What are you watching on tv?

Currently enjoying Killing Eve on HBO.

A spy series with two females leads, Villanella, a ruthless killer and Eve, a bored MI5 officer, who end up obsessed with each other and enter into a game of cat and mouse. Peppermint has previously recommended it; I finally got around to watching it - the show really does pull you in. I just watched three episodes in a row, can’t wait to see the rest. The dialogue is brilliant and funny, there is sexual tension between the two women, and although Villanelle is a sick, sick freak, you can’t help but like her and become sort of fascinated by her. Jodie Comer is immense in this. There is so much care going into this production: the costume design, the cinematography, the soundtrack - all perfect.

And it’s got some great lines, like

"I will kill you in the face!" :lbf:

Marvellous.

Currently enjoying Killing Eve on HBO.

A spy series with two females leads, Villanella, a ruthless killer and Eve, a bored MI5 officer, who end up obsessed with each other and enter into a game of cat and mouse. Peppermint has previously recommended it; I finally got around to watching it - the show really does pull you in. I just watched three episodes in a row, can’t wait to see the rest. The dialogue is brilliant and funny, there is sexual tension between the two women, and although Villanelle is a sick, sick freak, you can’t help but like her and become sort of fascinated by her. Jodie Comer is immense in this. There is so much care going into this production: the costume design, the cinematography, the soundtrack - all perfect.

And it’s got some great lines, like

"I will kill you in the face!" :lbf:

Marvellous.

Ahh, 12", so glad you're enjoying it! And you are right, Jodie Comer is immense - genuinely scary, yet likeable, funny and totally GORGEOUS. I find it so amusing that in real life she has a Liverpudlian accent and still lives at home with her mum and dad. The good news is they are shooting a second series right now, I think to be screened later this year. Can't wait!
Oh, been meaning to ask you, did your little chaps survive the freezing?

I hate Jodie comers face so much, with her receding chin, jawline that sinks into her neck, unharmonious nosebridge, wonky eyes and messy eyebrows. every time i see her she puts me in mind of brian peppers.

I hate Jodie comers face so much, with her receding chin, jawline that sinks into her neck, unharmonious nosebridge, wonky eyes and messy eyebrows. every time i see her she puts me in mind of brian peppers.
Really? Wow. I could almost turn gay for her. Who is Brian Peppers?

Really? Wow. I could almost turn gay for her. Who is Brian Peppers?
well, I don't want to post his picture here because it's a bit shocking but he's this guy with some kind of facial deformity who became a meme years back. pretty sad, actually.
yeah, I just don't get her appeal. none of her features seem to go together very well--in my opinion. her prettiness--ill admit she is pretty (not a beauty though)--seems very hmm... makeshift. like all her features were thrown together haphazardly and she just got lucky that somehow it worked. and even though I generally prefer natural eyebrows to overly tweezed ones, I don't understand why they cant do something about hers, just a little tweezing on the bottom to give them some shape. they'd be nice with a little tweezing.
also, isn't she a little young to turn gay for, pep?! :p now I don't feel so bad for swooning over a 26 (or 24 or whatever) year old neil codling....

well, I don't want to post his picture here because it's a bit shocking but he's this guy with some kind of facial deformity who became a meme years back. pretty sad, actually.
yeah, I just don't get her appeal. none of her features seem to go together very well--in my opinion. her prettiness--ill admit she is pretty (not a beauty though)--seems very hmm... makeshift. like all her features were thrown together haphazardly and she just got lucky that somehow it worked. and even though I generally prefer natural eyebrows to overly tweezed ones, I don't understand why they cant do something about hers, just a little tweezing on the bottom to give them some shape. they'd be nice with a little tweezing.
also, isn't she a little young to turn gay for, pep?! :p now I don't feel so bad for swooning over a 26 (or 24 or whatever) year old neil codling....
Oooh, I say, that's a bit ageist :eek: If I want to have a gay fantasy shag, surely age doesn't come into it? I just find her really luscious. I think the truth is more that I would like to BE her, actually. It's an odd description you give of her, though. Very detailed and specific - but I've looked and I just can't see what you're seeing. How very curious.

haha, i don't mean it as ageist. i think i was just projecting because sometimes i feel like a teeny bopper for lusting after young neil (although old neil is just as lust worthy), so actually im quite happy if you want to have a gay fantasy shag with someone also in their mid 20's, as it makes me feel better about my straight fantasty…. book reading partner and eternal letter opener.

actually, I was going to say too, that she also reminds me of a less beautiful snejana onopka. like snejana onopka is the flawless beautiful prototype, and jodie's the flawed copy. or like if snejana and brian peppers had a baby.

Where is the threshold for abandonment?
I don’t know there is one. I haven’t watched them together like you are. I saw them when it originally aired. So it was spaced out. I think the last couple, maybe three?, seasons have been really good. Since it came back. Maybe skip ahead. My favorite episode is an early one though. I’ll have to figure it out and direct you to it.

I don’t know there is one. I haven’t watched them together like you are. I saw them when it originally aired. So it was spaced out. I think the last couple, maybe three?, seasons have been really good. Since it came back. Maybe skip ahead. My favorite episode is an early one though. I’ll have to figure it out and direct you to it.

So like instead of a life coach, you’re my entertainment crossing guard...

Ok, It’s Season 3, Episode 9: “Mary, Joseph and Larry” it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it but I remember all sorts of details,

Ok. I’ll watch it to there. But if this doesn’t become must see TV, it’s your tushy.

Tags
television
Back
Top Bottom