What are you listening to right now?

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I've had a lot of time driving around in the last few days, and the CDs I've had on are Half-Man Half-Biscuit - Achtung Bono (genius lyrics...), Bread - Anthology (I think Dean Adshead would understand - just great, simple songs), Divine Comedy - Victory For The Comic Muse (back to his best), and Morrissey - You Are The Quarry - Deluxe Edition (the b-sides - why does he always save the best for the b-sides?). What are other folk listening to right now?

Peter

Anything by Eno or David Byrne is being listened to by me a lot at the moment. I'm quite enjoying slowly losing my mind to My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts. Also, The Sleepy Jackson's Personality is great. I love his drawl. No one drawls anymore.

new york dolls - one day it will please us to remember this

I think it's a good record! More calmth, but some nice songs on it!

My current favorite is Jens Lekman's When I Said I Wanted To Be Your Dog. Got it a year ago and still can't stop listening to it. Other frequently played albums lately... Blonde Redhead - Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons (going to see them next week!). The Pipettes - We Are The Pipettes (wonder what Moz thinks of them). David Bowie - Low (I always liked Bowie but only lately I got into his Berlin-era albums). The Divine Comedy - Casanova (discovered them only lately). The Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia (wonderful. No other comment necessary).

now I'm listening to some random songs of Of Montreal. Great band!

and @davdavon: great music taste! (I love Jens Lekman too! And the pipettes! and divine comedy! but the dresden dolls are just wicked - still have to find out whether I mean that positive)

now listening to: bauhaus - all we ever wanted, was everything
f-ing hell! this band is soooo good!

Cat Power
Viva Hate (by that bloke Mozzer)
Nick Drake
Dirty Pretty Things
Elliott Smith
Elbow - Leaders of the Free World

At the moment I've been mostly listening to "The Eraser" by Thom Yorke, "Singles Going Steady" by Buzzcocks, "Richard D James" by Aphex Twin and a Shirley Collins best of collection.

Oh, and "Maladjusted" too.

I love Jens Lekman too. Do you remember the riots? :)

Morning Runner!!!!
Maximo Park
Libertines
Casiotone for the painfully alone
Cat Power

right now, rott. it's been a while since the last time :o

Anna said:
I love Jens Lekman too. Do you remember the riots? :)

Morning Runner!!!!
Maximo Park
Libertines
Casiotone for the painfully alone
Cat Power

right now, rott. it's been a while since the last time :o

ohhhhh wellll loookkkk who it issss!! :p

Pulp's Seperations and Suede's first album on random track. Right this second Don't You Want Me Anymore by Pulp is playing. Next I'll put in Franz Ferdinand and The Smiths, and possibly Your Arsenal on Vynil.

Back
Top Bottom