What are your (musical!) guilty pleasures? As a Moz-fan, a Mozbot, a hatebot or whatever

Quando quando quando

I will start with mine:
At the moment it is a CD called: Best of the Corrs :o
It is a very commercial, probably hit oriented but very well produced album.

I know they were popular at the time and you could here them a lot on the radio.
For some reason I quite enjoy there music, and I feel a little bit ashamed at the same time.
There is a somewhat uplifting feeling every time I listen to their album.

Though their music, lyrically is not that great, every time I hear their first song on the album (Would You Be Happier?) I get that feeling. Offcourse those girls, all sisters I believe, are handsome and attractive which does it's bit too, I suppose. Well, for me that is. ;)
And I like the Irish feel of it. The typical Irish sound, the flute and general atmosphere.

So, what's your quilty pleasure?

Pleasure that makes you feel guilty? I don't feel guilty about liking pop music but if I didn't like the artist I guess I would. I have liked songs by Kanye West, for example, and I really dislike him. Luckily the last few he did made no impression. I can't even remember them.

I will start with mine:
At the moment it is a CD called: Best of the Corrs :o
It is a very commercial, probably hit oriented but very well produced album.

I know they were popular at the time and you could here them a lot on the radio.
For some reason I quite enjoy there music, and I feel a little bit ashamed at the same time.
There is a somewhat uplifting feeling every time I listen to their album.

Though their music, lyrically is not that great, every time I hear their first song on the album (Would You Be Happier?) I get that feeling. Offcourse those girls, all sisters I believe, are handsome and attractive which does it's bit too, I suppose. Well, for me that is. ;)
And I like the Irish feel of it. The typical Irish sound, the flute and general atmosphere.

So, what's your quilty pleasure?

I love The Corrs! I saw a special on TV and they sung a duet with Bono that gets me every time...

SUPER guilty pleasure!

sad note...I got their CD from my uncle's estate after he passed, and this song in particular touched me very deeply.

I can't say I've ever felt guilty or embarassed about liking a song

Pleasure that makes you feel guilty? I don't feel guilty about liking pop music but if I didn't like the artist I guess I would. I have liked songs by Kanye West, for example, and I really dislike him. Luckily the last few he did made no impression. I can't even remember them.

Thanks Cl, you've understood perfectly what I meant.
Your guilty pleasure is Kanya West. :brows:
Cheers

Morrissey. Because everyone on this forum says it's abnormal to listen to him, but I just can't help it! Anyways, I like feeling guilty. :p

You're funny.
Maybe I should have added except Morrissey.
And I share that feeling.
The more everyone says it's abnormal to listen to him the more I enjoy it. :p

I love The Corrs! I saw a special on TV and they sung a duet with Bono that gets me every time...

SUPER guilty pleasure!

sad note...I got their CD from my uncle's estate after he passed, and this song in particular touched me very deeply.

Ah, its nice to know somebody has that same feeling about the Corrs!
Cheers, evennow

oh god, this really is embarrassing, but it's gotta be said: i kind of enjoy vnv nation. that's not something i generally tell people. however. 'beloved' is great. :cool:

I grew up laying around the house while my mother cleaned and listened to Barry Manilow. Admittedly, I have 3 or 4 Manilow songs on my playlist, but NONE of them are Copacabana. That song is vomit inducing.

I grew up laying around the house while my mother cleaned and listened to Barry Manilow. Admittedly, I have 3 or 4 Manilow songs on my playlist, but NONE of them are Copacabana. That song is vomit inducing.

Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again
This One's For You
Looks Like We Made It

And there is one last one...what can it be...I can't remember...give me a minute...it will come to me...oh yeah...EVEN NOW!!!

Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again
This One's For You
Looks Like We Made It

And there is one last one...what can it be...I can't remember...give me a minute...it will come to me...oh yeah...EVEN NOW!!!
Nice :) I'll take 'Looks Like We Made It' & 'Even Now'....(related???)

Nice :) I'll take 'Looks Like We Made It' & 'Even Now'....(related???)

Actually....no, but maybe in some subconscious way it was always there in the background. Once you let Barry in your life he's a part of it forever :thumb:

Whilst we regress...Bread, Air Supply, Bee Gees, America, England Dan & John Ford Coley are a good start as these are calorie free guilty pleasures :microphone:

' these are calorie free guilty pleasures '

yes, ' calorie free ', but you will pay with your... soul ! be damned ! all of you ! :lbf: ;)

Gladly, I will spend an eternity in hell if 70s soft rock was pumped through the speakers. You want to go there? Oh I will...Debbie Boone, Marie Osmond oh yeah... I went there. You have no idea the musical depths I am willing to sink to and LOVE!

I am willing to challenge anyone to a guilty pleasure off unless that is somehow inappropriate. :oops:

You rang..:babyangel:

OMG...so much to answer for...Wham!, Britney Spears, Right Said Fred and pretty much every one hit wonder from the eighties. Too many to count really.
I hated Wham! but I liked a couple of George Michael songs and I didn't tell anyone. What is the video where he and that guy that didn't do anything are at a ski lodge pretending to be in heterosexual relationships?

I can enjoy this one for the 80's fa-shun.
I guess I can't talk because I bought a Sting album once.

To me guilty pleasure is like, I liked that Janet Jackson song, "Love Will Never Do Without You." I hardly want to admit that. That's scraping the barrel.

oh god, this really is embarrassing, but it's gotta be said: i kind of enjoy vnv nation. that's not something i generally tell people. however. 'beloved' is great. :cool:

I know that feeling too well Rifke.
I still feel embarrassed I ever liked ABC, The Look Of Love and other songs too from them. :o
Same with Relax from Frankie goes to Hollywood.
I was naive and had no idea it was considered too be very gay. :confused:
People started to look at me with a strange look in their eyes. :paranoid:
I still like the music.

'Confess' ? What, is this the Spanish Inquisition ? :lbf:

I mean I don't mind radio pop music from the 80's 70's, in passing I could enjoy a well crafted catchy song, but it doesn't mean I'd run out and buy the damn thing. Hope my Diamanda post didn't scare too many people, just thought this thread can use a little balance. Oh, gotta go, I see Biebs has made a request. :lbf:
so we are to believe then that there is nothing regarding the auditory realm that you would like to solemnly declare? before i warm up the pincers preparatory to tearing the skin from your bones, are you sure that there isnt a little something you would like to confess?

biebs! get the pincers! we've got a stubborn one!

:p

also, every thread could use a little la galas ;)

Back
Top Bottom