What are your (musical!) guilty pleasures? As a Moz-fan, a Mozbot, a hatebot or whatever

I'm writing here in my function as a hatebot. Im more or less immune to mainstream love songs. Sometimes I rediscover old favs of my youth, like Europes Final Countdown that really kicked me off in my Teens, also bon jovi, dead or alive, that threw me into unknown emotional turmoils then. At the moment, while in the process of rediscover ing, after many years of Not having been able to Listen to any music at all, I notice that these golden Oldies quickly wear off after one or two Days, anyway letting me experience the former excitement and exhilaration again like a Shooting Star quickly Passing by.
The Bellamy Brothers Let your love Shine remains though as a happy experience, maybe because it was one of the first songs ive ever listened to, lifted up by one of my parents, radio on, and Dancing through the tiny kitchen. I had to give some of my colleagues a Lift homeone night, and the cd suddenly played this Song. I blushed, I did, but my loyalty will remain.

I believe you are referring to Let Your Love Flow. One of my favorites too. It is the musical Narcan to the heroine morose feeling of everyday life. It shakes the cob webs loose, opens the blinds and lets the light in...if only for a little while.

Whoops...almost forgot Bay City Rollers anyone? :D :guitar: :rock:

Last edited:
so we are to believe then that there is nothing regarding the auditory realm that you would like to solemnly declare?

underlined and rated for pomposity.:sleeping:

oh Quando ! see what you started !? :lbf:

Yes, sorry, but than again, I'm not sorry :D
It demonstrates Moz-fans, Mozbots and hatebots alike are not that one dimensional in their musical tastes as they might seem.
Just thought it could be interesting.
You never know what might hit you, suddenly something you hear grabs you and you wonder why.
I like that.
Off topic: I experienced this not so long ago with the Icelandic band Sigur Ros.
There is still so much music to find out.
I hope you like the thread :thumb:

Last edited:
so we are to believe then that there is nothing regarding the auditory realm that you would like to solemnly declare?

underlined and rated for pomposity.:sleeping:
i was being a spanish inquisitor! i dont know how they speak :(

i was being a spanish inquisitor! i dont know how they speak :(

Spanish? :)
I like your very well placed pomposity!
See, you are playful with language.
Nothing wrong with that.
He or she should be thankful to you for having a good nap. :thumb:

Hey, Bay City Rollers "Saturday Night" is nothing to feel guilty about. Glam pop at it's best.

OK, but I need a ruling on riding my bike four miles to the closest store that sold records to buy the 45 of Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee.

Guilty pleasure, or just plain guilty? :)

I used to buy Elton John singles. He got me to start listening to The Who.

When you say "store that sold records" I'm guessing it was a Sears or something. I used to buy records at places like that before the town I lived in had real record stores. I'm wondering what other singles were on the charts that week. Sometimes the top 20 was all that was available in stores like that. I bought Alice Cooper and David Bowie records in stores like Sears. And lots of Elton John. He was like a gateway drug to real rock music.

I used to buy Elton John singles. He got me to start listening to The Who.

When you say "store that sold records" I'm guessing it was a Sears or something. I used to buy records at places like that before the town I lived in had real record stores. I'm wondering what other singles were on the charts that week. Sometimes the top 20 was all that was available in stores like that. I bought Alice Cooper and David Bowie records in stores like Sears. And lots of Elton John. He was like a gateway drug to real rock music.

It was Kmart and...August 7, 1976...

1 5 DON’T GO BREAKING MY HEART –•– Elton John and Kiki Dee (Rocket)-6 (1 week at #1)
2 2 LOVE IS ALIVE –•– Gary Wright (Warner Brothers)-17
3 3 MOONLIGHT FEELS RIGHT –•– Starbuck (Private Stock)-17
4 10 LET ‘EM IN –•– Wings (Capitol)-6
5 11 YOU SHOULD BE DANCING –•– The Bee Gees (RSO)-6
6 8 ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC –•– The Beach Boys (Brother)-10
7 7 GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE –•– The Beatles (Capitol)-9
8 1 KISS AND SAY GOODBYE –•– The Manhattans (Columbia)-17
9 13 YOU’LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE –•– Lou Rawls (Philadelphia International)-10
10 4 AFTERNOON DELIGHT –•– The Starland Vocal Band (Windsong)-14

Guilty pleasure 1,000,000 #10

I was going to write it could have been worse and then you chose the one that was worse.
55238752.jpg

:eek: :confused: :( :tears: :crazy: :thumb: :p

I haven't even hit the ground floor yet...let alone entered the bowels of pop music. You asked for it...and I bet you won't even make it more than a few seconds in :D

I think early Elton was very good. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was one of the best albums ever made.

Donna Summer was great, too. I mean, hello.

Last edited:

I lurves me sum Donna Summer! She is a true guilty pleasure. I think Elton is too mainstream and generally held in high regard, which makes it difficult for me to consider his music a GP.

The "Disco" era was a delicious ear garden of GPs. White bell-bottom jeans, shirts that snapped instead of buttoned, and thick, rubber soled shoes. :horny: Oh yeah, I was living the dream.

JRaljZ

Back
Top Bottom