What bands / solo artists would you like to see that you have never seen ?

I went to see Television last year at Rough Trade's new Brooklyn outpost. Incredible show! And yeah, I never ever thought I'd have the chance.

I was just telling my husband how glad I am that I went to see Suede on their first couple of tours. I hope I'm able to see them again someday. I've really been enjoying Bloodsports.

Are you going to catch the Bunnymen this time around?

Bloodsports is the exemplar of a properly-executed reunion album. My only gripes are the preponderance of "slowies" at the end of the album and the failure to include "Darkest Days" on the track listing. I envy anybody who had a chance to see them in the early-mid Nineties. Losing the right to use the name "Suede" in the US really rankled them - they've largely regarded the States with unequivocal apathy since. I don't think A New Morning was even given a domestic US release. (Of course, no big loss there and then!)

Alas, no Bunnymen. Somehow I missed the boat that they were in Chicago at Metro last night. Saw the marquee from a distance and that's about it. That's OK - I've been playing catch up. I haven't listened to Siberia or Meteorites yet. I just got Evergreen last week - and I quite like it.

wow how could i forget the pixies. i loved there new album especially snakes. i saw rediohead at merryweather when they were touring the bends opening for alanis morriset. greta memory

I saw the Pixies open for U2 during the Zoo tv tour- I found them boring also saw Black Flag twice with Dez- They sucked when they let Rollins joined the group.

My answer is Morrissey, yes I know, been a fan since 2003 but he doesn't like China I think

disagree about rollins and am of the opposite opinion. im not a big fan of the singles or e.p years. theyre alright but really boring and dont add up to much music. i mean morris only sang on 18 min of music and dez couldnt sing for long without going mute from horseness. damaged is of course great and makes me wanna spaypaint the walls but i love albums like in my head and loose nut just as much and would love to have seen songs like i can see you preformed back in the day. out of all the members of black flag im a greg g fan first and foremost (he wrote all the lyrics and music so duh). i think flag has some cool musicians in it but i dont like the way they streamline the sound to power chords in a lot of places and the whole thing just seems dumbed down.

MI0001852783.jpg

disagree about rollins and am of the opposite opinion. im not a big fan of the singles or e.p years. theyre alright but really boring and dont add up to much music. i mean morris only sang on 18 min of music and dez couldnt sing for long without going mute from horseness. damaged is of course great and makes me wanna spaypaint the walls but i love albums like in my head and loose nut just as much and would love to have seen songs like i can see you preformed back in the day. out of all the members of black flag im a greg g fan first and foremost (he wrote all the lyrics and music so duh). i think flag has some cool musicians in it but i dont like the way they streamline the sound to power chords in a lot of places and the whole thing just seems dumbed down.

My War was the first actual punk rock album I ever owned, and it took me YEARS to appreciate side 2. I now think Rollins is my favorite singer of the band. The best lineup IMO was Henry/Greg/Kira/Bill. A machine.

i would say henry, chuck, bill, greg. never really dug my war that much. i think its my least fav of the albums though of course im a fan. in my head is probably my fav followed by slip it in (starting to get jazzier there) and then damaged. rollins was for sure the best singer as i cant take morris and the others were more or less just fill ins and they sound it. the early stuff while good and fine just doesnt interest me much anymore. for me black flag starts with damaged. i was never into the overly straight ahead hardcore if you know what i mean. give me the germs, geza and the screamers any day.

I love straight up hardcore, but I like my Black Flag with a little craziness in there. Their best actual album is Damaged but I can honestly get down with all of the Rollins era albums, proper. Loose Nut is an underrated gem.

yeah but i can only take so much minor threat and that style of hardcore boston is not l.a etc. its like owning multiple pennywise albums (i do though). it just doesnt make much sense to me cause theyre all the same after a while. i liked social d and stuff like that where theyd put theyre own more unique style on the music even if it was lifted from retro rock and roll or just super avant guard like flipper. the adolescents were a cool hardcore band.

yeah but i can only take so much minor threat and that style of hardcore boston is not l.a etc. its like owning multiple pennywise albums (i do though). it just doesnt make much sense to me cause theyre all the same after a while. i liked social d and stuff like that where theyd put theyre own more unique style on the music even if it was lifted from retro rock and roll or just super avant guard like flipper. the adolescents were a cool hardcore band.

I love The Freeze and The Proletariat (aka, This is Boston, Not LA).

Rikk Agnew from The Adolescents is probably one of my favorite guitarists of all time. I was super bummed to miss his current touring band at the Blank a few weeks ago. D.I. was D.I. for his writing only.

Rollins always reminded me of the jock BS that was wrong with the world. I also love Misfits but Danzig turned out the same to me.

When I think hardcore I don't think Pennywise, but then that was years after what I was listening to so it's probably just me. I grew up on SJ hardcore like

Los Olvidados:

The Faction:

And stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cursive

Elvis, Frank, Michael, Ian Curtis, Jason Molina, Ramones are all dead. The Smiths disbanded. The rest I've seen.

good choice. whats your fav cursive album

Tim's one of my favourite lyricists/songwriters. Very, very personal to me. Favourite Cursive album? Probably Domestica. But I love the first two as well. And Ugly Organ

super cool. of course the ugly organ is something else but yeah thats pretty awesome you chose domestica ( a surprise). i like early storms of summer and i cant remember the other maybe s/t alright but happy hollow is also really good if a little thin in production. did you get into the solo stuff at all like cold love etc. thought it was hit and miss but when it hit it was great

super cool. of course the ugly organ is something else but yeah thats pretty awesome you chose domestica ( a surprise). i like early storms of summer and i cant remember the other maybe s/t alright but happy hollow is also really good if a little thin in production. did you get into the solo stuff at all like cold love etc. thought it was hit and miss but when it hit it was great

You're referring to Such Blinding Stars for Starving Eyes, that's the debut.

I like all things Tim. Solo, Good Life and Cursive. I adore The Good Life. Tim's in my opinion one of most consistently good songwriters out there. And most underrated and overlooked.

You're referring to Such Blinding Stars for Starving Eyes, that's the debut.

I like all things Tim. Solo, Good Life and Cursive. I adore The Good Life. Tim's in my opinion one of most consistently good songwriters out there. And most underrated and overlooked.

agreed and thanks. the good life is great to write something stupid. what did you think of gemeni? to me that was only so so and the solo stuff like i said was hit or miss but when it hit it was really good like no fire works or cold love. he seemed to be trying to branch out and try new things so im not faulting but it wasnt as consistant. must be hard though as hes put out so much fantastic work. some red handed slight of hand is one of my favorite song ever. pease god above in heaven save me from the wreck im about to drown in, didnt i learn anything is something ive said to myself over and over and over

Back
Top Bottom