What are you watching on YouTube right now?

That "old crone" is Flannery O'Conner. She easily has more writing talent than Vidal and Mailer combined. If you had actually read any of their books, I suppose there's a chance you might understand.
oops, i didnt know that! :oops:

wiseblood is my favourite movie! (and yes, ive read the book)

i never expected her to be so annoying... or so jewish sex-doctor looking..

poor norman mailer. i know how hard it is to be smarter than everyone :( good for him for telling that old crone to shut it. she was annoying me too.
I dunno, I thought Norman may have come in a little too hot for this one.

I dunno, I thought Norman may have come in a little too hot for this one.
i dont know what he's like normally so i cant say. i just recognized the dynamics of the situation having been in similar situations myself. i almost felt a kindred spirit in norman mailer, in that interview anyway.

oops, i didnt know that! :oops:

wiseblood is my favourite movie! (and yes, ive read the book)

i never expected her to be so annoying... or so jewish sex-doctor looking..

Just a bit of a play on my part. In actuality that was Janet Flanner. Your gullibility is quite amusing.

i dont know what he's like normally so i cant say. i just recognized the dynamics of the situation having been in similar situations myself. i almost felt a kindred spirit in norman mailer, in that interview anyway.
Normality and nothing beats a very handsome brave Jewish writer like Norman. I enjoyed those interviews years ago. Read about Gore, who I also admired, I'm anything but one or two dimensional, unlike the thickos today. Complexity and fascination. And the Ali interview was interesting. I loved Dick. (The interviewer btw) My next two reads are Adele (he stabbed her) and Jack Henry Abbott's letters. He let NM down big time. Norman was wild and real. :thumbsup:

That "old crone" is Flannery O'Conner. She easily has more writing talent than Vidal and Mailer combined. If you had actually read any of their books, I suppose there's a chance you might understand.
Flannery did indeed write beautifully but that's not her in the interview. Watch again.

Back
Top Bottom