What are your favorite bands/singers who've debuted within the past 10 years?

I have just recieved a lovely present from my kids this morning for mothers day! Richard Hawley - "Ladies Bridge" album.
It is fabulous!!!

:D i'm rather predictable
20070119theTears.jpg

:D i'm rather predictable
20070119theTears.jpg

i don't mean to be pedantic, but Suede, who i adore, debuted in 1989. hard to believe...
from the last ten years...
arcade fire are wonderful. seems to be fashionable now to denigrate them as flash in the pan, but at my age, they seem absolutely wonderful on a purely musical basis.
also, the national. superb band.
maximo park are great. love goldfrapp.
editors are class also. great live band too.
arctic monkeys are good, but not great in my opinion.
than again, i'm 67.

i don't mean to be pedantic, but Suede, who i adore, debuted in 1989. hard to believe...
from the last ten years...
arcade fire are wonderful. seems to be fashionable now to denigrate them as flash in the pan, but at my age, they seem absolutely wonderful on a purely musical basis.
also, the national. superb band.
maximo park are great. love goldfrapp.
editors are class also. great live band too.
arctic monkeys are good, but not great in my opinion.
than again, i'm 67.

I loved 'Funeral' but the others not as much. Just heard some Goldfrapp
for the first time yesterday.
Past 10 years, I like TV on the Radio, Interpol, Metric, Okkervil River,
Doves, LCD Soundsystem, Gravenhurst, Bloc Party, Maximo Park, Beruit,
Dresden Dolls, Tender Forever, Red House Painters (89), Kent(age?)
Earlimart, Amandine, Piano Magic, Chris Garneau, Stars, The Gentle Waves, The Killers, John Vanderslice, Babyshambles, Silversun Pickups,
The Twilight Sad, Architecture in Helsinki, Jeniferever, Ghinzu, The Blood Arm, Sons & Daughters, The Black Lips, Air Traffic, The Whitest Boy Alive, Milburn....I'm sure there are more I can't think of now......

The National, Editors and Interpol are the three that most come to mind..I also had a major crush on The Pipettes for almost a year but that has since fizzled.

I flippin LOVE Arcade Fire. I didn't expect much after 'Funeral' but 'Neon Bible' was one of my favourite albums of last year. The debut EP is a bit patchey but still has a magic of it's own.
I also like The National and Interpol, although I didn't get into last years album much. And Benjamin Blower is excellent, he's my pick for this year. But he's only on a very small indie label in Birmingham so I guess the yanks haven't heard him yet.

arcade fire
interpol
postal service
raveonettes
peter bjorn and john

probably some others that i cant think of.

Interpol, Madlib, Lootpack, Giant Drag, Flying Lotus, Ras G, Jaylib, Kankick, The Strokes, The Libertines, Oh No, Dudley Perkins, MF DOOM, James Pants, MED, Frank-N-Dank, Quasimoto, Slum Village (11 years), Edan, Uncut Raw, Guilty Simpson, Koushik, Little Brother, Phat Kat, The Streets, The White Stripes, D.I.T.C., Dizzee Rascal, Four Tet...

Interpol, Madlib, Lootpack, Giant Drag, Flying Lotus, Ras G, Jaylib, Kankick, The Strokes, The Libertines, Oh No, Dudley Perkins, MF DOOM, James Pants, MED, Frank-N-Dank, Quasimoto, Slum Village (11 years), Edan, Uncut Raw, Guilty Simpson, Koushik, Little Brother, Phat Kat, The Streets, The White Stripes, D.I.T.C., Dizzee Rascal, Four Tet...

Oh THE LIBERTINES. I forgot them.

kings of leon
black rebel motorcycle club
the strokes
lcd soundsystem
the strokes
the vines
doves
british sea power
electric soft parade(good to seem them get a mention)
the coral

a few others im sure i have forgot

Back
Top Bottom