What concert/show are you going to go to next?

this year is already shaping up nicely:

Editors/The Antlers, Cold Cave and Moving Units in Feb
Xiu Xiu, Thee Oh Sees and Small Black spread out through March
Coachella April 16-18
Ricky Gervais and The National in May

also, Foals have finished their new album and are expected to start touring this spring/summer!

Ahh! I wanna see Ricky Gervaaais!

Henry Rollins - Feb 20th.

Gordon Lightfoot - March 4th @ The Spartanburg, SC Auditorium:thumb:
I am really looking forward to this..:)

Doll and the kicks tomorrow night in Liverpool

Lady Gaga 18th Feb in Manchester

Frank Turner March in Manchester

he's doing two shows at Nokia. i've been listening to his hilarious podcasts and i'm hoping they'll be up to that level.

Yeah, I saw that he was doing two days at the Nokia, however, unfortunately I'm broke!

But I did manage to get tickets to Faith No More in SF =D.

Reasons to live in Glasgow No. 5465:

Fionn Regan, tomorrow night, sold out King Tuts show which is bound to be special THEN Midlake on Monday, sold out ABC show....music life is good:)

DATK last night in Brum, really good to see them again. Next up First Aid Kit then Thomas Dolby.

Max Raabe and Palast Orchester - March 4th, NYC.

A great, great cabaret singer, with a great, great orchestra:

Max is talented, charismatic, and has a wicked dry sense of humor; the band is immaculate. What a great show.

Last edited by a moderator:
DATK last night in Brum, really good to see them again. Next up First Aid Kit then Thomas Dolby.

I was there as well :).

Got tickets for Courteeners in Brum in March, and Idlewild in London in April, and will probably go to Frightened Rabbit in Brum in March as well.

just saw the epic lineup of Best Coast/Smith Westerns/Cold Cave at the nearly impossible to find Glass House in Pomona. how about a sign guys? thankfully there was a line outside or i'd never have found it!

Best Coast is great Lo-Fi shoegaze and tore through about 40 2 minute songs that all rocked to some degree.

Smith Westerns i had never heard before but they were great. really catchy...somewhat similar to Best Coast but more refined. i'll definitely itunes these guys. hideously ugly band though. jeez!

second time seeing Cold Cave and they were even better than the last. everyone was dancing. another variation of the lineup, this time a 4 piece with no Coralee but with a live drummer. Dominick Fernow manned the merch table himself after the show. i bought a shirt and thought about getting him to sign something...but he's kinda....intense

I was there as well :).

Got tickets for Courteeners in Brum in March, and Idlewild in London in April, and will probably go to Frightened Rabbit in Brum in March as well.

nice one it looks like we will be at the same place a few more times

The Magnetic Fields in Oakland on the 27th :guitar:
then again here in SF on March 1st :)

nice. when they were here on the east coast last year, we followed them from, i think it was, NJ to Ohio, to Philadelphia, to NYC. same friggin set list every night, and i had e-mailed claudia questioningly prior to the tour asking if there were going to be differing set lists, but there definitely were not, and she e-mailed me back after the tour and kinda apologized for it, ahhaha. but it was still really fun; their banter between songs is enough to do the traveling.

march 11 is magnetic fields in NYC, then we're leaving IMMEDIATELY to florida for the harvest of hope festival with billy bragg, the mountain goats, kimya dawson, off with their heads, andrew jackson jihad, amongst many, many others. also going to try and catch the solo tMG show on the 14th before heading back to jersey.

25-1.jpg

:thumb:

reason 5467 to live in Glasgow:

The Wonder Stuff (21st April = ABC)
Naked Classics; Shostakovich (24th April = RCH)
Ash (27th April = ABC)
The Wedding Present (16th July..... okay, it's in England, but sure they'll play ABC again in November:D)

saw Xiu Xiu on St. Patrick's Day. amazing stuff! Jamie Stewart is very polite during sound check

"...if you could spare a little more [volume] on the guitar, that would be great...if not, that's okay..."

opening act Noveller was really good; a one woman experimental guitar ambient act. some amazing texture with just a guitar and a loop pedal

the second band, Tune Yards, was literally THEE worst band i've ever seen live... and i've seen Korn and Nite Jewel. you know when you're working out, doing yoga or getting a root canal and you just focus on an object to take your mind off the pain? i was doing that for their whole set. TY's consist of two members: a douchey bass player and a loud and obnoxious singer/ukulele player/drummer

EVERY song starts with the singer yodeling or making ga ga goo goo noises into a looper, then she thumps out some "ironic" hip hop beats, then turns the looper back on and sings like Janis Joplin.

the worst part is that the entire crowd loved them.

thankfully Xiu Xiu played a nice loud set complete with Nintendo DS solos, screeching oscillators and duck calls.

i got a pink shirt that says "I :love: Xiu Xiu & Cats" and it was only the second gayest bit of merch available

Back
Top Bottom