUG in Nashville. BLONDIE has just announced a 30 SEP tour date in Nashville @ The Ryman (same venue Moz was supposed to play on 29 MAR)....better roll my pennies!

Metalachi, full mariachi band that plays metal faves. In Macarthur Park. :D SHould be amazing.

homepageslidergroup1-980x418.jpg

Belle & Sebastian, Santa Barbara Bowl

I think I mentioned it ages ago but looking forward to it in a week.

The Psychedelic Furs- 1 AUG in Nashville. BLONDIE has just announced a 30 SEP tour date in Nashville @ The Ryman (same venue Moz was supposed to play on 29 MAR)....better roll my pennies!

Just got back from seeing them in Pershing Square. REALLY good show, plays all the hits and his voice was lovely.

Back
Top Bottom