What classical music do you like

Traditional things, haven't experimented too much.

Of course piano works by Debussy and Satie especially.
Ravel's water music, etc.
Rachmaninov's piano concertos (the good ones, you know which I'm talking about)
I love Messian's Quartet For The End Of Time, but it's very hard for me to listen to any of his other works, especially organ pieces. So very dissonant!

There's a lot more of course.
Recently a lot of Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet.

Cod, you're up.

I'm not a big fan of classical music so I guess my choices are quite banal... Beethoven's Symphony no. 7, Bach's Goldberg Variations (Glenn Gould's early version, naturally).... Stravinsky's Rite of Spring is great too, though I'm not sure I understand what's going on there...

When I was a kid my favorite was Ravel's Bolero, i think i've heard it in Ephesus first. Than it became very boring (20 mins same thing!).. Now i don't listen classical music that much, but my all time favorites are:
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture (there was a Swingle Singers version of it, it was very successful)
Chopin - Mazurka Op 68 No 2 in A minor (2:54 quite tolerable...)
Tchaikovsky - Capriccio Italien, Op. 45
Tchaikovsky - Marche Slave, Op. 35

Yes, I love Tchaikovsky...

i like beethoven's 5th (the one with that famous intro), mozart's "eine kleine nachtmusik," grieg's "peer gynt - morning," boccherini's minuet from string quartet in E minor... all obvious choices i'm afraid :o

Foremost would be Gustav Mahler, whom I apprize above every other composer; Anton Bruckner; Tchaikovsky; Debussy; Samuel Barber; Shostakovich...

Some "Romantic" composers ~ Hector Berlioz, Robert Schumann, Richard Wagner ~

I also enjoy modern religious minimalisim: Henryk Górecki, Arvo Pärt, John Tavener, Sofia Gubaidulina.

Beloved compositions (slapdash): Mozart's wind concertos; "Fountains of Rome" - Ottorino Respighi; John Field's nocturnes; "Dance of the Blessed Spirts" - Gluck; "Adagio for Organ and Strings" - Tomaso Albinoni; Symphony no 8 (Unfinished) - Schubert; "Coppélia: Notturno" - Léo Delibes; "Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis" - Ralph Vaughan Williams; a select few of Grieg's Lyric Pieces; "Violin Concerto" - Alban Berg; more.

Bach. I 'discovered' the Brandenburg Concertos the same year I bought the first Smith's Album ('84). Been divided ever since.

Wagner for the opera, Beethoven and Schubert for what's left

I listen to a lot of "classical" music, but nothing composed before Mozart, except Bach and a few Haendel pieces, and nothing composed after Britten except Arvo Pärt

Il I had to make a list, without order but alphabetical, it would be something like :

Bach
Beethoven
Berlioz
Britten
Mozart
Part
Schubert
Stravinsky
Tchaïkovski
Wagner

alexander scriabin.
his notion of synesthsia was fascinating.
he wanted to perform his poem of fire on everest and test whether it could induce the apocalypse.
o and his music is staggeringly intense and thrillingly beautiful.

oh and joyce...perhaps all those egg whites used to stiffen your hair during your years as a nobody with "victim" seeped into your brain leaving you mindless...in any case spare us your cultural malaise.

Prokofiev, Tchaikowsky and I've been very impressed by 'The rite of spring' by Stravinsky. I also like some compositions of Brahms, Wagner, Berlioz... and the French composer E. Satie especially for the 'Gymnopédies' and 'Gnosiennes'.

Oh, I see many of you are experts. Can you guide me a little (sorry to be a bit off topic) cause I would love to listen to more classical music, but just don't know where to start. I really like powerful and dramatic stuff like Beethovens 9th, Wagner's Ring and Carmina Burana. What do you think I would also like?

Wagner
Sibelius
Bax
Vaughan Williams
Mahler
Strauss(R)
Nielsen
Schubert
Schumann
Berg
Tallis
Liszt