What bands / solo artists would you like to see that you have never seen ?

I have always wanted to see Bryan Ferry, PJ Harvey, and Lydia Lunch. Ferry and Harvey do tour the states, but never directly in MY state, or they only hit the "important ones" on their north american tours (New York, etc.) I'm in CO, and for some reason it always shocks me since We have all the marijuana, and so you would think that anyone would want to visit here because of all the traffic it could provide. (Snoop Dog always shows up, but I would prefer someone that has substance, and NOT substance abuse). Lydia Lunch, on the hand, seems to be content with her europhile exclusivity. And of course, MORRISSEY. I am late to the party, only recently discovering him through World Peace, and stubbornly not buying tickets for a show that he actually WENT THROUGH WITH just a couple days before he scrapped the tour in midst of rumors, repeated jokes, his cancer diagnosis.

However, I have seen Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds twice at different spots for Push The Sky Away. He doesn't disappoint, but I do sincerely hope that he gets Warren Ellis out of the band, or refuses to hand him a guitar. Blixa Bargeld was chief of guitar, Ellis just makes noise and looks like a wino off the street. Each time I ran into Nick Cave, he was an additional peg of snobbery. First time I asked if he could sign my LP of Henry's Dream and he laughed, "Yeah, I wrote that" so when I asked him if he could sign it he shook his head and continued his business. Mind you, I did ask him to sign it DURING the concert, but I had a pen and he was already telling stories to the crowd. Second time at another venue he sneered at my request to play "Let Love In" and told me to promptly "shut up, motherf***er".

The Stones are touring North America again this summer. I passed up their Staples show for Built to Spill at the Troub that my friend will NEVER live down, I'll definitely not miss them this time 'round. :D

I have always wanted to see Bryan Ferry, PJ Harvey, and Lydia Lunch. Ferry and Harvey do tour the states, but never directly in MY state, or they only hit the "important ones" on their north american tours (New York, etc.) I'm in CO, and for some reason it always shocks me since We have all the marijuana, and so you would think that anyone would want to visit here because of all the traffic it could provide. (Snoop Dog always shows up, but I would prefer someone that has substance, and NOT substance abuse). Lydia Lunch, on the hand, seems to be content with her europhile exclusivity. And of course, MORRISSEY. I am late to the party, only recently discovering him through World Peace, and stubbornly not buying tickets for a show that he actually WENT THROUGH WITH just a couple days before he scrapped the tour in midst of rumors, repeated jokes, his cancer diagnosis.

However, I have seen Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds twice at different spots for Push The Sky Away. He doesn't disappoint, but I do sincerely hope that he gets Warren Ellis out of the band, or refuses to hand him a guitar. Blixa Bargeld was chief of guitar, Ellis just makes noise and looks like a wino off the street. Each time I ran into Nick Cave, he was an additional peg of snobbery. First time I asked if he could sign my LP of Henry's Dream and he laughed, "Yeah, I wrote that" so when I asked him if he could sign it he shook his head and continued his business. Mind you, I did ask him to sign it DURING the concert, but I had a pen and he was already telling stories to the crowd. Second time at another venue he sneered at my request to play "Let Love In" and told me to promptly "shut up, motherf***er".
That's a damn funny story:lbf:

Interpol

Kraftwerk

Paul McCartney 25 years ago

Courtney Barnett

Kitchens of Distinction

The Stones are touring North America again this summer. I passed up their Staples show for Built to Spill at the Troub that my friend will NEVER live down, I'll definitely not miss them this time 'round. :D

Hollywood Bowl, late May! I'm there. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom