What Beatles song would you like to see Morrissey do?

I love seeing the screaming girls. I was like that when I saw Duran Duran. A long time ago. I was crying when I got squashed in the door going in though 😭

Pragmatically speaking, I could see him "crooning" a song that has an element of sadness to it. It might have to be something along the lines of "Yesterday", "Blackbird", "Eleanor Rigby" or something like that.

IF the band has a great deal of say as to what they wanted to do, I could see them throw in something like Helter Skelter where Morrissey would be able to present an element of rage to the song.

The thing with the Beatles is that they really are the hype. They experimented and produced such a wide variety of music that any artist of any genre of music can pick a song out of their catalog and make it their own. Phish, Tony Bennett, Zac Brown, Stevie Wonder, Fiona Apple, Eddie Vedder... the list goes on...

I even remember the DJ Dangermouse "Grey album" that mixed the Beatles White Album with Jay Z's Black Album which established the point that timelessness of the Beatles ability to be adapted or interpreted for any musical genre...

I would like to hear him sing "The Long and Winding Road":

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day
Why leave me standing here
Let me know the way

Many times I've been alone
And many times I′ve cried
Anyway, you'll never know
The many ways I've tried

Don't Bother Me for some quirky offhandedness and Paperback Writer for more.

Happiness Is A Warm Gun would have been great too, come to to think of it...

I would like to hear him sing "The Long and Winding Road":

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day

Why leave me standing here
Let me know the way

Many times I've been alone
And many times I′ve cried
Anyway, you'll never know
The many ways I've tried

I love this song, but those are some poor lyrics.

I'm surprised he's never covered Love of the Loved. (I know the Beatles never released it properly but they performed it at their Decca audition.)

When I'm 64.

Alot of people on here might say none which fair enough and I know Morrissey has never particularly liked The Beatles although I have read he admired a few of their songs.
Personally I would love to see him sing She’s leaving home I think he would do an incredible version of it.
Other mentions: I’m so tired, I me mine and Because.
In My Life

Back
Top Bottom