Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Arrested Development
The Flight of the Conchords
Father Ted
Blackbooks
Spaced
The Wire
The Golden Girls

I haven't rewatched My so-called life in years. I don't want to ruin the memory. I started high school the year it aired and really related to Angela. I did have an Angela-esque moment recently though. I warned myself not to declare myself over a guy and then find out I'm not.
I've never related to a tv character since.

Riget (The Kingdom) by Lars von Trier.

And,

The Wire
Six Feet Under
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Seinfeld
Twin Peaks
Berlin Alexanderplatz

Last edited by a moderator:
For all the TV I watch, I really watch very little outside of about 5 channels.

I've seen a lot of shows mentioned that I have really enjoyed, but either never had regular access to, or could never remember to watch to have seen them enough to call them favorites... My viewing consists mostly of cartoons and syndicated shows like Matlock, Murder, She Wrote, and Golden Girls.

I do have a fondness for a lot of [adult swim]/Williams Street original programming as well... I really like their campy, low-brow approach to surrealism and the absurd (It's even within my grasp! :) ), as well as their anarchistic "anything goes" approach to programming/content. But, as far as adult swim's non-original programming is concerned, I am sick to death of seeing Seth MacFarland creations, American Dad being the sole exception... f*** that guy.

I think my favorites programming associated with [as] would have to be:

Home Movies (I first saw this show the night adult swim premiered back in '01. I fell in love with the "realness" of the mumbling, fumbling dialog immediately, which was extremely exciting and novel to me back then)
Mission Hill (short but sweet)
Tim & Eric ASGJ/Tom Goes To The Mayor
Xavier: Renegade Angel
Moral Orel
12 oz. Mouse
Boondocks
Venture Bros
etc.

There are actually very few shows on the network I've not been able to appreciate on some level... I even started liking the much-maligned "Fat Guy Stuck In Internet" around the end of the series' initial run. Now that they've started airing it again, it's actually better than I remember.

As for the Britcoms they've picked up, Darkplace and LAY spring to mind most immediately.

Not a big anime person, but Cowboy Bebop was a wonderful, wonderful series.

I also like some of CN's stuff too... Really liked Flapjack. I was pretty upset when it ended, which made me reluctant to get into Adventure Time, but it evenualy won me over. That, and Regular Show.

Not too keen on (most of) their other current programming though.

Other shit:

MSCL (I was actually to other way around from Skylarker... Too young for it when it was on, discovered it later in life and fell in love)
Freaks & Geeks
Monty Python (who doesn't like that?)
Cheers (I used to love the theme song as a kid, but never could get into the show... I really love it now though)
Frasier
Will & Grace (yeah, it's stupid, but I still love it)
The Nanny (even stupider and WAY campier, but I still enjoy it for some reason)
Ab Fab (thanks to Comedy Central for introducing me to that "back in the day")
South Park, before I stopped paying attention years ago
and the aforementioned shows:
Matlock
Murder, She Wrote
GOLDEN GIRLS!!!

Exploitation/Trash TV I watch obsessively and yell at the TV in astonishment and murderous disgust while doing so:

The Real Housewives of __________
My Super-Sweet 16
MTV in general (on rare occasions, they actually have a quality "True Life" episode every now and then)
Hoarders
Intervention

I am a bit of a masochist... I don't know why else I would watch those awful f***ing shows.

I'm sure I will remember plenty more later.

Dexter
Six Feet Under
Seinfeld
Friends
Family Guy
American Dad
America's Funniest Home Videos :)o)
Fashion Police
The Soup
Mythbusters
How It's Made
Golden Girls
Degrassi Junior High
Voltron
Inspector Gadget
Twin Peaks
House
The Mentalist
Law and Order
Survivor
Big Brother (I like watching people solve puzzles)
Guiding Light
As the World Turns
The Young and the Restless
The Price is Right
The Dog Whisperer
Hoarders
Snapped
My Name Is Earl
Desperate Housewives
Veronica Mars
California Gold
Everybody Loves Raymond
Rules of Engagement
Big Bang Theory
Two Broke Girls
Conan
Jeopardy
True Blood
What was the throwback one with Kevin and Winnie...that one
Portlandia
Flight of the Concords
Sunny in Philadelphia
Doc Martin
The Office
30 Rock
60 Minutes

There's probably a ton of others and I don't watch them all now, even the current ones. And some of them I have watched over the years because other family members have, like the soap operas, and I got sucked in. :D I went through an eight year period where I didn't even own a television. I do now though. :p I think of all of them, I have seen more episodes of Law and Order than any other. LOVE that show. Dunk dun...

Last edited:
Dexter
Six Feet Under
Seinfeld
Friends
Family Guy
American Dad
America's Funniest Home Videos :)o)
Fashion Police
The Soup
Mythbusters
How It's Made
Golden Girls
Degrassi Junior High
Voltron
Inspector Gadget
Twin Peaks
House
The Mentalist
Law and Order
Survivor
Big Brother (I like watching people solve puzzles)
Guiding Light
As the World Turns
The Young and the Restless
The Price is Right
The Dog Whisperer
Hoarders
Snapped
My Name Is Earl
Desperate Housewives
Veronica Mars
California Gold
Everybody Loves Raymond
Rules of Engagement
Big Bang Theory
Two Broke Girls
Conan
Jeopardy
True Blood
What was the throwback one with Kevin and Winnie...that one
Portlandia
Flight of the Concords
Sunny in Philadelphia
Doc Martin
The Office
30 Rock
60 Minutes

There's probably a ton of others and I don't watch them all now, even the current ones. And some of them I have watched over the years because other family members have, like the soap operas, and I got sucked in. :D I went through an eight year period where I didn't even own a television. I do now though. :p I think of all of them, I have seen more episodes of Law and Order than any other. LOVE that show. Dunk dun...

Looks like American tv is as bad as they say.And what is Big Bang Theory about? I only watch snippets.Theyre all a bit poofy for me.

Looks like American tv is as bad as they say.And what is Big Bang Theory about? I only watch snippets.Theyre all a bit poofy for me.

It's about atheist geeky star wars fans and nerdy science stuff. Most people don't really get the jokes. I rarely watch TV and I only saw few episodes, quite liked it but the actors are slightly annoying.

Auf Wiedersehen Pet
Game On
The Singing Detective
Porridge
One Summer
Minder
Hazel
Budgie
The Likely Lads

i think shows like 'the wire', and 'the sopranos' are works of art. these two aside, most of the shows i enjoy are comedies; i'm a big fan of 'louie', which is the brainchild of the one and only louis ck (probably my favourite US comic); 'stewart lee's comedy vehicle' is amazing as well, along with 'south park', the british 'office', 'the boosh', harry hill's 'tv burp', and 'the inbetweeners'.

It's about atheist geeky star wars fans and nerdy science stuff. Most people don't really get the jokes. I rarely watch TV and I only saw few episodes, quite liked it but the actors are slightly annoying.
I'll give it a miss then.I tend to watch tv in the early hours when in bed.Its always on about 1am when I have a flick during the adverts.

Misfitssmall.jpg

heroes_casttitel_2_w573_h_m.jpg

206262.jpg

walkingdead2.jpg

THE_CHAMPIONS.jpg

The_Saint_titlecard.jpg

TheAvengers60s.jpg

poster.jpg

Some good choices C Blaze.Ive been watching The Saint re-runs (Roger Moore).Not one hair out of place after taking on 5 men at once in a fight.Amazing.

Some good choices C Blaze.Ive been watching The Saint re-runs (Roger Moore).Not one hair out of place after taking on 5 men at once in a fight.Amazing.

cheers Billy. When i grow up i wanna be Roger Moore!

Back
Top Bottom